vRS Bluetooth Options

I'm about to place an order on a new vRS but having Bluetooth handsfree is very important to me - I'm on call more or less every other week and need to be able to take calls.

I use an iPhone and I'm not changing it for a Nokia or WinMo unit just to get rSAP :)

So my question is this - what's the best way to get a decent Bluetooth handsfree setup with as close to factory fit operation as possible?

I'm about to place an order on a new vRS but having Bluetooth handsfree is very important to me - I'm on call more or less every other week and need to be able to take calls.

I use an iPhone and I'm not changing it for a Nokia or WinMo unit just to get rSAP :)

So my question is this - what's the best way to get a decent Bluetooth handsfree setup with as close to factory fit operation as possible?

The dealer told me when I was looking at the bluetooth is that it will work with any phone as long as its a Nokia! :) Manual lists a few siemens phones too. I got them to fit a 9200 LCD Parrot in mine, the mics are by the front interior light cluster and the dispal is between and just below the central air vents, nice job all in all. Its bluetooth but also has an iPod dock on it.

Might be an option for you.

Steve

The dealer told me when I was looking at the bluetooth is that it will work with any phone as long as its a Nokia! :) Manual lists a few siemens phones too. I got them to fit a 9200 LCD Parrot in mine, the mics are by the front interior light cluster and the dispal is between and just below the central air vents, nice job all in all. Its bluetooth but also has an iPod dock on it.

Might be an option for you.

Steve

My iPhone connected no problem to the New Superb Bluetooth.

Can't see why it wouldn't work in an octavia.

Ask the dealer can you try your phone in a car that has it. i would imagine they have one in the showroom.

Carl :thumbup:

I got a fiscon kit fitted last week to my VRS, used OEMretrofits in Bradford.

Interface is great and works with so many more phones than the skoda option.

Will start a thread soon with some photos

I also had these guys fit the bluetooth kit to my New FL VRS two months ago and it works brilliantly with my iphone and the bolero stereo interface. Highly recommend. They fitted it at my workplace in Northampton as they travel down the M1 every couple of weesk doing installs between Bradford and London.

I looked into this and couldn't come up with a definitive answer. I read so many posts on different forums about the bluetooth not working that I finally gave up the ghost on it (and I have a Nokia phone!). Shame because it is great when it works. The Fiscon kit costs about the same as the factory install and apparently has much better local support and provides almost the same functionality. The factory rSAP kit is theoretically better (receives and transmits outside the bodycage) but has little support amongst phone manufacturers. Interesting that the new Superb works with the iPhone though, that would mean it definitely does support HSP (i.e. practically all bluetooth phones).

The Iphone isn't officially compatible with the Skoda OEM (factory fitted) BT system that you order with your car, you need to have a phone with RSAP capability to have full compatibility, you may however be able to get limited connectivity with an Iphone.

I also had these guys fit the bluetooth kit to my New FL VRS two months ago and it works brilliantly with my iphone and the bolero stereo interface. Highly recommend. They fitted it at my workplace in Northampton as they travel down the M1 every couple of weesk doing installs between Bradford and London.

Hi mate, do you have Maxidot and the MFSW?

Edited by Grad

My dealer said his IPhone works on the bluetooth. Skoda said my HTC HD2 would not work on the bluetooth and yet it does.......make of that what you will.

Maybe you could find someone local with it fitted and try to connect to it. Where abouts are you?

This is confusing - can anyone with a newish vRS with factory bluetooth confirm if it works with an iphone? My dealer could only demo it with an ancient nokia phone and it did not work with an iphone.

Easy way ask SUKCS on 08457 745 745.

Sorry IJ but thats a waste of time

I did this when enquiring about whether my Nokia 5800 would work and they said no, it was not on their list.

They just quoted me the list in the brochure which I pointed out that it was about 2 years old.

Nor could they remember it ever being updated

The iPhone is not listed as being compatible with our Audi S3 Bluetooth but it works just fine. I should have my vRS Bluetooth installed in the next couple of days so I'll be able to give a first hand report then.

At this stage I can have the iPhone plugged into the MDI and playing music but still connected to the windscreen mounted TomTom via Bluetooth and that's working okay.

Edited by K1W1

I'm in Twickenham or Maidenhead for home and work respectively.

I'm in hounslow so if you did want to see the bluetooth in action I'm just around the corner.

As for asking skoda uk even they will not give a straight answer as they often don't know anymore than what some on here know.

I got a fiscon kit fitted last week to my VRS, used OEMretrofits in Bradford.

Interface is great and works with so many more phones than the skoda option.

Will start a thread soon with some photos

I'm heading up there in the next few weeks to get it fitted. Some pics would be great if you have them :)

• 2 months later...

I've just taken delivery of my new octy vrs with Bluetooth/MDI and gutted to find that my SonyEricsson C902 does not work with it. The system reports "phone not compatible" and won't really attempt to do anything with it. Now, my phone is not on the official list (which is fairly small) so theoreticallty I can't be too upset, but naturally I am...

Thing is - i was looking to get an iphone when the next version comes out, so I can probably live with this for now - but I'm going to check if my partner's iphone works with the current bolero. Will report back. However, i'm also intrigued to know if there is any hack or update can be done to either the phone or the bolero that introduces additional compatibility.

cheers

nik

As suspected my iPhone doesn't work with the bluetooth in the new Octavia which I picked up on Thursday (pics to follow...), yet a mate who got a Yeti 3 weeks ago has his iPhone working fine :(

As suspected my iPhone doesn't work with the bluetooth in the new Octavia which I picked up on Thursday (pics to follow...), yet a mate who got a Yeti 3 weeks ago has his iPhone working fine :(

When I spoke to my dealer wen ordering our FL vRS he said that the BT wouldn't work with the iPhone or Blackberry. I have decided to get a Kenwood or Denon that happily works with the majority of phones and has a superior SAT NAV built in, think it will be cheaper than the dealer fitted options as well. :yes:

H.

Edited by bigh1_15

My understanding is that the BT factory kit in an Octavia is GSMIII which in effect is a standalone car kit other than a SIM card, its gets this info from your phone via Bluetooth using the rSAP protocol.

The kit in a Yeti is the older GSMII