Ex Jabba Fabia For Sale Again !!

Johnny50

I just can't work out the logic, apart from the fact there isn't any of course!

The whole point of buying something like that is that everything has already been done for you, to a professional standard. Why the hell would you go changing things?! Fair enough cosmetic changes to suit, different wheels perhaps, but leave the damn mechanicals alone :)

Steve

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I didnt know that Pikeys owned cars?

I dont see how the owner can say its his beloved car - poor thing looks like it hasnt been washed since it found its new home in that cesspit of a location.

I remember reading the mag review for this car. Was this Furby one of the first tuner modified vRSs in the country?

Hi And thanks to see that my car has got so much attention, i loved reading through this thread and seeing what stories people have in there heads...

Here are some facts,

The mileage on the clock is what was on it when i bought it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention that it has more miles than stated.

The engine was not damaged and no standard parts have been put back on the car.

The turbo was blown when i bought it and it was due to the previous owner, paul, because he setup water mathanol injection himself and subsequently blew the turbo

The turbo put back on the car was rebuilt by a chap in america who works for garret. It took him 6 months to source the parts needed and it ended up costing me £650 plus £100 for labour.

It may not look like it did "back in the day", but i don't buy a car to leave in a garage or under a cover for a sunny day. At the end of the day it is a piece of metal that gets me from A-B very quickly and it is still performing to its full potential. I have respect for the people at Jabba for creating a machine like this, and have enjoyed owning it.

Its a shame, then, that Paul the old owner was a complete and utter muppet and blew it up. Maybe then this game of chinese whispers and making things up in your head would never have happened.

If anyone wants to see the car then you can, i am always about driving so can meet up anywhere. I will put pictures up on here if you want tomorrow.

Contrary to popular beliefs i am no retard, i have been very well educated.

Thanks, rant over

Edited by clarkie83

Without being rude, havnt most people just said the turbo blow up and it has a new intercooler too? So infact they are right?

I will back you up on the driving rather than cleaning front however fella, I got mine to drive, not to look pretty all the damn time!

at the end of the day this car isn't set up right it smokes far too much,its also been clocked,it now doesn't have some of the very expensive parts on that it left jabba with,and it looks like ****,all in i think that just about sums it up,5700 quid lol,its not worth half that mate

at the end of the day this car isn't set up right it smokes far too much,its also been clocked,it now doesn't have some of the very expensive parts on that it left jabba with,and it looks like ****,all in i think that just about sums it up,5700 quid lol,its not worth half that mate

Gary, Dont pull your punches, tell us what your really thinking ;)

Gotta say, Clarkie83, your explanation does indeed back up this post by, I'm guessing your mate who you leant the car too?

http://briskoda.net/jabbasport/jabbasport-fabia/139941/#post1639996

I'm glad you re-wrote the add on Piston heads as well, but I wouldn't have mentioned this forum.. if viewers had found it they'd have read your explanation above, but now each person who read your add will come looking for this thread with a suspicious outlook.

There is some speculation, on particular forums, that the damage was more extensive than this. It is simply not true, the front mount has not been changed and no parts on the car have been replaced with standard ones.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love that from his add classic :D Here is my version ;)

There is some speculation (People who know about this car but shhhh), on particular forums (A place were people know about cars! Including the life of this car...Am screwed!), that the damage was more extensive than this (That i had put TNT in my turbo, And i had fitted an intercooler something the size of something used to cool down a washing machine. and that some one clocked the car....i dont know who this was... someone just did last night maybe pixes not sure). It is simply (not id delete that word) true, the front mount has (not that one as well) been changed and no parts on the car have been replaced with standard ones (just worser ones).

Just so you can get your price right 3 months ago i bought a 05 fabia vRS 32k with extras for £5400 privately

Depends on the extra's... as the above still has ALOT of work on it. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt pay that but im just saying...

Mine smokes loads, so does that mean mine is knackered too? LOL

Depends on the extra's... as the above still has ALOT of work on it. Dont get me wrong I wouldnt pay that but im just saying...

Mine smokes loads, so does that mean mine is knackered too? LOL

believe me when i say this mate,i have never seen a car or truck smoke like this last time i saw it about 8 months ago and i've seen many stage 2 td equipped cars,hell not even shiftys smoked like this and thats the smokeyest one i've seen,i would say the pro alloy custom made intercooler it was mapped to run with has errr gone somewhere,cos it certainly isn't on the car anymore;)

so it really does need mapping properly again

I wouldn't mind a look at this and to fetch it back to its former glory :cool:
having seen your car on numerouse occasions(i used to deisel up at a certain truckstop you were allways parked outside)i can honestly say you need to buy it,.because if yours is anything to go by then she will be in safe hands once more:thumbup:

Hi And thanks to see that my car has got so much attention, i loved reading through this thread and seeing what stories people have in there heads...

Here are some facts,

The mileage on the clock is what was on it when i bought it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention that it has more miles than stated.

The engine was not damaged and no standard parts have been put back on the car.

The turbo was blown when i bought it and it was due to the previous owner, paul, because he setup water mathanol injection himself and subsequently blew the turbo

The turbo put back on the car was rebuilt by a chap in america who works for garret. It took him 6 months to source the parts needed and it ended up costing me £650 plus £100 for labour.

It may not look like it did "back in the day", but i don't buy a car to leave in a garage or under a cover for a sunny day. At the end of the day it is a piece of metal that gets me from A-B very quickly and it is still performing to its full potential. I have respect for the people at Jabba for creating a machine like this, and have enjoyed owning it.

Its a shame, then, that Paul the old owner was a complete and utter muppet and blew it up. Maybe then this game of chinese whispers and making things up in your head would never have happened.

If anyone wants to see the car then you can, i am always about driving so can meet up anywhere. I will put pictures up on here if you want tomorrow.

Contrary to popular beliefs i am no retard, i have been very well educated.

Thanks, rant over

In regards to the PM you sent me. I have the edition of the mag where the car is featured. The full spec is listed with all facts about the car and how impressed they were with it.

The turbo - Who fixed it? What company do they actually work for? Do you have the invoice showing this? Did it have a different turbo or the same?

I didn't mean to offend you - I would just suggest you think twice before you kick off at the forum members.

This is a great forum with lots of help and advice - The car has been 'Red flagged' so instead of lashing back.... Read all the posts about the car and answer the questions we have.

If you are buying a house - You ask questions. I'm sure you do the same with a car? I think you know from my posts that I'm very interested in the car hence why I want to compare it from "Then" to "Now".

Please note - The advert still lists no service history (Presume Jabba - Then who?), Tax?, M.O.T? The car also has (mild?) damage but no evidance is there. What does the mileage state that the car is on now?

So, just to confirm. The car has been clocked and you are still trying to sell it for that price? :o.

Please do take the time to get back to me and answer the questions listed above,

Rob.

believe me when i say this mate,i have never seen a car or truck smoke like this last time i saw it about 8 months ago and i've seen many stage 2 td equipped cars,hell not even shiftys smoked like this and thats the smokeyest one i've seen,i would say the pro alloy custom made intercooler it was mapped to run with has errr gone somewhere,cos it certainly isn't on the car anymore;)

so it really does need mapping properly again

You havent seen mine have you!

GetAttachmentCAMQXHXO.jpg

Just coming onto boost...

having seen your car on numerouse occasions(i used to deisel up at a certain truckstop you were allways parked outside)i can honestly say you need to buy it,.because if yours is anything to go by then she will be in safe hands once more:thumbup:

Ahh yes that would be where I work, in the factory over the prison style fence :rofl:

Thanks for all the comments.

At the time of writing the post and editing the ad on PH i was very upset by some of the comments made on here. I am sorry for insulting anyone here and will edit the add accordingly.

When the car left Luke it went to Paul (dieseltorque). He lives in st helens and yes he blew the turbo up. I sold my MK5 Golf gttdi to buy this car in the state it was for £6500. When i bought it off him i took it on face value that the mileage stated was true. He said he had lots of paperwork to backup the car, which i am still waiting to recieve, as at the time i was unaware of what had been done to the car and who's it was. I had just seen the car round where i live and he showed me the company it came from.

As it does say in earlier post's by ant i did use this car for 9days before the turbo seals went and spat oil out the back. Thanks to a lead footed friend of mine doin 100+ in 4th.

The car got recovered home and the turbo was removed and sent to a good friend who works for the garret company, i have his phone number and contact details if anyone would like to contact him. He said i would recieve it back in a month but it ended up been 6 months due to trouble finding the correct parts. He said he had never seen a turbo like it and tried explaining to me that it had some sort of dual impellor system so the turbo was always spooling through the rev range.

Stripped the exhaust and had it washed through while i was waiting for the turbo.

The water and methanol kit that paul put on i still have in a bag. The front mount is still the same pro alloy intercooler that came with it, which i took off to get cleaned up today and take a pic of.

I was gutted when the turbo went as at the time i had no other car to use but it all seems like the wait has been worthwhile now.

As for the smoke it is due to the 90degree bend on the front of the intercooler rubbing on the head of a nut which holds the rad in place, and eventually wears through the bend causing a loss of air pressure which in turn makes it smoke. i am on my 2nd one now and today discovered i need another one desperately which i ordered today. This fixes the problem all the time and does stop it from smoking as much as a bus...

As for the car been scruffy i dont know where this urban myth came from! It has stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet and a key scratch on the drivers wing thanks to a jealous t**t.

The car has got 5 months tax and 4 months MOT left. The mileage on the clock (obviously not correct) is now 42306. I got it on 34k. So i have done 8k on the new turbo.

As for the history jabba did sell it with a load of history which at one point i did see when paul bought it. Now i cant find him to get at it as he never passed it over with the car. At the time i wasn't too concerned as he lives in the same town as me. Thats why i havent put it on. Brake pads, oil changes, filters and back wishbone bushes have been carried out by myself, and before you start calling me i am a mechanic. Oil n filters are all free complements of work. Oil n filter got changed every 1000 miles since fitting the turbo.

I dont understand the question about damage? Do you mean mechanical damage or cosmetic? I can 100% say that the car has never been crashed. As for mechanically the turbo blew up.

Like i said i will come anywhere on if there is a meet on in NW area i will show you just what the car is like, at this present moment in time i am contemplating a visit to jabbasport just to see how much the car has "changed".

Apologies for upsetting anyone with any comments made by myself.