Negative 'G'

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving down a smooth straight road near my house, 30mph up a climbing a hill with a slight incline, as the car goes over the top and it's not a sharp drop either, the car does somethin similar to when cruise controls engaged, a second or two of what feels like engine braking. Personally think its somthing to do with the fuel pump but I'm no mechanic and there's no hills like this near the garage where I can replicate it with a mechanic on board. Just relieved other people experience it without any further problems developing, I've only owned the car a few weeks and originally thought I'd been sold a duff car.

• 1 month later...

I now get this a lot, but I'm confident it's down to not enough damping on the front.

As soon as you can get the springs working enough then you end up with exactly these symptoms.

For me I know I need new front shocks anyway, but it might be worth checking these on your car.

Some VAG cars are known for being heavily sprung, but under damped. This could be something to do with it.

When I took the car out for a 3000 mile spin home the other week it plagued me want Skoda to man up and get to bottom of this they have been selling us cars since 2008 that have given this problem to its owners from what I see on thread since inception of the CR engine majority the CR170. ESP on or off it does it but I would hate to think anyone would drive around with a safety feature turned off for the sole reason of preventing this fault, no one should have to do that. Stand by what I have said in the past I will sell car when I move back home if it cannot be solved rather buy a car that works or if a fault like this develops the manufacturer would do their job and not pull a Toyota on me!

• 5 years later...

Mine has this anomially as well! As I have never owned a diesel before and I thought it was normal like pronounced engine braking or something! However it is annoying so if there is a fix that someone is aware of please let us know! 

It's not ESP, I know it's always on normally but that's not the case on my cr170 VRS when I press the off button.

It's not suspension or braking as I have Uprated all of them.

It's some engine quirk that hopefully can be sorted.

Edited by AROSVRS

30 minutes ago, dilksie said:

Just read through this thread as I too experience this fault. I notice it mostly on a particular road that drops away after being fairly level for a while. Car feels like I have lifted off of the accelerator for a moment. Car is a 2010 Octavia VRS TDi

Yes exactly that, get it a lot on roads with large dips or downhills, which there are loads of around here! Hopefully someone will have a fix soon! 

It’s the g sensor killing the power.  First time I felt this was when I got my exeo. Did it in a well used road that drops over a brow and slight curve. My Octavia does this too but my Jetta never did. Jetta was pd and exeo and Octavia are cr engines. It’s more than likely linked to the torque limit via the stability program. 

22 minutes ago, tonyuk74 said:

It’s the g sensor killing the power.  First time I felt this was when I got my exeo. Did it in a well used road that drops over a brow and slight curve. My Octavia does this too but my Jetta never did. Jetta was pd and exeo and Octavia are cr engines. It’s more than likely linked to the torque limit via the stability program. 

Thanks for the reply, G sensor! I've not heard of that is there a part location? what's its purpose? 

42 minutes ago, xman said:

The airbag controller possibly is the source of any accelerometor data

Oh! Not something to tinker with then :dull: could be a case of a non fixable gliche?

Edited by AROSVRS