You are doing it right! The big Skoda Octavia II picture thread!

This thread has gone a bit awry. It started as a thread to post tastefully modified cars in (hence the "You are doing it right"), but now it's getting a bit full of pics of identical standard cars. No offence, just a bit samey.

I'll second that :thumbup: :clap:

DSC_0019.jpg

Oooo Yeah!

That looks like a bog-standard vRS estate unless I'm very much mistaken :giggle:

Obviously Nick's comments a couple of posts back went unheaded :dull:

Edited by Brimma
  • Like 1

That looks like a bog-standard vRS estate unless I'm very much mistaken :giggle:

Obviously Nick's comments a couple of posts back went unheaded :dull:

Errr - Brembo front calipers and discs - tinted windows.......

Errr - Brembo front calipers and discs - tinted windows.......

My sincere apologies - the calipers weren't abundantly clear in the pic - the white mark could have been a logo, or a passing seagull may have jettisoned it's load :giggle:

How good are the calipers ?

This thread has gone a bit awry. It started as a thread to post tastefully modified cars in (hence the "You are doing it right"), but now it's getting a bit full of pics of identical standard cars. No offence, just a bit samey.

It did? Then I guess the first post (below) is open to a bit of interpretation

I couldn’t find a tread like this so I had to make one.

So here you can post your favorite Skoda Octavia II pictures

There is no bog standard gallery function so people who want to be showing off their pride and joy use this thread. Its hardly an issue that you get photos of new cars here, its either that or you end up with a forum full of "my new car" and "what does this colour look like" threads

It did? Then I guess the first post (below) is open to a bit of interpretation

If you look at the first post though you'll note one thing in common with all the pictures - none are standard :yes:

Pure coincidence ? I doubt it :no:

Brimma - if you are finding this thread is diverting too much off course (and the mods will agree with it)

Perhaps we can get the "stock" photos trimmed out

Brimma - if you are finding this thread is diverting too much off course (and the mods will agree with it)

Perhaps we can get the "stock" photos trimmed out

Doesn't unduly bother me one way or tother, I just happen to agree with Nick's (wega3k) viewpoint on the thread.

"You're doing it right" seems more to do with what people are doing to modify their cars, good or bad, as opposed to a pat on the back just for buying an Octavia.

Maybe it would be useful for the OP to post up what his expectations were ?

• Like 1

Doesn't unduly bother me one way or tother, I just happen to agree with Nick's (wega3k) viewpoint on the thread.

"You're doing it right" seems more to do with what people are doing to modify their cars, good or bad, as opposed to a pat on the back just for buying an Octavia.

Maybe it would be useful for the OP to post up what his expectations were ?

Well I would agree that there was no expectation in the original post, however it was pretty clear that were meant to be modded cars on display, not just the boring stock pictures.

So apologies for posting a plain piccie :)

Well I would agree that there was no expectation in the original post, however it was pretty clear that were meant to be modded cars on display, not just the boring stock pictures.

So apologies for posting a plain piccie :)

No need to apologise :)

My sincere apologies - the calipers weren't abundantly clear in the pic - the white mark could have been a logo, or a passing seagull may have jettisoned it's load :giggle:

How good are the calipers ?

Very good once they have all warmed up nicely! not so good if you forget to warm them when getting off the motorway in the rain after a few hundred miles without using them!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was expecting to see pictures of Octavia tyres as the title is 'Octavia II Picture Tread' so you can imagine my disappointment when all I found were pictures of cars.

:dull: :dull: :dull:

image025.jpg

undercoat Grey
No that's special speed sensitive paint - it randomly changes colour as you go faster.

So when the police come knocking looking for a blue Octavia (allegedly) seen speeding, they find your grey one emoticon-0136-giggle.gif