Private plate - what's yours

Ian_D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one on my old Mercedes PanzerTank, it's S600 SCM

SCM = S-Class-Mercedes, actually it was the initials of the guy I bought it off but I just tell everyone what it means to me.

I'd obviously like the plate S 600 but that's on an A8 for some reason, but I though S6 OOL or S60 OMB would be cool but you'd have to space them illegally to make them look any good.

Edited by Allams Skoda

The trouble with that plate is you will have to change it every year to correct it. :rolleyes:

I once saw on a Blue Fabia vRS, SE** VRS. :cool: I still don't know if he is a member on here.

SE07 VRS, surely? :rofl:

ACE!! :rofl:

I saw GIBLET on a butchers van years ago... G13 LET ...badly spaced so you wouldn't have liked it Ben, amused me though! ;)

I really like mis spaced and mis represented Number plates - gives me something to do when I'm in work - and like Ben said - wipes the smiles off the cheapskates faces

(Stopped a guy in an Evo a while back and his plate was **** EUO but with a dot at the bottom of the U to make it appear like a V - after the usual " the screw is there to hold the plate on officer" excuses, he admitted "I couldn't afford ****EVO!":rofl::rofl:)

I never understand why people are so worried about people on the interweb knowing your registration number, hundreds of people every day see your registration as you drive around.

What would you do if you drove past a BBC news reporter and your car was shown in the background of the 6pm news report?

I wouldn't mind CHR 15W but it's £27995 ex VAT :(

https://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/secureordering/orderregmark.asp?web=1&searchpage=homepage&searchtype=1&regno=CHR%2015W&regprice=27995&index=0&st=&plateid=30008020&criteria=chr

Edit: Another one I wouldn't mind is CHR 1S, but this one is on a Golf

Sorry i just dont get !!...pretending that a bunch of letters and numbers make up something else by jiggin around with the spacing is beyond me!! CHR 1S is still to me CHR 1s and not CHRIS!!....sorry

My old man has FRY 1N, back in the day it was worth about 35K!...He still calls the motor FRYIN!!....I just call it the Lexus!!!

K:)

Mine is

R88 ***

chistian name is Rob and then fisrt 3 letters of surname

Used to be a sheep farmer and tried to buy B11 AMB but seller hike the price up when he found out my trade!!

There may be many reasons for having a 'private' plate (why 'private' when everyone can see it?).

Me, I've been divorced for almost 2 yrs and my ex-wife severely limits my time with my 3 boys so having their initials on my car and bike gives me a connection to them every day.

My car reg is J14NLG (my name amongst my boys' initials in age order) which was £250 from the DVLA and my bike is V2 JLG with the V2 now referring to the rocket, handy as I'd called the bike 'Rocket' from it's colour scheme, which cost me £215 inc all fees from eBay.

Yes I have one :)

There may be many reasons for having a 'private' plate (why 'private' when everyone can see it?).

Think the DVLA prefer you to use the word 'cherished' now :D

Steve

mines my name .
I have one with my name on it!

Not sure about everyone else but i would be pretty annoyed if i had been christened either:

N10 KSF or J110 NJO, they are NOT your name, YOU just think it looks like it :confused:

When they actually do spell a name (like the CHR 1S etc) then i don't mind them, or even ones with just numbers and letters (123 ABC, or 12 AB ..... etc) then they look ok, but these are very few and far between.

A pplate is on my wishlist but I always find something else more important to buy.

Plates here are 6 characters and you can have whatever you want on your plate for $7-800 as long as it's not taken or offensive.

There are some good ones around!

I found that "VRS" has been registered at some point and was on a Suzuki Vitara that was written off about 8 years ago - tempted to find the owner and make an offer :D

I've seen things like BUILDR, BOOBYS, SCRMOM, stuff like that. I saw a 4WD with 2TOWIT and the boat trailer trailer had 2FISH (trailers have their own 5 digit reg)

SKODA is taken (dammit) and has never been on a car. RSKODA was on the first Mk2 vRS in NZ.

Hmm...