vRS FL Delivery Times

Pedd

Got a call taday informing me that my vRS FL has been built and is awaiting transportation to this country. Car was ordered on 15th January 2010 and should be ready for collection in 2 - 3 weeks.By my calculations (I'm on nightshift this week :doh: ) that will be 7 to 8 weeks all in :) . Can't wait, I'm like a wee boy waiting on Santa!

ordered mine 30th of JAN still don't have a build date :'( was originaly told 12 weeks from order to delivery :'( but when I placed my order I was told you can expect it mid march but I am not holding my breath

This is like Top Trumps!

Ordered mine mid Nov, being built this week. And that was pushed back from originally scheduled for last week. The vast variations in build times seem a bit of mystery to me. Though I suppose it could be down to exactly what you've ordered.

This is like Top Trumps!

Ordered mine mid Nov, being built this week. And that was pushed back from originally scheduled for last week. The vast variations in build times seem a bit of mystery to me. Though I suppose it could be down to exactly what you've ordered.

ordered on 6th of jan and told it would be 12 weeks. vrs tfsi magic black, xenons,rear parking sensors,maxidot, spare wheel

Well this could be a test - I ordered 4th Jan with same spec as davydoo ( assuming its a hatch). Mines due to be build next week (week 8).

The build dates are just silly at the moment - my car leasing company are rapidly losing patience with whoever it is they are dealing with. My build (Superb Estate) has been delayed twice and I've been offered early delivery (3-4 weeks) on a loaded Octavia vRS for buttons so I'm thinking about it really, really, hard.

10th November 2009: Deposit paid/order sheet filled out, deal made. Fixed trade in price. Est. delivery: December/January.

15th November 2009: Attempt to change order to add full leather

23rd November 2009: Order sucessfully changed to add full leather. Est. delivery: January.

14th January 2010: Got a build date! Week 4.

18th February 2010: Car built, but not at the dealers yet...

3 months and 8 days, and still counting. :)

I asked about this at the dealer

Apparantly the delays are due to the batches of cars built

Demand is also very high

Personally. Its a real pain waiting, but if Skoda built more and had them sat in dealer compunds like Ford do, then the residuals will plummet!!

I know which I'd rather have.

Mine was ordered the same day as yours Dawson, but arrived at the dealer in the second week in January!!

I was told mid Feb!!

Its been sitting there ever since, waiting for 1st March!!

I ordered mine on 22 Dec 09, est delivery first week of march. spoke to Skoda 2 weeks ago, they said that the car had been built and was awaiting to be shipped from Germany. this Tuesday (16th Feb) I actually rang Skoda UK and gave them my order number (they were very helpful) and they said it had been shipped today (sorry to rant on lol....) 2 days later my dealership rang me to say the car is in the UK and is awaiting transportation.

fingers crossed for the 1st March!!!! :yes:

i odered Octavia VRS TDI DSG 170 in race blue, xeons, front and rear park assist, light assist = CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!!! :'(

If you are impatient like me give Skoda UK a call and like the dealership they can track your order.

Giancarlo

Got a suprise this evening on my answer machine - dealer saying my vRS tfsi estate in met black with full leather, sunset glass, spare wheel, curtain airbags, maxidot, light assist, and silver roof rails is being delivered to them on Friday. This is only 9 weeks from order! I was expecting a 16 week wait after reading experiences on here. Looks like the delivery times are coming down as has been mentioned. Can't wait to get hold of her now.

Edited by scook66

Ordered mine on January 23rd and told build week 11 (w/b 8th March), will have to wait and see.....

don't want to upset you, but week 11 is actually week beginning 15th march, here's hoping you meant week 10. have you been given a build day, as well as week build.

Update on my order, I order mine on the 30/01/2010 so the dealer would have placed the order on 01/02/2010 I now have a delivery date of week 13 that is the last week of March first week of April :o I can't wait to get back in a Octavia vRS the thinking mans hot hatch :thumbup:

Edited by chorsley