Stage 2 Fab vs Corsa VXR

Stage 3 is hybrid surely?

I thought this was the stage of power...

Stage 1 is generic remap? Approx 170 bhp 280 lb/ft

Stage 2 is custom remap with exhaust, air filter etc? Approx 180 bhp 310 lb/ft

Stage 3 is clutch, flywheel, bigger turbo, custom map to suit mods and turbo? Approx 215 bhp 340 lb/ft

My fabia runs 178.13p and 346.43lb/ft with a shark stage 1, milltek cat back, k&n panel and 160 intake. So I'd say your stage 3 is more like stage 2.

I would expect the fabia to edge it slightly, but wouldn't be much in it. How much does the VXR weigh? Its 195bhp from memory.

i got a corsa vxr fully forged astra lump gt30 you know the drill 460bhp but as standard they weigh 1250kg 192bhp 

thevxr_zpsc6fc9747.jpg

Edited by steveopc
  • Like 1

So how does a Remapped Vrs compare to a Civic type R?

IBTL

up to 110mph the ferby does pull away after that the civic will pull past im running 220bhp though

Edited by steveopc

400+bhp in a front wheel drive hatchback sounds interesting, from a getting the power down perspective.

Unless it's all at the top end, which means you can drive around without touching it most of the time.

Would be good to see a graph for it.

• Like 1

I used to own a Corsa VXR Nurburg before swapping to the Fabia vRS. They are rappid little things and not that far off the Mk1 Astra VXR untill you get close to tripple figures.

Standard vs Standard there would be no contest, the Corsa VXR would ruin the vRS on handling, off the line, mid-range and top end.

Standard vs modified... is that really a fair comparison?
How much does it cost to take the Fabia to stage 2?
Put the same money into tuning the Corsa and thats where my money would be.

Power to weight also plays a factor. 100KG weight difference is like having a passenger and a suitcase in your boot.