What did you do to your Skoda today?

RobClubley

Had my Spaceback professionally detailed for winter (and to have some of the swirls taken out of the paint and B pillars). Also replaced the front wipers with Michelin Stealth wipers.

Good work - get some photos up of the results :)

Stick them on the Rapid forum, or Car Care - your call :thumbup:

Same here, daren't wash it because if I do the car and drive will just freeze over.

Dont do it.

Made that mistake the other week.

Made my drive black ice.

Straight on my arse. Narrowly missing the car. Sore back side after that.

Atm though, its just ice anyway with snow ontop. A&E must be busy the last few days.

• Like 1

Ditto! (:

And I have a consultants appointment with my daughter at 0900 tomorrow morning... Looks like the haldex 4x4 will come in useful!

And I have a consultants appointment with my daughter at 0900 tomorrow morning... Looks like the haldex 4x4 will come in useful!

Maybe. Depends on the tyres ;)

Im a full in believer that tyre choice is king now.

Got winters on the works van, so unfortunately I'll be going in, no matter what.

Sheffield roads were supprisingly good this morning, I even saw my 1st snowplow in 7years on Sheffield roads this morning (up at Grenoside)

Got it stuck on a steep hill in the snow, it nearly got hit 5 times by cars bounching off the opposite kerb. Decided enough was enough, 4th gear, full throttle, asr off, speedo showing 140mph, noise, smoke... Good times

Fitted a new rear wiper blade to my Spaceback, and bought a Fabia Estate for my mum this morning. Am now very, very poor. :)

Will post pics of the detailed Spaceback this weekend, weather has been horrid ever since I picked it up, so hasn't really lent itself to pics to show off the work.

Exploring the local side roads. Plenty of snow on them.

One particular road is quite steep and quite long. A suzuki swift got stuck about 12 foot up so i had to stop.

Thought id buggered it with no run up. Waited for him to get out the way and off i went. It was sliding abit and scrabbling for grip, but it got all the way to the top.

Forced to stop at the junction at the top. Set off again. Double win!

Was useless before i fitted the Vector 4 seasons.

They dont seem to be any worse than full in winters tbh.

Sheffield roads were supprisingly good this morning, I even saw my 1st snowplow in 7years on Sheffield roads this morning (up at Grenoside)

And for gods sake don't forget the R.

On Topic: Took it in to Northallerton, arrived about 1 and a half hours early so went to Lookers and asked the parts guy if he had a iPod to MDI cable, he said what car is it for and I said well, it's for a Fabia but I'm sure it's the same cable. He gave me one to try just to make sure, it fit so went back in and asked how much he said well I think they retail for about £20, so I said that's £20 then? "Well you can have this one for a tenner it's a spare" Bingo! Then I went to the sticker shop to get some vinyl for the red on the grill (will peal the old off, clean with alcohol and re do when it's dryer and warmer) Guy there cut me some stripes so I have those in the boot, then I went to Sam turners, got a can of WD 40 and sprayed the boot rams because the right one was starting to squeak. Still had an hour left so I went to a tyre shop and got 4 new Hankook tyres fitted. Then I took it into Vasstech and the guy went, looked at the car and said the mirror was fine and the radio worked, what was the problem because it said on the sheet "check mirror and code radio" so I explained the issues and he said he'd look at it and do it leave it with him. So wasted some time in Northallerton which I'm not good at doing, went back to Vasstech and it as done not that long after I'd got back. Guy said he'd had a look at the mirror and basically the wires that connect the stalk to the glass were sticking and the only real way to fix would be to replace the mirror but if it does it just push on the glass and it will go back (it's only ever done it in November and December, never before or since) and he'd done the MDI. So all is well now.

£25 bill from Vasstech

£270 ish from tyre shop

£5 for the Vinyl

£3 for the WD 40

£185 spent in Northallerton (I went into Grovers toys to look at some Scalextric the woman there said that she'd been trying to get in touch with me because my limited edition Stig Blomqvist set had come in (but obviously couldn't because I lost and subsequently changed phones) and I bought a VW and Bentley too) then bought a game and 2 DVDs at the market and went into Greggs, ordered 4 sausage rolls, she said the sausage rolls weren't very warm would you like some chicken thing I said no, I want sausage rolls thanks. She proceeds to get one sausage roll so I left it at that. Can't be arsed arguing with the daft.

Maybe. Depends on the tyres ;)

Im a full in believer that tyre choice is king now.

Well we got there across town for 09:00 this morning not problem - on Vredestien Sportrac 3's (so not winters but a good V tread design that has never yet let me down).  There was probably a good 6 inches of snow with us this morning on top of some ice but I brushed it off, started the car and it pulled off our uphill drive no worries.  We live part way up a pretty steep hill but we sailed up to the top on snow and slush and then started across town.  Most of the road were similar, including some of the main roads but a good result really!

• Like 1

Washed it in the sun! ish

Applied a coat of Optishine Optigloss. Easy to work with, spreads far and leaves a nice slick feel after buffing. Just need a spot of rain now.

Fitted Brisky number plate surround to rear --- Looks very smart.

Vacuumed the Octy out, shampooed the front seats, got the new winters put on the spare steel wheel and the summer spare off the n/s rear and the other new winter plus it's winter alloy back on (looks much better. [emoji1] )...put a three and a half yr old boy in it and went to the local children's farm.