My new RS

HI guys

I just wanted to know what you guys feel.

Here we have it only in 150hp.

Rgds' date='

Peter[/quote']

Why do car companies do this kind of thing? The only difference between the 180 and 150 bhp 1.8T is software, so why the hell do they do it, I can not see the 180 bhp costing them anymore to make.

i guess they run different suspension too... it sits a lot higher than a euro spec one...

good looking mods though...

I doubt if the road surface quality matches europe. To be honest even in the UK the vRS could do with being higher, although I am sure it would be perfect on German high quality roads.

Why do car companies do this kind of thing? The only difference between the 180 and 150 bhp 1.8T is software, so why the hell do they do it, I can not see the 180 bhp costing them anymore to make.

Because lower grade fuel is common in India , so the car has to be less highly tuned to cope with it.

I doubt if the road surface quality matches europe. To be honest even in the UK the vRS could do with being higher, although I am sure it would be perfect on German high quality roads.

Was the RS developed in Germany?

I have a feeling it was devloped in the Czech Republic.....are their roads better than the UKs?

I was under the impression that the 150bhp golf and 180bhp TT use a different block and slightly altered and stronger internals?

and we all have the 180bhp TT engine.

Andrew

Nearly right... the 150 and 180 is the same block... the 225 (TT\S3\LCR) *is* stronger however....

Was the RS developed in Germany?

I have a feeling it was devloped in the Czech Republic.....are their roads better than the UKs?

Czech roads vary from near UK motorway standard (whatever that means :rolleyes: ) to little more than farm tracks.

I covered a fair variety of roads when i was there and the RS took it all in its stride.

They do love the German Autobahns though :drive: :D

Hey Guys,

I have done a few mods, like the painted grills and the OZ wheels and a Super Sprint Exhaust plus a full Boston system with Alpine head unit.

The highest grade fuel you get here is 93 Octane and the normal fuel quality here is only 87 Octane so the RS has been detuned to run normal fuel here.

The car has a stiffer suspension then the normal Octavia but rides somewhere in the same level. It comes with 16" Alloys and I have changed to 17"

But the sad part is we just cant lower anymore. the roads are real bad here. Even this 45 profile tyres have me scared once in a while.

THX

Quick question that I asked in my intro post that semi relates to the detuning posts above. Why does the manufacturer give a power output of 180 when the likes of jabba can re-map easily to 220.

In Ireland a new 200 bhp Golf GTI will cost 35K euro's when on sale. The Octy costs about 24 and a half. Now I know it uses the old TT engine set at 180 but as an added incentive to buy the old model octy, especially now that even astra's are touted to be coming with 240bhp, would it not make sense to sell a re-mapped version of the octy with higher bhp, or is that just crazy talk?

All responses to the asylum.

Indian spec Octavia's do run higher suspension. Is often used as an 'unofficial' mod to some Taxi's when problems occur with speed humps etc.

They more than likely have the 150 bhp spec due to lower grade fuel or something along those lines, also there are more differences than just software between the 150 and 180 turbo models. Internals are the same, the difference is in the 210/225 engine. Some 150 engines have the K03 turbo, whereas the 180 has the K03s (but then so do some of the 150's on other brands).