Age of vRS owners

Hi all. A somewhat bizzare posting you may think. But one of interest. Iv just ordered a FL VRS CR 170. When I told the guys in the office they went oh you are a bit young for a skoda vrs aernt you? Im single and 23. My argument is however, I need a diesel due to the miles I do a year. Iv just traded in a MK1 Leon FR Tdi. Looking at similar spec'd cars and for the money of the skoda there isnt another hot hatch like it in my own opinion. So my question......am i the youngest VRS owner.

your thoughts would be appreciated.

M

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 61 so may be more typical. But at 24, in 1973, I went from an MG 1300 to a twin-carburetter Austin Maxi HL - in some ways a 70s equivalent to the vRS and bought for the same reasons as you. I wanted practicality coupled with a bit of zing.

a twin-carburetter Austin Maxi HL... ....I wanted practicality coupled with a bit of zing.

Wow, never thought I'd see the day. Austin and 'zing' used in the same context... :P

I'm probably bang in the middle of the demographic they aim for at age 39 and someone who needs the space and practicality of a family car but who wants a bit fun on a b road when I go off fishing with friends or just out for a drive!

I should be in the bloody adverts!

I'm probably bang in the middle of the demographic they aim for at age 39 and someone who needs the space and practicality of a family car but who wants a bit fun on a b road when I go off fishing with friends or just out for a drive!

I should be in the bloody adverts!

Ditto 39 - wot he said above. Good to see so may young uns onboard.

39 too! Was 37 when I got my first vRS in 2007. Must say you see all ages driving 'em. When I was in my 20's I had several (3!) Peugeot 306 DTurbo's which I suppose was the vRS TDi of its day. Like the vRS it had pace and economy (and could haul a caravan which is important for us!) but looked sporty too ... wonder what it woould be like to drive one now ... that 90bhp would be very tame!

Im 31

Bought mine brand new when i was 29 mainly because i wanted Performance & Practicality. Plus i liked the look of the car and when i did a bit of research the tuning potential (and fuel consumption - yes i know you don't buy a performance car for consumption but when the cars your comparing all average low 20's and the vRS averaged mid 30's it was a no-brainer) was what swung it for me. I also got it through work so saved myself near £7k on the UK price (i was in Germany at the time). So even with what i have spent on Mods i still haven't quite reached what it would have cost me to buy the car in the UK.

But im getting there and my plans will defo take me waaaay over ;):D

Carl:thumbup:

I'm 24 and had my mk1 octavia vrs a year.. Although iv added a couple mods eg h&r springs , miltec exhaust,bmc induction kit, remap blar blar my mates rip the **** out of me but I have 2 kiddies and it's the most practical car with the power to boot. My mates face was a picture when he tried it off the lights in his fiesta st haha something about an understated performance car i actually like :-D

Guest wilkopilko
I'm 61 so may be more typical. But at 24, in 1973, I went from an MG 1300 to a twin-carburetter Austin Maxi HL - in some ways a 70s equivalent to the vRS and bought for the same reasons as you. I wanted practicality coupled with a bit of zing.

My mates Dad had an Austin Maxi HL in Burgundy, if I remember it had brown cloth interior which looked quite plush back then! It was so quick (then) a real wolf in sheeps clothing - I think the engine blew in the end & it sat in his front garden for 10 years - ahh those were the days :)

36, got mine in January after a 24 year old work colleague got a race blue hatch....your never to young or old to own a vRS!! :thumbup:

I was 19 when I bought mine new. Had it 3 years and now 22.

19???? you've got to much money.....;)

39 too! Was 37 when I got my first vRS in 2007. Must say you see all ages driving 'em. When I was in my 20's I had several (3!) Peugeot 306 DTurbo's which I suppose was the vRS TDi of its day. Like the vRS it had pace and economy (and could haul a caravan which is important for us!) but looked sporty too ... wonder what it woould be like to drive one now ... that 90bhp would be very tame!

Actually a Good point my VRS journey started with a Mk I VRS 1.8T in 2006 I was 36.

Hi all. A somewhat bizzare posting you may think. But one of interest. Iv just ordered a FL VRS CR 170. When I told the guys in the office they went oh you are a bit young for a skoda vrs aernt you? Im single and 23. My argument is however, I need a diesel due to the miles I do a year. Iv just traded in a MK1 Leon FR Tdi. Looking at similar spec'd cars and for the money of the skoda there isnt another hot hatch like it in my own opinion. So my question......am i the youngest VRS owner.

your thoughts would be appreciated.

M

Im 24.

waiting on my FL CR 170 vrs too.

traded in a mk1 leon FR too!

Guys in my office said the same!

so pretty much the same

I had a citroen xantia with the same engine for my first car, was a hoot with 90bhp and diesel torque, all my mates where driving around in fiestas, corsas and saxos, non of them could keep up :)