Taking the P.

Mr Grumpy

I've not been here long, but I LOVE this site. It's a mature and helpful place to be and I'm glad to be part of it. I know no-one (except Damo who I've briefly met) but I STILL feel 'part' of it. This sort of site doesn't run itself. I used to run a couple of smaller local sites for my area, and I know how much time/money they took to run and maintain, not to mention when there are nightmares like this to deal with.

In summary, I've been here for 5 minutes, and had no problem 'donating' a quid to Colin, I'm not going to miss it, but if a few more put a quid (or whatever they like) in the kitty, it will be a nice thank you to the Admin. He will have put an enormous amount of (his own) time into this, just so we can post.

If I want to give someone some money, I will. I've paid my taxes on it, and I'll give it to who I damn well please. If you don't want to, then no-one is saying you have to, it's called a choice.

Rant over.

I think you need to know Mr Grumpy a bit better to understand his postings. :D

• Administrators

Well I posted when I was tired. Still feel 90% the same. I welcome views but sometimes, well nuff said, the straw that broke the cammels back and all that.

Thanks all for you donationsand what. no more smoke out my a$$ come on guys where's the love :)

No really I don't need it got enough going on. Hopefully two more days is all you have out here on ec2 land. And I overslept...

Well I posted when I was tired. Still feel 90% the same. I welcome views but sometimes, well nuff said, the straw that broke the cammels back and all that.

Thanks all for you donationsand what. no more smoke out my a$$ come on guys where's the love :)

No really I don't need it got enough going on. Hopefully two more days is all you have out here on ec2 land. And I overslept...

Colin, I'm sorry if I offended you, I was only making an observation, which was obviously took in the wrong context by almost everyone. Of course I appreciate all the time and effort you put in, as we all do, and on the whole it is a friendly and well run website, but, unfortunately, sometimes, things go a tad awry,and sometimes those 'in charge' can't see the wood for the trees. In my line of work we welcome criticism, constructive or otherwise, as a way of moving forward and improving things, after all, if nobody ever complained, nothing would ever chang or move forward, and that can't be a good thing can it? Perhaps my sense of humour is too advanced for some on here........

• Administrators
In my line of work we welcome criticism, constructive or otherwise, as a way of moving forward and improving things, after all, if nobody ever complained, nothing would ever chang or move forward, and that can't be a good thing can it? Perhaps my sense of humour is too advanced for some on here........

Perhaps thats why I jumped off the fence the way I did. I've not had any constructive criticism. I do get it and act on it, but in your specific case I've not had an email or pm to any effect. If it's in public then there is a low chance I will spot it buried in the forums.

I like to think that the site is moving forward, perhaps not at the moment today, but soon and it has done in the past.

So as always, feel free email is in sig as it has been for the last 6 years or so.

Oh did I forget we hired a hole venue a

Not fair I only got to go to some motor museum, when did you visit a hole??:confused:

In my line of work we welcome criticism, constructive or otherwise, as a way of moving forward and improving things,

Public transport sucks and your buses Don't pick up from my door nor do they drop off where I want to go, oh and another point they are expenxsive,smelly and full of drunks. HTH :P

a gift from one person to another is not taxable... hth

edit: damn, beaten to it ^^

Well, it depends on the size of the gift, hence the need for Gift Inter Vivos policies.....but lets not get into that :) lol

Well, it depends on the size of the gift, hence the need for Gift Inter Vivos policies.....but lets not get into that :) lol

Sounds like the words of someone studying equity and trusts :)

I'd like to throw my 2p into the pot on this one:

I'm a member of several car sites (inc an admin on one) and this one has to be the most profesional one run for the costs. Some sites don't even let "free" members asks tech questions and 9/10 a mod closes the thread with reference to the search field etc.

Also speaking as a Network engineer I know how much of a bugger it can be when a server falls over or is attacked. Personally I think paying for the freedom status gives me peace of mind that I might not know everything about a fabia or an occy but this site helps. I also have to say when I say the donate button up I could relate to what Colin was going through hence making a small donation. Some sites are run by people who spend 24/7 glued to a keyboard and have wet dreams about recoverying a server - it clearly isn't the case here and shouldn't be a problem.

Colin has a life. as mentioned if you feel you don't wish to pay fair enough. Don't. It's that simple. No one is saying yu have to.

:(

Edited by wilsonian

Some sites don't even let "free" members asks tech questions and 9/10 a mod closes the thread with reference to the search field etc.

No, mods don't do that, I just eat a kittie :D