My New vRS Estate Facelift Pics...

I tested a DSG but in derv, whilst I really wanted to test a petrol. I also then tested a manual LE.

Found the box very smooth, fast changes and tiptronic mode was cool. Noticed it kicks down if I wanted to pull away quickly which can be jerky but its the first time I've driven an auto. Of course you get the paddle shift now. I ordered a petrol DSG last week. :)

Gearbox on mine is very smooth, is quite close ratio compared to my old mk1 vRS. Clutch is really light and smooth...:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tested a DSG but in derv, whilst I really wanted to test a petrol. I also then tested a manual LE.

Found the box very smooth, fast changes and tiptronic mode was cool. Noticed it kicks down if I wanted to pull away quickly which can be jerky but its the first time I've driven an auto. Of course you get the paddle shift now. I ordered a petrol DSG last week. :)

I suppose the question should have been if money wasnt an issue would you rather have the VRS (petrol) in manual or DSG paddle format? :cool:

I've never owned an auto but am open minded to the new generation of auto boxes such as the DSG.

have they changed the stitching on the new cars? I am sure its the same colour as the 'leather' in my current car but in the pics above it looks like a contrasting thread...looks good

ok ignore me I just went and checked :) the stitching on the seats is light grey but my armrest has darker grey thread to match the leather..

I suppose the question should have been if money wasnt an issue would you rather have the VRS (petrol) in manual or DSG paddle format? :cool:

I've never owned an auto but am open minded to the new generation of auto boxes such as the DSG.

I've ordered the DSG, this was the main reason for me changing cars, I'm happy with my current mazda, but it has a 6 speed box. :(

Very Very Nice.

Any Chance you can help me out ??

Octavia Running Lights v Side Lights

When your engine is running, your Running lights wcome on. What happens at night when you switch your side on ? do your running lights go dim and your side lights come on at the top of the headlight housing.

Many thanks

Nice car by the way

Very nice indeed, I particular like the re-vamp under the bonnet, the air filter in the engine cover was a bad idea. Still prefer the A5 wing mirrors and why oh why don't they colour code the grill and add the tidy boot lip spoiler to the vRS?:confused:

Very Very Nice.

Any Chance you can help me out ??

Octavia Running Lights v Side Lights

When your engine is running, your Running lights wcome on. What happens at night when you switch your side on ? do your running lights go dim and your side lights come on at the top of the headlight housing.

Many thanks

Nice car by the way

spot on! no pun intended. LED's are always on day or night. When switching side or headlamps on, the LED's simply go a bit dimmer....

Looks great. Is that Sunset glass from the B pillar back, or normal? And is the engine cover marked TFSI or TSI ?!

Just been and checked out my new one at the dealers as it arrived this morning and it is most certainly a 'TSI'. Will be picking it up on Tuesday and cant wait. Phoned Direct Line and to my surprise, my insurance premium has gone down by £30 a year (from an 07 VRS PD). Paying just over £300 now which I think is excellent.

Damn you all with your FL vRS's! ;)

My PD TDi Combi is not even 2 years old and I keep looking at the FL's and thinking, I want, I want! The FL really looks good, esp face on... And I'm liking the Silver too...

Anyone wanna buy mine? 10k miles... I wonder what its worth?

Thanks for confirming that . ...the dials are white!!! :thumbup:Any pics would be great. I know mk6 golf gti are now white, I prefer them to the green. I'm just hoping my build date will be brought forward!

Had a look around one at the weekend and there dash and interior is very much like audi, very nice quality. I really like the white dials.

Has anyone got one in white yet? Perferably the estate? Also on the options the roof bars can be in silver....what colour are they normally?

Just got to make my mind up before the end of the month lol

Thanks for confirming that . ...the dials are white!!! :thumbup:Any pics would be great. I know mk6 golf gti are now white, I prefer them to the green. I'm just hoping my build date will be brought forward!

Not the best pic but you get the idea....

30683.attach

spot on! no pun intended. LED's are always on day or night. When switching side or headlamps on, the LED's simply go a bit dimmer....

This is the same behaviour I've noticed on my FL vRS. However, do your sidelights at the top of the main headlight housing come on when the headlamps are on? My don't, even though the sidelight bulbs and loom are present.

It almost as thought the LED DRL replace the sidelights... :confused:

Had a look around one at the weekend and there dash and interior is very much like audi, very nice quality. I really like the white dials.

Has anyone got one in white yet? Perferably the estate? Also on the options the roof bars can be in silver....what colour are they normally?

Just got to make my mind up before the end of the month lol

I ordered my VRS Estate in white on 23rd august.Car not due until december.The standard roof rails are black hence the reason i ordered silver roof rails with sunset glass:thumbup:

The std colour of the roof rails seems to depend on what country you live in. Here in Oz all Octy wagons come with silver rails, while in NZ the white and yellow ones seem to come with black rails.

I personally think black rails look better than silver rails on light coloured wagons (I managed to score a set of black ones for my yellow wagon and am very happy with the look).