Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta!

devonutopia

is a damn good tyre!

That is all! New set on the front of the mongrel now and even though I've barely worn off the bristles I can feel this is going to be a good tyre! Will enjoy scrubbing it in and seeing what it's like! :thumbup:

Just the price puts me off going toward the PS3 league. The VUSs were about the same price this time as T1R toyos so elected to give them a shot after reading some good reviews on

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

and in my case particularly how VUS http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm rated against T1R http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/T1R.htm

Agree there.

I used to have them until PS3 came out. Which are leagues ahead of the Vreds IMHO. But the Vred is still a damn good tyre

I thought Ps3 was a playstation! :giggle: . No better tyre for £100 :thumbup: <and Ps3 taking the **** at £190 each/ 225 40 18 :thumbdown:>

Edited by bluvrs2

I thought Ps3 was a playstation! :giggle: . No better tyre for £100 :thumbup: <and Ps3 taking the **** at £190 each/ 225 40 18 :thumbdown:>

Only £127.70 inc VAT at Camskill - at that price they are worth thinking about, although they'd have to do a lot more miles than the Vreds to make them better value

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m61b0s134p57996

I thought about the ps3 and kwikfit offered them at £130 each (on the website) which wasnt bad but i decided to stick a pair of ditch finders on(£60) and try them - holy **** they scare me in the wet but you pay what you get :doh:

I'll just wait and replace them with something better when i have to.

Not sure where you are getting those prices but camskill sell the PS3's in that size for £127 each, so £190 sounds like you are being had.

I am not being had as I have got Vreds for £100 a corner , were those prices fitted?

I put a full set (18") of VUS on my Octavia vRS in November 2009 i have done 12k on them and have a good 8-10k left on the fronts. I bought the set for £360 all in, then just £10 a corner to fit, Total £400, not bad. I am very happ with them, i will buy again. Oh yea, i bought them from Camskil.

I put a full set (18") of VUS on my Octavia vRS in November 2009 i have done 12k on them and have a good 8-10k left on the fronts. I bought the set for £360 all in, then just £10 a corner to fit, Total £400, not bad. I am very happ with them, i will buy again. Oh yea, i bought them from Camskil.

I had less luck. Mine lasted 12k on the front. Great tyres but I was a bit dissapointed in the wear rate. Still good value for money though as 12k at the price I got them for wasn't too shabby.

Gotta love the Vreds. They don't have grip once they're scrubbed in. Dan The V8 "I've got a racing license and will make you cry like a girl" Man was impressed with them on my car B)

Can't decide what to get next. PS3s on the next Costco -20% for 4, Ultrac Sessantas again or Ultrac Centos.

Gotta love the Vreds. They don't have grip once they're scrubbed in. Dan The V8 "I've got a racing license and will make you cry like a girl" Man was impressed with them on my car B)

Can't decide what to get next. PS3s on the next Costco -20% for 4, Ultrac Sessantas again or Ultrac Centos.

PS3 all the way. You will be impressed. Same if not slightly better grip in the dry. But in the wet they are leagues ahead :thumbup:

Vreds did well for me in the wet today. I had mildly more confidence in them than the T1R, but is still early days for a proper comparison.

the T1Rs are the worst tyres ive ever used.

less grip than the std michelin pilot exaltos i had on before. took ages to scrub in before i got any decent grip. So much so, that i had my alignment checked at 3 places thinking i had an issue,

the vreds after only 50 miles were providing better grip than the toyos did after 400 miles. the only good thing i found is they cleared standing water very well