Official Yeti Owners List

mannyo

• 4 months later...

I wonder how many on this list still have a Yeti....? I would think I am on here somewhere back in 2010 when I collected my first of 3 to date.

Can only be declining from now on unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

I wonder how many on this list still have a Yeti....? I would think I am on here somewhere back in 2010 when I collected my first of 3 to date.

Might be worth starting a new topic on the subject......................to find who the other 3 are:D:D:rofl:

• 1 year later...
On 01/05/2019 at 16:40, kenfowler3966 said:

Sold my Yeti in July 2018 after over 80,000 safe miles and lots of happy memories.

Bought a 3 year old Suzuki Vitara Allgrip and although it does not feel as well built as the Yeti, it has lots of modern gizmos and has been faultless so far.

And much better value than the VAG alternatives imho.

However, I still miss my Yeti Tdi 4 x 4 and think Skoda made a mistake switching to SUVs that look like all the rest!

Edited by finebone

Unexpectedly changed to a Karoq myself last week after coming across more or less my desired spec in a showroom with a good offer on whilst there to have my Yeti serviced. So I am also now an ex Yeti driver having had and loved them for 3 versions and 10 years and around 160k miles.

But now having the Karoq it is clear design has moved on in 10 years. Even though I had issues with the Yeti ride on 17” wheels, my new car on larger 19” is far more comfortable. It is more spacious inside as well with noticeably more width in the cabin

4 minutes ago, Robjon said:

Have you towed with it yet, Graham?

Yes, twice now.
Towed down to Cornwall when it had 1k on the clock and then to Shrewsbury the other weekend.
It isn't as good as the Yeti towing, but then I didn't expect it to be, but it coped more than adequately and was certainly as stable.
Found the DCT box coped very well. Tried it in manual/sport mode as well and decided auto was best!
Regenerative braking was useful on some of the hills on the A30 west of the Cornish border.
Petrol consumption was obviously higher but that was expected, and we don't normally go that far very often.
Did find that reversing the van just using the electric motor was excellent as it is so gentle.
It does seem to be improving as we get more miles done.

• Thanks 1

Ken: Interesting to hear your views on the Karoq. Suppose we all need to move on sometime....

Graham: Great to hear from you again. My Vitara is another diesel with 55mpg fuel consumption and has been fine on the odd occasion I have towed with it. However, my next 4X4 will probably be a self-charging hybrid.

Edited by finebone

After nearly 10 happy years with my CR170 Yeti (unfixed) I've moved on to a Karoq.  The gap between the value of the Yeti and a replacement (there isn't one, BTW!) was growing ever greater, so we took the plunge and went for a Karoq.

We hope it will be another 10 year 'keeper' and anticipate its eventual replacement will be fully electric!

Despite covering less miles  this year to date, than we ever have done previously, its  proving equal or better in every area except character = no more friendly waves from other Yeti owners!

Still visiting here daily, though - such a helpful, supportive and friendly place.

Edited by Merlinman
Grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Member  -  DoctorX

Engine     -  1.8 TSI CDAA (160 HP)
Model      -  Experience

Colour     -  Matto Brown Metallic

Location -  Bucharest, Romania

• 2 weeks later...

⬅️name

2015 Elegance 170. Soon to be remapped to approx 210.

EA189 fix to be rolled back as well. Currently on a 9979 file.

Boring dark grey or really light black (was too much of a deal to care about the colour).

Heko wind deflectors, angry Yeti sticker, new air and pollen filters, and throttle body degunked, EGR nozzle rotated.

Rear discs and pads replaced with Pagids

Next will be DSG service in December, and Haldex in around Feb/ March.

Keep thinking about a new infotainment unit, but am content with current Amundsen MIB 1, and Google maps on the phone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brijo said:

Welcome, shilling!  Mileage?

Thank you. Been here a while, before I bought my Yeti.

I got mine at 71k miles, and it now has close to 74k.
I'll be changing the oil when I've done 5k miles, as well as the other above bits.

• Like 1