London to Brighton...

Hicksy

I am having to drop out as I have other commitments now with the house which comes first. Sorry guys.

1) Joel VRS

2) lfc958

3) Walkie

4) Aerofurb

5) Chris Ellis

6) alexb

7) Matt vRS (? the shame of a loan car)

8) Flatfourburble plus the other half! (? sat night beer)

9) davidcollins01 (? sat night beer)

10) dj666 (?bug permiting)

11) scrutineer (playing catch up )

12) Hicksy (Neil and co-driver Pies!)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Joel VRS

2) lfc958

3) Walkie

4) Aerofurb

5) Chris Ellis

6) alexb

7) Matt vRS (? the shame of a loan car)

8) Flatfourburble plus the other half! (? sat night beer)

9) davidcollins01 (? sat night beer)

10) dj666 (lot better will be there)

11) scrutineer (playing catch up )

12) Hicksy (Neil and co-driver Pies!)

Ok a few of you seem to be having problems finding clacketts so heres a map of the locality. If you coming left to right on this map ie anticlockwise round the m25 go past clacketts to junction 5. This is a restricted access junction but heres how you can reverse direction.

1) Approaching 5 stay in the middle lane that will be come the left lane of the two for the m26

2) As soon as the m25/m26 split you have a really easy to miss slip marked A21 Sevenoaks

3) Once on the A21 stay in the left lane and keep the speed DOWN (hard for VRS drivers :thumbup: )

4) after not very long take the A25 westerham slip (there is 2 a25 slips so be careful think its the second)

5) Now follow Westerham and in quick time you will see M25 Gatwick etc signs take this to get back down onto the A21

6) Stay left and you will follow the road round to the M25 clockwise and then just hoof it back to clacketts.

Bad news, I've just been informed I've got to work tomorrow morning - problem of being in a 'leisure' industry job. My apologies to those who have put in the hard work organising it, next time I'll make sure I'm well away from work!

Cheers, Jerry

Oh no Aero, thats not good to hear, still i'm sure you'll have much more fun at work :rofl:

So... just to clarify then...

10.00am at Clacketts? And it sounds like it's the clockwise side? probably a silly question but can't you just go over a brdige to both sides? Never drive on that sectio of the 25 so don't know, sorry!!

Hicksy :D

How many of you did the run Marc? Any pics coming up?

sadly there were only 8 starters a bit of a shame after all andies work but we all seem to enjoy it- even the drive home again had its ligther moments...didn't it Chris? :thumbup:

there were photo's taken ...i'll try to sort some out -watch this space

Got back myself @ about 5:45, was nice to meet more new faces.

Great to see that Joel_VRS made it from peterboro.

It was more of a treasure hunt, and a BRILLIANT idea Andy :)

Had a brief chat with Hicksy, we appeard to agree that we definately do it again next year , but make it early September, not long after the schools go back, but not that long after the summer hols memoires .

Would be nice to see 20 cars next year :thumbup:

Steve

sadly there were only 8 starters a bit of a shame after all andies work but we all seem to enjoy it- even the drive home again had its ligther moments...didn't it Chris? :thumbup:

there were photo's taken ...i'll try to sort some out -watch this space

Bmw drivers don't you just love em:finger: :rofl:

Bmw drivers don't you just love em:finger: :rofl:

funnily enough - I wasn't referring to the BMW " incident" :rolleyes: (but do wonder if that "incident" will cure them of undertaking :D "

i was thinking about the play with the evo :D I know when i'm beaten but it was entertaining :D

anyway as as everybody said - a good day out :)

i got back at nine!! after leaveinng brighton sea front at 6.30 we had a good walk round and drink in a pub on the peir!! was a bit raw tho lol

Thanks to all that was involved.... oh and thanks for waiting for us at the pub :thumbup: lol

in total i tihnk we have done about 400 miles today :eek:

Joel

sorry i couldnt make it today, there were a combination of things that went wrong, mainly the roady being with me for 2 hours and then spewing oil everywhere (i presume dad told you) - so i now have a punto :(

Other reason was i did not go to bed till 3 am and was a bit drunk and had to wait for a bit before driving this morning ..... :D

• 2 weeks later...

That day was SO much fun, really had a great time meeting everyone and figuring out the quiz route! Thank god my mate could make it otherwise i'd have been stuffed!!!

definately have to do another one next year, maybe do it twice annually... March for the spring season and September for the summer season? Roads were a bit too greasy and there was no point in me staying up til crazy hours the night before getting the beast shiney cos it was filthy when I turned up at Clacketts!!

Joel... Bit disappointed you didnt play when we left the car park?! I know blatantly you'd have whooped me but I haven't seen an Octy cane it yet!

Here's to the next one, and thank you Andy :thumbup::cool:

Hicksy :D