Question for 007P owners

Fitted my 007P from Awesome last night after selling my Split-R, no fault codes yet and no boost leaks as far as I can see but on the way to work this morning I noticed it makes an annoying metallic pinging noise if you come off the throttle at high boost. Is this normal? :S

Fitted my 007P from Awesome last night after selling my Split-R, no fault codes yet and no boost leaks as far as I can see but on the way to work this morning I noticed it makes an annoying metallic pinging noise if you come off the throttle at high boost. Is this normal? :S

My one does exactly the same. You should hear it with a CAI.

I'm wondering if it's coz its a new design. Some of you guys like Dave have had them for years but the one I got is an Awesome branded one (though made by Forge) and I think they only started producing those earlier this year. It sounds like the piston is hitting something inside the valve when it releases (maybe it just needs more grease :yes: )

The grease is coloured red to show its compatible with rubber seals, which is a "world wide" industry standard.

My 007P is no more noisey than the OEM DV.

Bill.

I have had mine about 2 months and it doesn’t make a ping just the normal dump valve sound. As mentioned above its easier to hear with the window shut.

Mine was from AmD, it has Forge and AmD on it, when I bought it they did say that they had only just started getting them in with their logo on. I didn't get any lube with mine though??

I think mine's got the yellow spring. When it was first fitted it was a bit abrupt in its action, for example when you shut the throttle you would get a slight surge before it vented. After a few thousand miles it has settled in and is very smooth in its operation. Haven't ever heard the noise you're referring to, all I get is a 'psst' noise which is pretty quiet even with the PiperX panel fitted.

You know what, I think it might be fitted the wrong way round :D

Just looked at a thread about it on SCN

I didn't bother to look on the fitting instructions on the Forge site just fitted it the same way as my Split-R was fitted. Looks like that's wrong, and it has to go the same way as the OEM valve :)

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

You know what, I think it might be fitted the wrong way round :D

Sorry but .....................

parkingfail.jpg

That noise is awful lol, I tried mine the other way round once, I didn't even make it out of the street, I went back to the drive and switched round :giggle:

I've had the annoying 'ping' noise for years now, tbh i'm used to it now. My car has a few running issues tho so i've always put it down to this.

When i first got my forge i had read that it can be fitted either way round, but there was some sort of benifit to having backwards (i can't remember what it is now tho) so i fitted it backwards. Sure enough after reading this i've just been outside and swapped mine around and it no longer 'PINGS'. I can't believe i never thought of it before.

I'm curious to know how many people have the same issue?

Shaun

:rofl: :rofl:

FAIL

If I'd seen this thread earlier I would have suggested that It was fitted the wrong way round :D .

There was a stage a year or two ago where folks were swapping them the wrong way round, so I gave It a go. TBH I thought the car didn't seem to run as well & I swapped It back to how It should be.

If I'd seen this thread earlier I would have suggested that It was fitted the wrong way round :D .

There was a stage a year or two ago where folks were swapping them the wrong way round, so I gave It a go. TBH I thought the car didn't seem to run as well & I swapped It back to how It should be.

+1 :thumbup:

I also fitted mine in reverse a year back and that noise was awful.