fl vrs seat problem

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is the same. 380000 miles in 3years - no problems in a VRS. 4000 miles in 6 months in a FL VRS and the seat fails. I haven't changed the way I get in and out of cars!!! Not spoke to my dealer yet but will update when I do. Seems like faulty seats. If its a safety issue I wonder whether VOSA need to be made aware?

I've had my vRS for 4 1/2 months, 5000 miles, and the vertical squab by the lumbar wheel is looking a little bit saggy, but not collapsed.

I'm not a fatty and don't lean to the right so there's something going on.

I shall keep an eye on it and refer the dealer to this thread if he gives me any aggro.

Passenger seat with no lumbar wheel is in mint condition.

I've had my vRS for 4 1/2 months, 5000 miles, and the vertical squab by the lumbar wheel is looking a little bit saggy, but not collapsed.

I shall keep an eye on it and refer the dealer to this thread if he gives me any aggro.

a few more pictures from all of you guys with the same problem may help us convince the dealers (if required) that it's not just us, that there must be a manufacturing fault. Feel free to post.

Its a simple warranty issue under the Sales of Goods Act.

Regardless of wear and tear as a seat should last longer than 6 months.

Its a simple warranty issue under the Sales of Goods Act.

Regardless of wear and tear as a seat should last longer than 6 months.

I know this. You know this. Sadly some dealers beg to differ. Trying to get as much ammo for anyone who faces the same situation as me.

I thought the VRS passenger seat had lumber support as well (I know mine does),

I thought the VRS passenger seat had lumber support as well (I know mine does),

Oops, so it does, never noticed before. :giggle: Anyway, passenger side is mint, as it's hardly ever used.

Not very sturdy stuff, is it ?

Edited by Spudhoolio

I know this. You know this. Sadly some dealers beg to differ. Trying to get as much ammo for anyone who faces the same situation as me.

Dealer asked to see my seat. I'm taking it in tomorrow. Will post their response. Mine is identical to the photo linked earlier in the thread.

mine is also identical to the pic posted earlier.

i dropped in to see the dealer on sat - chap took a quick look and agreed it wasn't right.

its booked in with them in a couple of weeks, service will be due too, so i'll see what they do to sort it out.

cheers

Rob

mine is also identical to the pic posted earlier.

i dropped in to see the dealer on sat - chap took a quick look and agreed it wasn't right.

My dealer agreed too, and will be contacting Skoda. It's not considered to be a safety issue affecting the air bag. I'm booked in for a few weeks time. Why is it happening though? We could end up with a replacement which goes the same way. How we get in or out of the car is irrelevant, at least as far as premature failures like ours are concerned. Over to you Skoda!

My dealer agreed too, and will be contacting Skoda. It's not considered to be a safety issue affecting the air bag. I'm booked in for a few weeks time. Why is it happening though? We could end up with a replacement which goes the same way. How we get in or out of the car is irrelevant, at least as far as premature failures like ours are concerned. Over to you Skoda!

are we all with a full leather interior or is it happening on the standard seats as well....it didnt happen in my last one..and the overall seat design doesnt look like its changed?

are we all with a full leather interior or is it happening on the standard seats as well....it didnt happen in my last one..and the overall seat design doesnt look like its changed?

Mine has standard seats.

Mine is standard too.

Dealer is looking at my seat on Saturday morning. Will post results ASAP. Had the usual "we haven't heard of any problems" already quoted too me. Anyone had any luck or an update on their seats?

Dealer is looking at my seat on Saturday morning. Will post results ASAP. Had the usual "we haven't heard of any problems" already quoted too me. Anyone had any luck or an update on their seats?

My car is going in this afternoon. Went to Henry's Skoda Glasgow, guy looked at it, said it was first time he'd seen such a problem, but he would order a part / seat and get it sorted - he agreed it wasn't right.

Interestingly, was walking past a 59-plate FL octavia vRS in the work car park today, looked inside and lo and behold, seat looked exactly same as mine!

The problem is definitely more common than Skoda seen to think so far!

Will keep you posted about outcome.

This is already a big issue for a long time in Germany. Lots of users already have gotten new upholstery on warranty.

A couple of users have gotten their upholstery changed more than once.

Skoda knows about this problem.

I havent had any problems with my seats for over 149tkm. Wearing jeans (diesel, replay) almost 99.9% of the time.

(I know it is in German, but this is one of the many threads going on about the VRS std seats: http://www.octavia-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25359 )

Edited by magic62

This is already a big issue for a long time in Germany. Lots of users already have gotten new upholstery on warranty.

A couple of users have gotten their upholstery changed more than once.

Skoda knows about this problem.

I havent had any problems with my seats for over 149tkm. Wearing jeans (diesel, replay) almost 99.9% of the time.

(I know it is in German, but this is one of the many threads going on about the VRS std seats: http://www.octavia-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25359 )

Interesting to know about this.

This however isn't a fluffing / wear issue - my seat covers are pristine. It is the structure of the seat itself that isn't fit for purpose and appears to be failing VERY early.

There is definitely something wrong with these seats, i have just had both my seats replaced because of the same problem, albeit i have leather trim which started to tear when the seat bolsters collapsed

pic1

pic 2

pic 3

Forgot to mention.... the car has to go back to the garage to have another leather cover as the new one ripped as was being fitted, and they are on back order like the previous set so it may be a bigger problem than they would like to admit. A day after i got the car i found some some of the stitching had come away from the passenger seat base cover, luckily all of this has gone through warranty with no problems. I hope you guy's with the stubborn/blind garages get your seats rectified.

I would also like to know how they can say that it doesn't affect the deployment of the airbag when its not a known problem?? Surely they can't say that unless they've tested it and if they've tested it, it is a known problem! Anyone care to translate the German thread?!

been into garage today it is not the foam on the bolster that has collapsed it is the airbag there is a lip on the air bag that fits in to the bolster to hold the bolster in position this has snapped off the air bag thus letting the seat slip they are refitting seat now and i have to return when new air bag is in they said next saturday so anyone needing this repair tell them to order a seat airbag aswell because this seems to be the problem cheers davy