Rover 75 Coupe

ADMotorsport

Just spotted on the TopGear site. I like it as well. A perfect successor to the 800 Coupe of old. How likely do you think they are to build it? Have they got any cash left I wonder??

Steve

I drove a 75 last saturday for the 1st time...dunno which engine size it was, but after high expectations I was sadly dissapointed. Bloody shed..horrible.

The 75 is a big heavy car, it needs the 2.5V6 for decent performance. Sadly a lot are stuck with a wheezy 115bhp 1.8 which is far too small for the car and totally out of charachter for the softly sprung limo ride.

As long as you don't expect the last word in handling the 75 does exactly what it says on the tin. If you want the handling and not the last word in comfort then get the MGZT.

You pays your money and picks your car etc. etc.

I like the 75/ZT, they are well built, well designed and are a cut above the Mondeo/Vectra mainstream for similar money.

Just need to avoid the lower powered engines.

Now MGR have

A friend of mine works for Cosworth Technology which have been doing some work for MGRover , and they had one of these 75 coupes on site last week so he got to have a nose at it.

He said it seemed pretty good in the flesh but did look very large. Not sure how likely it is to be made , but I hope they do. I'll see if I can find any more info out about it

I wouldn't want to invest my money into anything Rover, as they are a dying breed (Shame) now the Chinese look like they have bought them, its gonna be the end...

AFAIK, the Chinese haven't bought MGRover - they've entered into a deal with them to start a new company which will build cars in China. MGRover own 30%, with the rest of the stake being owned by the Chinese.

First off the deal with the Chinese company (state owned, btw)

They way I read the article, in essence, the chinese actually come to own 70%+ of Rover, as that's the only way Rover can stay in business and get new models developed, as they currently don't actually have any money to do so.

2nd - Anyone else think the 75 coupe has more than a slight touch of the Volvo C70 in it's lines, especially from the B-pillar back?

SIAC have not bought a 70% share of MGR. A new company will be created, MGR will provide the current technology, current platforms and development skills, SIAC will provide upto

nitrous is not standard but have heard it is an option. there are 2 models, the SV and SVR i think, i think its a choice between 4.5 or 5 litres and around 400 bhp ish on the top model, can't be sure on these figures now as its a couple months since i browsed the brosure(SP)