Hung Parliment does anyone think Mr Brown will resign

justinbarrow

As we all know parliment is hung and in a bit of a mess, Nick Clegg says he wont do deals with Gordon Brown but will do with whoever takes over from him but then he says today its only fair to listen to the party that got the most votes (the tories) Which made me think do you think Brown will go or stay.

Then there is talk that we could be going back to the polls by the end of the year as thousands of people have complained that they could not vote last night as polling stations were so busy so then putting across the case that the figures could of been much different if the thousands who could not vote could of voted.

It seems a right mess even if the conservatives are able to form a goverment they are going to have to back down on some of their policies to please Mr Clegg and get his backing, but then could Labour do a back door deal with the others and Mr Clegg to stay in power.

It would of been a lot easier if there was no majority needed as then the Conservatives would be the clear winner without any of this b+l)ks going on. Then if its not all sorted by the 25th may when the queen does her speech then she has to step in and take over.

What does everyone else think will happen. I am not a fan of the conservatives but do feel it is unfair for them as they did get the most seats.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer it if Gordon Brown was dead, personally...

But yeah, Conservatives have won, why not let him do it?

...that the figures could of been much different if the thousands who could not vote could of voted.

the figures could also have been very different if all those who couldn't be bothered voting actually had done.

Or those who were turned away, unable to vote....

But surely everyone knows what times the shops shut ?

They probably thought "We'll just watch Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Eatenders before we go out to vote"

Priorities eh ?

But surely everyone knows what times the shops shut ?

They probably thought "We'll just watch Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Eatenders before we go out to vote"

Priorities eh ?

I thought the same to start with but apparently some people queued for several hours and still never got in.

How will GB leave?

Just imagine it's him not the bear.

Edited by Aspman

I thought the same to start with but apparently some people queued for several hours and still never got in.

Maybe next time the General Election should be advertised as a Harrods or Next sale, or latest offers at Aldi or something - that way people will be queueing the night before to get in as soon as the doors open :thumbup:

Wouldn't be the first time politics had got involved in a dishonest scam :rofl:

the conservatives have the most votes,logic says they won, quite how that leaves gordon in power, who knows, shows what a farce this country is,

the people complaining about tnot being allowed to vote cos they were too late, they had 15 hours to do it in, shouldnt of left it till the end really!

If Gordon stay I vote for a civil war and turning the country over to the Monarchy, sure Madge could do a lot better job, a lot cheaper, than all the lackies that get paid out of the public purse atm for arguing amongst themselves. Failing that I have started looking at properties in France ready for retirement, just have to move it forward B)

Trust the UK to mess it all up.

According to this article -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/election/article-1274198/GENERAL-ELECTION-2010-A-laughing-stock-eyes-world.html

It was another fine mess created by the Labour party

"Before 1997 the British electoral system, in the hands of local returning officers, functioned smoothly.

But, with its instincts for bureaucratic tinkering and central control, Labour chose to change the system and hand oversight of the job to a new quango, the Electoral Commission.

The result, inevitably, has been widespread confusion and inefficiency leading to the humiliating scenes last night".

Another fine mess you got us into Gordon ? ---wonder if it would have been hushed up it it had been a landslide for Brown and cronies ?

Just heard on radio 1 Gordon was speaking saying that if the Conservatives and Lib Dems can do a deal then its for the best intrests of the country he went on saying that at the moment he is prime minister and is just seeing what happens next but said there is still time for labour to possibly do a deal with the Lib Dems.

Whatever happens non of the parties will be able to do everything they said as they now have to sacrifice some of their pledges to get backing to be able to form a working goverment, what a farce and then we will still have to go to the polls again soon as we cant have a coalition goverment running the country until the next general election is due.

So if the conservatives to a deal with Nick Clegg I think Gorden will stand down and then labour will have to find a new inspirational leader in time for the next election which some are saying will be towards the end of the year.

Guys, I'll do it.

I'll turf Brown out of Number 10, so the next person can take over.

Armed Police don't scare me - I'm from The Port™ :ph34r:

Or those who were turned away, unable to vote....

Totally irrelevant; the Representation of the People Act is, as usual, quite clear in the matter. It lays down times at which the first and last ballot papers can be issued for each type of election, and if you don't have a ballot paper in your hand then the polls close, tough. In this case, you've had 15 hours to go and vote in; it's not actually necessary to wait until after dinner before voting.

the conservatives have the most votes,logic says they won, quite how that leaves gordon in power, who knows, shows what a farce this country is,

the people complaining about tnot being allowed to vote cos they were too late, they had 15 hours to do it in, shouldnt of left it till the end really!

Brown still has power at the moment because no other party has been able to remove the Labour Government out right, so it's the incumbent PM that has the right to stay on as long as he has the backing of parliament.

Ben

Totally irrelevant; the Representation of the People Act is, as usual, quite clear in the matter. It lays down times at which the first and last ballot papers can be issued for each type of election, and if you don't have a ballot paper in your hand then the polls close, tough. In this case, you've had 15 hours to go and vote in; it's not actually necessary to wait until after dinner before voting.

Exactly right, tough luck if you didn't get there in time, I went in plenty of time to vote.....

Ben

So why didn't they do what some stations did which was bring the queue in, lock the door and issue papers so they could all vote.

The paper has to be issued not cast.

In london, I find it interesting as most people turning up late will be working people as they would not have been able to get to vote before 7pm at the earliest due to working hours.

These lot ended up queueing and not being able to vote, so it does hint of a bit of a stitch up as the local council tenants will all have been able to vote by spending all day there.

^^ Plus the possibility to vote by post or by proxy if you knew that getting to the poll on election day could be difficult.

Postal voting is broken and is possibly allowing fraud. Lots of 2 and 3 bed houses in Tower Hamlets, which have 12 adults registered to vote there and also they have an election for their own mayor, even though they are in London.

Guess what "minority" is predominant there and who they voted for.

... Labour chose to change the system and hand oversight of the job to a new quango, the Electoral Commission.

Maybe. However, The Electoral Commission is there to:

• register political parties
  • make sure people understand and follow the rules on party and election finance
  • publish details of where parties and candidates get money from and how they spend it
  • set the standards for running elections and report on how well this is done
  • make sure people understand it is important to register to vote, and know how to vote

The actual process of running the election is STILL down to the independent local returning officers, who don't answer to either the Government or the Electoral Commission (EC). The EC may well "set the standards" but they have no actual control over the running of the Polling Stations on the day.

Ray

Edited by Argee