You are doing it right! The big Skoda Octavia II picture thread!

• 2 weeks later...

New season, new wheels. Always liked the look of the Trinitys, so when I found a set for a decent price, there was no going back.

They have a more narrow track and width than the Canyons, so a less "aggressive" look (if one can say that about a Scout :D), but are better for the handling.

And I do like they way they look on a Mk2.

ScoutaviaTrinity_zpspgrx8jsg.jpg

20170528_091942_zpsavqxjzk8.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2017 at 13:58, skinnyman said:

Seeing as the sun came out I decided to clean the old barge.  It's had two (small) modifications today; debadged at the rear and a new Briskoda sticker in the rear window.  

Now I'm hoping that I'll manage to get to a meet or two over the summer as it's been ages since I last saw a fellow Briskodian.

P1010071_zpsjs0zz3ee.jpg

Off topic but couldn't let the co-incidence go... just traded in a black Suzuki Ignis sport for a race blue Cr170 Vrs octavia estate. Was a cracking little car but at 6'4" I'm finding the skoda a bit more comfy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fabatron said:

Off topic but couldn't let the co-incidence go... just traded in a black Suzuki Ignis sport for a race blue Cr170 Vrs octavia estate. Was a cracking little car but at 6'4" I'm finding the skoda a bit more comfy.

I'm only a tiddler at 6ft so the Ignis isn't too bad for me.  It was my car initially as it replaced my S1 106 Rallye.  I wanted something similar but Japanese and therefore reliable.  When I bought a Vectra VXR a year or so later the Mrs took on the Ignis and I haven't really seen it since!  It's her pride and joy and she's spent quite a lot of time & money making it look like it does today.  I must admit, in terms of fun there's not a lot out there to rival an Ignis but few people have driven one and most people don't get what they are. 

I do love the Suzuki but my daily driver is the Octavia and I must admit I've become used to a slightly softer ride and a better stereo.:D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skinnyman said:

I'm only a tiddler at 6ft so the Ignis isn't too bad for me.  It was my car initially as it replaced my S1 106 Rallye.  I wanted something similar but Japanese and therefore reliable.  When I bought a Vectra VXR a year or so later the Mrs took on the Ignis and I haven't really seen it since!  It's her pride and joy and she's spent quite a lot of time & money making it look like it does today.  I must admit, in terms of fun there's not a lot out there to rival an Ignis but few people have driven one and most people don't get what they are. 

I do love the Suzuki but my daily driver is the Octavia and I must admit I've become used to a slightly softer ride and a better stereo.:D

I've been told that there is always one car you regret selling and I think the Ignis will be mine. I had it 3 years and it was mint inside and out with no mods. It was the daily and on my commute to work (nice twisty roads with little to no traffic) it was so much fun. I have an EP3 Type R and hand on my heart, for handling and fun, the Ignis just edges it as the steering feel is pin sharp with enough acceleration to be a hoot. Anyway back to the thread subject... how much have you dropped your ride height on your Octavia?

10 hours ago, fabatron said:

Anyway back to the thread subject... how much have you dropped your ride height on your Octavia?

I put the Eibach Sportline springs on last summer and they've been great.  I'll probably put a set of Bilstein B4 dampers on soon as the originals must be getting a bit tired after nearly 92K miles.  

Edited by skinnyman
  • Like 1

On 15/06/2017 at 10:13, VrsPoptarts said:

Sweet interior!! What gear knob is that?? And are those the original seats?

It's a BFI DSG gearknob kit with an Alcantara gear gaiter, A pillars are bespoke and made to house my Hertz Mille mid range and tweeters..... trimmed in same alcantara with red stitching 

We got some crazy reflections today after a few hours of cleaning & polishing. Today's modification was a new set of fitted mats.  Not exactly pushing the boundaries of upgrades but it's been an expensive month in terms of kids etc.  

P1010188_zpsfbjlapjo.jpg

• Like 2