build week

Thats very good. I ordered the day before you and still have around 4-5 weeks to delivery.

I really feel for you! :o

Having been without any wheels at all for more than a month I've been desperate for the car.

Hope yours arrives sooner than expected. :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those waiting for a week 23 build, my week 23 car is sitting at Emden awaiting shipping. Skoda have advised it should be in the uk by the end of next week

Great news, mine is week 23 too and I've been told it will arrive 24th-ish so that matches up. Hopefully won't be long after that when I can pick it up.

My first post, after reading the forums for some time and watching the news of build dates...

Anyway, I'm a little frustrated and wondering if anyone can shed any light.

I ordered an Octavia Estate 4x4 with minimal extras (metallic paint & spare wheel) from a main dealer back in March. I've been told repeatedly that delivery should be June, or July at the latest (12-16 weeks). In fact, the date they had was 22nd June.

It all went quiet so I put a call out to the dealer earlier this week, and got called today to say there's going to be a big delay, and I shouldnt now expect delivery until September at the earliest!

This seems an utterly ridiculous delay, and I'm so close to just binning the order; although if I bought a different marque, I'd be looking at commencing a 12 week wait from now until build, so perhaps pointless.

I got told the delay is because Skoda factory has stopped building the 2010 Octavia model (the model I actually ordered) and are now only building 2011 models (I think not much difference except for the move to Common Rail engine). They will honour the price quoted as per original order, but it means that all cars are now significantly delayed.

This is really confusing me, as I've read elsewhere on the forum that some people ordered Scouts in April and are getting them this week, or week after. So why is the 4x4 so delayed?

I'm not sure what to do. Am I being fobbed off with excuses? Is this actually true? Are they in breach of any contract to supply my car within X weeks or to supply the 2010 model? Should I just not give them my custom and buy something else? I've been considering a Passat Estate, but they don't seem to have 4x4 which I need...

Any advice would be welcomed!

My first post, after reading the forums for some time and watching the news of build dates...

Anyway, I'm a little frustrated and wondering if anyone can shed any light.

I ordered an Octavia Estate 4x4 with minimal extras (metallic paint & spare wheel) from a main dealer back in March. I've been told repeatedly that delivery should be June, or July at the latest (12-16 weeks). In fact, the date they had was 22nd June.

It all went quiet so I put a call out to the dealer earlier this week, and got called today to say there's going to be a big delay, and I shouldnt now expect delivery until September at the earliest!

This seems an utterly ridiculous delay, and I'm so close to just binning the order; although if I bought a different marque, I'd be looking at commencing a 12 week wait from now until build, so perhaps pointless.

I got told the delay is because Skoda factory has stopped building the 2010 Octavia model (the model I actually ordered) and are now only building 2011 models (I think not much difference except for the move to Common Rail engine). They will honour the price quoted as per original order, but it means that all cars are now significantly delayed.

This is really confusing me, as I've read elsewhere on the forum that some people ordered Scouts in April and are getting them this week, or week after. So why is the 4x4 so delayed?

I'm not sure what to do. Am I being fobbed off with excuses? Is this actually true? Are they in breach of any contract to supply my car within X weeks or to supply the 2010 model? Should I just not give them my custom and buy something else? I've been considering a Passat Estate, but they don't seem to have 4x4 which I need...

Any advice would be welcomed!

That seems really odd to me. If you ordered before MY11 then I would have thought you place in the 'Q' would not have changed and you would have just recieved a MY11 car ?

As for dates I was expecting week 31 build and September delivery which has been changed to week 25 build and delivery in about 4-5 weeks. I ordered April 25th.

I just cant seem to make any sense out of why some orders are taking longer. Could it be your engine choice ?

Edited by Nick_H

NIck - nothing wierd about the engine choice either... It's just the 2.0 litre 140 bhp diesel...

The only thing different to majority of cars is the 4x4, but then that's also in the Scouts which seem to be being delivered on time.

dj,

they have 21 days from the estimated delivery date to give you the car you ordered.

if they haven't, you can write to them giving them 7 further days.

at that point, if they still can't give you the car, you can cancel and get your deposit back..........

H

Call me suspicious, but what's to stop a stealer reselling an ordered car? For example, customer A orders a car with 12 week delivery. 6 weeks later, the stealer sells to customer B who insists on quick delivery, telling customer A order has been delayed and is now due in 12 weeks (again!).

dj,

they have 21 days from the estimated delivery date to give you the car you ordered.

if they haven't, you can write to them giving them 7 further days.

at that point, if they still can't give you the car, you can cancel and get your deposit back..........

H

Thats all well and good if they give you a delivery date.

I ordered my Elegance Estate towards the end of april (sometime between 15th and 25th if I recall) and, as per a lot of people, heard nothing from the delership. I phoned them and phoned them and was constntly told that the vehicle had not even been put onto the production schedule, but I could expect delivery sometime in July.

I know that they cannot state a vehicle will be delieverd on such a date so precisely, but to gurantee delivery in the middle of a month when the car has not been scheduled? And to not even chase up why it has not been scheduled?

So I phoned Skoda UK and managed to get an estimated build week of week 25 (next Monday) and a delivery date of "sometime around the middle of July"

1 month from build to delivery seems OK to me, but the major lack of communication from the dealer seems to be a common theme.. I could understand it from a 2nd hand car lot, but these are brand new, expensive cars. You'd think they'd look after their customers.

I have friends who have other cars in the VAG fleet (Audi, VW, Seat) and they all experience excellent customer service and aftercare from their dealership - in fact one of them has recently had an expensive part replaced gratis, even though the car is out of warranty simply because he has a full service history from the dealership. Now that's service for you.

This is my first Skoda and all i can say is - the car had better be flawless.

Call me suspicious, but what's to stop a stealer reselling an ordered car? For example, customer A orders a car with 12 week delivery. 6 weeks later, the stealer sells to customer B who insists on quick delivery, telling customer A order has been delayed and is now due in 12 weeks (again!).

Erm - the contract you signed?!

Think about this scenario for a minute: -

I order a car worth, say, £22k and sign-up to a 12-week estimated delivery date and pay £1000 deposit (for example);

Someone else comes in 6 weeks later and says "I want that (same spec) car sooner than 12 weeks please Mr Dealer and am prepared to pay slightly more than normal to get it", he says "I can get you one in 6 weeks";

Mr Dealer tells me "Sorry, that car you ordered will now be another 12 weeks, not 6";

I say "Deposit back please and order cancelled, cos I'm going elsewhere as you can't meet the terms of our contract anymore".

Mr Dealer has just lost out on my sale, but got the other one - however, he could potentially have had both if he'd either convinced the second person to wait a bit (on the basis that no dealer could provide the car quicker than 12 weeks), or maybe tried to sell him a stock order with some of the options retro-fitted.

Or am I wrong?

You mean if Customer B pays cash?

VIN numbers will be assigned to orders once they are built, and orders will be in a specific name - so unless the dealership can swap the VINs on the orders, I can't see how this would be easily accomplished (although not impossible) as the proverbial paper trail would be inaccurate.

If it is possible to override the system and swap VIN's then, I can't see anything stopping them from doing this. Although I'd suspect this can only be done by Skoda, so the dealer had better have a damn good excuse as to why the name is being changed on an order.

Besides, erasing the VIN from the order would be only one thing you'd have to do.. You'd also have to remove things like QC records, Costs, etc.. and make it so the car had not been built at all - then resubmit it. Which I think would be beyond the dealerships ability.

When I was looking for a stock skoda in their system, I could only find one which was in Glasgow, but it was assigned to another customer.. So on the stock vehicles, it's first come, first served. I even offered to pay extra for it..

Edited by HotRod

Erm - the contract you signed?!

Think about this scenario for a minute: -

I order a car worth, say, £22k and sign-up to a 12-week estimated delivery date and pay £1000 deposit (for example);

Someone else comes in 6 weeks later and says "I want that (same spec) car sooner than 12 weeks please Mr Dealer and am prepared to pay slightly more than normal to get it", he says "I can get you one in 6 weeks";

Mr Dealer tells me "Sorry, that car you ordered will now be another 12 weeks, not 6";

I say "Deposit back please and order cancelled, cos I'm going elsewhere as you can't meet the terms of our contract anymore".

Mr Dealer has just lost out on my sale, but got the other one - however, he could potentially have had both if he'd either convinced the second person to wait a bit (on the basis that no dealer could provide the car quicker than 12 weeks), or maybe tried to sell him a stock order with some of the options retro-fitted.

Or am I wrong?

If your 12 week order has already been built (or at least has a VIN assigned to it), then I'm sure you can track it through Skoda.

Besides - ringing them after 6 weeks and them saying "it's sat at Endon", then after 11 weeks (which is the week before delivery) and Skoda saying "it's not been built yet", would look a little suspicious to me :dull:

Besides - ringing them after 6 weeks and them saying "it's sat at Endon", then after 11 weeks (which is the week before delivery) and Skoda saying "it's not been built yet", would look a little suspicious to me :dull:

LOL! Yes, there is that.

But with most of them, it's about 8 weeks before it's even built, so after 6 you'd still only have a build week.

All,

Ordered my new VRS CR last week and been given an ETA of the 15/09.

Pearl Black 11 VRS Estate

Extras

Elec Sunroof, Sunset and silver rails. Rest is standard though been told they don't do the full size spare anymore?

Hopefully this date will not slip.

Kind Rgs

Bobby

i'm getting p****d off, i ordered Black one on 17th May (stealer said was putting my name on one ordered fro stock 4 weeks before) should be 12 weeks, phoned stealer last week was told build week is week 31 so expect delivery mid sept. Only extra ordered are rear parking assist , am now getting annoyed especially as i could walk into different dealer and drive a stock race blue one away in a week.

Whereas I ordered my Scout on March 31st, and have been given build week31. With delivery etc that's almost 6 months!!! :(

I know I keep on about it but how can that be ? My Scout ordered on 25th April to be delivered mid July ?

Do the Dealers have some say in it ?

i'm getting p****d off, i ordered Black one on 17th May (stealer said was putting my name on one ordered fro stock 4 weeks before) should be 12 weeks, phoned stealer last week was told build week is week 31 so expect delivery mid sept. Only extra ordered are rear parking assist , am now getting annoyed especially as i could walk into different dealer and drive a stock race blue one away in a week.

I ordered my vRS in white with leather option on 3rd may. Got build week of 26.

I know I keep on about it but how can that be ? My Scout ordered on 25th April to be delivered mid July ?

Do the Dealers have some say in it ?

What else can I do, but tell the Stealers that I'm ****ed off with how long it takes, when all said and done I want a new Scout :S

I also ordered 4x4 Est. with some extras (pearl paint, f/s spare, maxi-dot, curtain bags, towbar prep, mats) on 18 May (build week 20) and have been told by dealer that Skoda say car due for build week 41!

21 weeks from order to build and approx 24 weeks from order to delivery! :o

Now another thread here claims that build week 43 will see the introduction of improved soundproofing; so not only an extraordinarily long wait for the car but 'just' missing out on a major improvement to the model. :(

I also ordered 4x4 Est. with some extras (pearl paint, f/s spare, maxi-dot, curtain bags, towbar prep, mats) on 18 May (build week 20) and have been told by dealer that Skoda say car due for build week 41!

21 weeks from order to build and approx 24 weeks from order to delivery! :o

Now another thread here claims that build week 43 will see the introduction of improved soundproofing; so not only an extraordinarily long wait for the car but 'just' missing out on a major improvement to the model. :(

When I ordered my L&K on the 5th of May, I knew about week 22 changes, so I told the dealer that I did not want my car built until after then !!

Why not go back to the dealer, and tell tehm that if you do have to wait that long, then you are happy to wait another two weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm - been told week 40 build date now for my 4x4 estate (ordered 31st March), due to changes "I'd made" to the order. On questioning, dealer said they were changes they'd had to make, and not ones I'd requested.

Confused....

Hmmm - been told week 40 build date now for my 4x4 estate (ordered 31st March), due to changes "I'd made" to the order. On questioning, dealer said they were changes they'd had to make, and not ones I'd requested.

Confused....

This sounds like total bo$$ocks to me ... So what did the Deealer say when you asked them what EXACTLY changes they had to make to your order ! ?

This sounds like total bo$$ocks to me ... So what did the Deealer say when you asked them what EXACTLY changes they had to make to your order ! ?

Am going to phone him back today and find out. I should have asked yesterday...