Wish I had purchased black..

Well had the 2006 Mk2 TFSI occy for 6 months now, great car but at the time I was looking for a black one. This came up with 31K on the clock, 18" wheels and comfort pack in race blue so bought it. Then fittted park assist, MDF3 & remap but still tempted to get a black one.

Question is do the race blue sell better and what do you think its worth today, has 34K on the clock and excellent?

Also if I poke the missus in the eye would she wake up and not notice I have changed the car......again?

thanks

My race blue is riddled with stone chips, very visible and very annoying on close inspection . .

Still, least its not a black corrola with white pokadots like my fathers car, who forgot to move the car when he was painting the house with a roller. The whole car is covered with tiny specs of white .... :)

Black looks wonderful when clean, choose black by all means but you'll always be washing it though.:orb_bath:
I agree with always washing the black. I have a black RS & wish I had of gone for silver. With the black you will see any little marks in the painwork i.e. stone chippings etc.

I had a black Meriva (thats before I knew better!), Get black if you like washing your car more than driving it!

Have I set you off masonic? Sorry if I have! Your car is really nice though, for a "girly blue" one ;) (Not my words by the way, words of a Skoda salesman I know..)

Was it by any chance the salesman that was selling yours to you?

Watch it shark boy I have your number................and will call it soon for the cruise control :thumbup:

Was it by any chance the salesman that was selling yours to you?

Watch it shark boy I have your number................and will call it soon for the cruise control :thumbup:

:rofl: Funnily enough yes it was :thumbup: Will catch you soon for the cruise :)

Keep it :)

I was looking for a race blue, but could only find a black one at a reasonable price!

Love the car, hate the colour.

Saying that, I bought a black Audi UR-Quattro when I were a lad, which basically ruined my life for a couple of years, financially speaking - think I'm biased nowadays.

My race blue is riddled with stone chips, very visible and very annoying on close inspection . .

Still, least its not a black corrola with white pokadots like my fathers car, who forgot to move the car when he was painting the house with a roller. The whole car is covered with tiny specs of white .... :)

I did move my Fabia, but it still got spotted- a go over with clay cleared it off fine.

Contrary to what peeps say, as long as you give a black car a really good clean, with polish and wax, it stays extremely clean..in *****y weather, the rain and muck tends to just roll off it, and just a wash will suffice to get it back up to scratch...my mate has a black volvo, which he just washes (no polish or wax), and the difference between our cars is incredible...put the initial work in, and you'll have no probs :thumbup:

Contrary to what peeps say, as long as you give a black car a really good clean, with polish and wax, it stays extremely clean..in *****y weather, the rain and muck tends to just roll off it, and just a wash will suffice to get it back up to scratch...my mate has a black volvo, which he just washes (no polish or wax), and the difference between our cars is incredible...put the initial work in, and you'll have no probs :thumbup:

+1

I love black cars, I only had silver this time because all the black ones I looked at had been wrapped round a lamp post.

On my old Black Focus, every 6 months I'd spend an afternoon washing, claying, machine polishing, glazing and then waxing it. After that, just a quick wash & dry with detail spray once a week was sufficient to keep it looking mint.

1.jpg

I had a black car once. Never again.

Blue does show chips but not as bad as black, not worse than any other colour.

Silver and white are best if chips bother you, they're closer to the colour of primer and it doesn't stand out as bad.