CALCULATED vRS Mpg Thread

BRUN

i really want to clear this up once and for all, please can you post in this thread ONLY if you have calculated your mpg properly, from brim to brim

do not reply with i get 80mpg, indicated, it means nothing and only serves to drive me around the bend with a niggle that my car would never do 80mpg, nor do i believe any Fabia vRS ever really would do

in my sig is my mpg, calculated since ive owned it, using the website http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/

this is by far the most accurate way of working out your true mpg, full tank to full tank, over time

a lot of my driving is town driving but i should be doing a little more motorway over the coming months than before so that should help bring my figure up slightly

can people also give details on which engine they have as im wondering if the BLT is more fuel efficient

2004, 53 plate

61000 on the clock

ASZ engine

mpg as below in my sig over the past 10 months

Edited by BRUN

07 VRs SE BLT engine

31500 miles on clock

Average MPG over last 8,500 miles 49.9 MPG using Excel spreadsheet

OBC MPG 58.6 so quite optimistic to say the least :rofl:

Mostly A and B road driving, very few motorway miles.

Ok then properly worked out mpg via a great app on the iphone called Gas cubby :cool:

Average over the last 2149 miles

All motorway driving at 60-65 mph except 1.5 miles from home to motorway and 1.5 miles from motorway to work which totals 65 miles per day.

62.4 mpg

Fabia vrs Nov 2004 with 33000 miles on the clock(dont know the engine details sorry)

P.s the computer in the car reads 72.5 mpg over that distance so is miles out !!!

As I posted on the other thread

Just refilled mine.

507 miles to 41 litres = 56.2 MPG

All trips driving to work and back nice & steady motorway route. The MFA (I'm still in VW mode) shows 70+ MPG average each trip (79.3 best), so quite a lot out. Well over 10 MPG out. :(

Long term trip shows around 61-62 MPG

Standard car 31550 miles on the clock.

i really want to clear this up once and for all, please can you post in this thread ONLY if you have calculated your mpg properly, from brim to brim

do not reply with i get 80mpg, indicated, it means nothing and only serves to drive me around the bend with a niggle that my car would never do 80mpg, nor do i believe any Fabia vRS ever really would do

in my sig is my mpg, calculated since ive owned it, using the website Mileage Calculator and Vehicle's Costs Analyser

this is by far the most accurate way of working out your true mpg, full tank to full tank, over time

a lot of my driving is town driving but i should be doing a little more motorway over the coming months than before so that should help bring my figure up slightly

can people also give details on which engine they have as im wondering if the BLT is more fuel efficient

2004, 53 plate

61000 on the clock

ASZ engine

mpg as below in my sig over the past 10 months

Not utterly accurate but...

2005/55 plate.

ASZ engine.

Average MPG as reported by the trip computer is around 47-48 ish. I usually put 38-41 litres in at a fill up and this last 400+ miles on average which matches broadly with the trip computer.

Longer journeys on Motorway in the summer have seen last 50 mile figures of up to 61MPG. Add in a cold start and the cruddy B roads to get to the bl**dy motorway in the first place and anything above 50mpg is good.

J.

2004/54 plate, 60,000 odd on the clock. I've owned it since March.

Over the last 3993 ( :) ) miles, average (calculated) is 56.96 mpg. That result is somewhat inaccurate - over the last 3 tanks, I've averaged around 60 mpg - took a while to get used to driving a diesel.

paul.

General driving (A-roads and round town etc)

Trip says 44.6, actual was 43.9

In Economy mode (57-60 all motorway to work and back, 35 miles each way)

Trip says 64.8, actual was 62.3

FWIW, 03/53 vRS, with ASZ engine ,approx 75k. Running on Tesco's finest with a shot of millers and 250ml of 2 stroke oil every fill up :)