Skoda Garage giving Lectures

Called in Skoda today for a 10 amp fuse (Wipers) and got a Lecture on using the wrong type of Screen wash. ??. You must use VAG or this problem will persist. Do you want to buy some. NO. just the fuse please, Screen wash, NO. just the fuse. They are £1.80. I need a fuse. This guy was trying my patience. He even told me they where running short on fuses, fitting on average 10 a day. I felt like telling him its the Bloody Screen Wash your using. PUT VAG in it. I got 1 fuse and thought if this Bloke tried to sell me a car I would walk.

It's to do with the "fan" type nozzles. If you mix two (or more) brands together in the filler tank, they can react to produce "gunk' which clogs up these fancy nozzles.

It doesn't actually matter what brand of wash you use so long as you aren't mixing different ones together. I have had nozzles get clogged in the past due to not knowing this and have seen the gunk collecting at the nozzle head.

Nowadays I just use Halfords concentrate all the time with no problems. I do fill the tank up before a service (if I remember) to stop the dealer mixing VAG stuff in with it.

Called in Skoda today for a 10 amp fuse (Wipers) and got a Lecture on using the wrong type of Screen wash. ??. You must use VAG or this problem will persist. Do you want to buy some....

What an utter disgrace! That dealer should be ashamed of themselves for telling you how to prevent blowing your fuse again :giggle:

I'm using Asda's £1 2.5 litre screen wash in concentrate form in my washers and it still bloody freezes! :(

Best stuff i ever used was Shell but they're a rip off for pricing now

• 2 weeks later...

Was it £1.80 for 1 fuse ?

My wiper fuse blew the other day because the bottle is frozen so went to esso and got a multipack of mini fuses for £1.60 :D

are they buying there fuses from halfrauds?

I wish people would stop using the term "Halfrauds" when it isn't justified.

Whilst Halfords will sell you a packet of 2 fuses for an exhorbitant £1.89, they also sell a mixed set of 100 including 20 10A ones housed in a substantial box for only £6.99, which I rate as really good value.

I bought two, one for the normal sized fuses and one for the smaller ones...

1 - ONE - 10amp fuse = £1.80, Skoda Dealer, and I got the impression he did not want to sell me that. It was my fault and rightly deserved this problem, lucky it was just the Fuse and not the Pump exploded. This would'nt have happened if I used Skoda Screenwash, Want to buy a Bottle, NO. HUH might be worse next time. NO.