New Front and Rear wipers for my Skoda Fabia VRS

W14RRN

Evening all,

I need to purchase some new wiper blades for my VRS. I get discount in Halfords so I would like to purchase them from there.

Does anyone know what part number they are when buying from Halfords? They only seem to be showing normal blades (non aero) for the front.

Cheers

Bosch Fabia (all models 99on) A 533 S, P/N 3397118902

Cheers. Just to double check these are Aero's!? Also is there a number for the rear? I think that's just a normal one.

Thanks for you help

I always found halfords to quote stupid as in £40 for the front aero wipers. You can get them elsewhere for around £30.

I bought some Aero wipers on my trade card a month back for £20 (with the discount). Hoping they will be a similar price.

http://www.eurocarparts.com bosch wiper blades delivered free at slightly cheaper than Halford's trade card prices.

Also I have had difficulty finding a rear one myself to date. The halford's book seems to be inaccurate too which isn't a help.

Edited by anewman

comes out at £20.99 on trade by the looks of things, mite get some i like the aero blades

This is where I buy mine... http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/SKODA-c-836/

They come in at £26 for the pair delivered and with free pair of sidelight bulbs/leds.

I've used this company a few times and always found their service good.

Last time I bought a rear one from skoda it was under 4 quid.

Skoda part number 6Y0 955 425

Hope to help.

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/skoda-fabia-2004-wiper-blades/?Make=105&Model=1391&Mark=526&Year=2004&SearchAlive=1&Class=ncv&c=&Ref=prod

Aeroblades that come in at £12.05 a pair. Running them on my vrs with no problems at all.

These are the Bosch ones you want from there. Bosch AR533S Aerotwin Flat Wiperblades - wiperblades.co.uk :thumbup:

As mentioned above the rear one is a dealer only job, i'm afraid, :( unless you get a VW Polo aero one from a scrappy.

Edited by Jim H

These are the Bosch ones you want from there. Bosch AR533S Aerotwin Flat Wiperblades - wiperblades.co.uk :thumbup:

As mentioned above the rear one is a dealer only job, i'm afraid, :( unless you get a VW Polo aero one from a scrappy.

Cheers. I'll just go with them. Halfords are useless. Basically saying they don't stock any aero wipers for a Fabia VRS!

All right - I'm going to make a fool of myself - need new wipers but I've never replaced wipers before (I've always replaced the car first!) - take it it's easy to remove the old ones and attach the new ones?

All right - I'm going to make a fool of myself - need new wipers but I've never replaced wipers before (I've always replaced the car first!) - take it it's easy to remove the old ones and attach the new ones?

The rear has four small clips that the wiper pops out of. Not sure about the front though. I would of thought it would be a similar clip

A blind one armed chimp with learning difficulties could fit bosch retro fit aeros.

They can only really go on one way. As long as they are each on the correct side of the car

its fairly impossible to balls it up.

Just to try, I bought some cheapo generic versions of the bosch product, by ABD I think...

They were like a bleeding chinese puzzle, I've fitted many many wiper blades over the years

perfectly easily. I had to force these poxy things on and after only a couple of weeks Mrs Grr

reported they were juddering about like a hyperactive child who had just eaten an entire box of

sugar puffs.I managed to break one of the clips when fitting them. Never again. Check out my link above

to see the bosch ones. If you work it out they are cheaper than the other link on here for them

as you don't pay for the postage.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just bought a new set of blades from a stealer - the wee 'arm' thing that the blades attach to doesn't seem to go as far in as on the old ones (Bosch) - don't want to push it too far in case I break the plastic but is this right?

Why not buy new blades from a Skoda dealer - you know they're going to be the correct fit then - and from my experience they're excellent quality.

I've not replaced mine yet - the car's 5.5 years old and has done 62,000 miles - that's pretty good for wiper blades...

Why not buy new blades from a Skoda dealer - you know they're going to be the correct fit then - and from my experience they're excellent quality.

I've not replaced mine yet - the car's 5.5 years old and has done 62,000 miles - that's pretty good for wiper blades...

;) stealer = dealer - that's exactly what I did do - cheers :thumbup: .