Maidstone Meet August 2010 ***AMENDMENT***

lfc958

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barry

As Organiser of this regular event i would like to thank you for giving up your free time to do what is in effect 'work'.

Chris might have already explained, that this meet is more of a social event & not a stand round car / tyre kicking evening with a pint in hand, our regulars are responsible drivers, and hopefully you will see who the drivers are as they are the ones with 'soft' drinks, but it is always good to lay down ground rules.

I hope you have an enjoyable evening, and to help you identify our group, I will wait by my current car a Red Fiat 500 for your arrival at which point we can meet the group who arrive.

Steve can your dealer bring his along as well?This would allow people to go further than the Springfield roundabout and back and also will mean people are not disappointed?? Oh and yes I will be on the Cokes!

Just a thought but big thanks to Barry for taking the time out to bring te car down, appreciate it!

Edited by Matt Bodycombe

Thanks for all that info Barry.

look forward to seeing you on saterday. the newby has really intresed me and do have a few questions on it would be nice to clear up on the day

if thats allright with you :thumbup:

yes of course i look forward to your questions.

Hi Barry

As Organiser of this regular event i would like to thank you for giving up your free time to do what is in effect 'work'.

Chris might have already explained, that this meet is more of a social event & not a stand round car / tyre kicking evening with a pint in hand, our regulars are responsible drivers, and hopefully you will see who the drivers are as they are the ones with 'soft' drinks, but it is always good to lay down ground rules.

I hope you have an enjoyable evening, and to help you identify our group, I will wait by my current car a Red Fiat 500 for your arrival at which point we can meet the group who arrive.

Yeah i hate to sound boring about driving the car but seeing as we wont get another demo for a while im sure you can appreciate the care that needs to be taken. i Shall look out for you when i arrive

First things first, many thanks to Barry for the test drive and for giving up his Saturday evening to show the car at the meet. I am very unlikely to be attending this one, have fun folks.

I have to say, the new vRS is a very competent and impressive thing. It is a really good drive and I am thinking about using one to teach auto lessons. It will likely to be used more by me than my pupils if I get one.

DON'T FORGET FOLKS: if you are test driving, make sure you send your screen name and full name to Barry via PM and arrive with both parts of your license and a photocopy for his records.

Chris

Edited by Chris GB

Barry

Hope you have an enjoyable meet on saturday, would love to see the car but unfortunately have a prior appointment in the South of France, Just to echo Chris and Steve's comments, thanks for taking the time to do this, without doubt greatly appreciated by all at the White Rabbit meet. You will find that they are a great bunch of people bought together through dedication to the Skoda brand.

Look forward to seeing some photo's on the site I'll take laptop and find a Macdonalds to view some posted images.

Have a good one.

See you all in september

Did someone say they wanted a ride in a Mk1?

I will be there with a unmapped Mk1, but it does have coilovers on so wont get 100% what the std one is like.

But i am more than happy to take whoever out.

Cheers for the info Steve... On the same subject and may be a silly question, but what about insurance? Will the dealer's insurance be covering the test drives like a normal dealer test drive would?

Thanks!

Yes.

Chris

Hi All

Just a quick reminder with regards to bringing the vRS to Maidstone on Saturday.(dont panic im still coming)

The graphics are being applied today so may not be in their entirity i.e. not all sponsor logos will be on the car. However it will look, with exception to the hugely wide wheel arches, like the rallye car as much as can be expected. I have seen the graphics come of the press and they look the business.

I currently only have Matt Bodycombe confirmed to me to drive the car i have 4 spots left with a reserve space also up for grabs im sure you all know who you are but can you please confirm to me your name.

Once again i look forward to meeting you all.

Barry Sippitt

Sales Exec

Hayes Garage-Clacton.

P.S. can i confirm that the White Rabbit is on Sandling Road.(it is according to Google Map, but can not access street view for sum silly reason) Cheers Guys.

Hi All

Just a quick reminder with regards to bringing the vRS to Maidstone on Saturday.(dont panic im still coming)

The graphics are being applied today so may not be in their entirity i.e. not all sponsor logos will be on the car. However it will look, with exception to the hugely wide wheel arches, like the rallye car as much as can be expected. I have seen the graphics come of the press and they look the business.

I currently only have Matt Bodycombe confirmed to me to drive the car i have 4 spots left with a reserve space also up for grabs im sure you all know who you are but can you please confirm to me your name.

Once again i look forward to meeting you all.

Barry Sippitt

Sales Exec

Hayes Garage-Clacton.

P.S. can i confirm that the White Rabbit is on Sandling Road.(it is according to Google Map, but can not access street view for sum silly reason) Cheers Guys.

Hi Barry, I have re re confirmed by interest in the test drive to you by PM (name down on the original list plus PM confirmation to the event organiser) hopefully that will be ok?

Should be a good evening for everybody as usual!

Thanks for bringing the car down for us. It sounds like it's a stunner!

You can see the pub as you come down the dual carriage way into Maidstone, once you've crossed the M20 it's on the second roundabout & has its own filter lane, just keep turning left & you'll end up in their car park. :thumbup:

Barry,

Im sure lfc958 will be dropping you a PM today with the list of people. he will be able to give you conformation of the location too (he is the event organiser)

Again thank you for this opportunity!

Hi ya sorry if i have confused any one.

I was not aware of an original list i will wait for that to be sent my way.

See you all tomorrow.

The original list is on page 2 of this post Barry, (just click on the 2 in the box on the top left side of the page) :thumbup: thanks. Simon Philpott