Vauxhall lifetime warranty

David 8

Could actually make it worthwhile for someone who keeps cars a long time to buy a new one.

I'd like to see the small print in case this only really covers the drivetrain.

Could actually make it worthwhile for someone who keeps cars a long time to buy a new one.

I'd like to see the small print in case this only really covers the drivetrain.

Says drivetrain and major systems.

FWIW a lot of the 5 year etc warranties offered by the likes of hyundai have restrictions on what is covered after 3 years or a set mileage.

"Lifetime warranty for all new Vauxhalls" - or untill engine/drivetrain /???(ad yer own part) decides it's reached the end of it's life . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"Lifetime warranty for all new Vauxhalls" - or untill engine/drivetrain /???(ad yer own part) decides it's reached the end of it's life . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just like a Halfords warranty then. Lol!

They are only doing this as they can't sell many cars. Before we decided on another Fabia we went to our local Vauxhall dealer to have a look at a Corsa. The guy said we can have any model, any spec in any colour straight away as they have everything in stock which tells me they are shifting them.

But he was so pushy we decided no and went for another Fabia which was the best choice.

You mean like some VAG dealers who try and get out of everything?

Just like a Halfords warranty then. Lol!

Never had a problem on their professional range of tools.

They are only doing this as they can't sell many cars. Before we decided on another Fabia we went to our local Vauxhall dealer to have a look at a Corsa. The guy said we can have any model, any spec in any colour straight away as they have everything in stock which tells me they are shifting them.

But he was so pushy we decided no and went for another Fabia which was the best choice.

Different dealers can be very different as I know a skoda dealer who are good and one who are awful at sales.

I will agree though that the local Vx dealers are on the whole a lot pushier.

I think it's an interesting move to put down those shouting about 5 and 7 years warranty, as the people that buy those cars are/were Vx's primary target after fleet buys.

It sounds a good offer, but.....

The normal Warranty is 1 year unlimited and up to 3 years or 60k. with only one year breakdown cover.

So they're offering another 40k to the first owner (the next owner can buy the warranty)

• 2 weeks later...

My previous 5 cars have been vauxhalls, and would have another one tomorrow. Well except the Mk3 Astra Sport, that was a pile of pap.

Loved the Mk2 belmont i had as my first car, no driver aids etc etc. Made for an interesting and involved drive, that really helped me develop my driving.

Edited by Browny_37

It sounds a good offer, but.....

The normal Warranty is 1 year unlimited and up to 3 years or 60k. with only one year breakdown cover.

So they're offering another 40k to the first owner (the next owner can buy the warranty)

I noticed that the small print on their TV advert said the warranty is only available to the first owner.

If that is the case, and it can't be transferred to new owners, then it makes the whole thing rather pointless. I mean, who would want to drive a Vauxhall for 100,000 miles?

If you've ever owned a vehicle from new until 100,000 miles I would suspect that most of the running costs are: fuel, servicing, mot after the third year, tyres, cambelt, road tax, insurance, breakdown cover etc.

None of these items are warranty issues, OK if you have a major mechnical failure between 60,000 -100,000 miles then the Vauxhall deal would help.

I can see sales reps who rack up 100,000 in 3 or 4 years gaining on this deal, but for a private buyer doing 10-12k a year I'm not so sure there is an advantage.

If you've ever owned a vehicle from new until 100,000 miles I would suspect that most of the running costs are: fuel, servicing, mot after the third year, tyres, cambelt, road tax, insurance, breakdown cover etc.

None of these items are warranty issues, OK if you have a major mechnical failure between 60,000 -100,000 miles then the Vauxhall deal would help.

I can see sales reps who rack up 100,000 in 3 or 4 years gaining on this deal, but for a private buyer doing 10-12k a year I'm not so sure there is an advantage.

so a longer warranty period is only useful if you have an issue after the usual (3 year/60K mile?) warranty would have run out... :doh:

The last Vauxhall I drove was a 2000 W Reg Astravan, by 12,000 the gearbox had lost 3rd and 4th gears. Only had 1st and 5th and reverse. This has put me off Vauxhall's for life, surprised to see they only still offer 6 years warranty on the body, which is very poor by today's standards. They are still a disposable rep's car, like a BIC biro, use until run out and bin.

The last Vauxhall I drove was a 2000 W Reg Astravan, by 12,000 the gearbox had lost 3rd and 4th gears. Only had 1st and 5th and reverse. This has put me off Vauxhall's for life, surprised to see they only still offer 6 years warranty on the body, which is very poor by today's standards. They are still a disposable rep's car, like a BIC biro, use until run out and bin.

Proof they're rubbish! Don't even have a 2nd gear! :giggle:

(I have nothing against Vauxhall, just hate Corsa C's.)

Although in fairness, my Polo is on it's second gear box (went at 60,000 miles) and I won't be surprised if it has a 3rd before 100,000 miles. :thumbdown:

Proof they're rubbish! Don't even have a 2nd gear! :giggle:

(I have nothing against Vauxhall, just hate Corsa C's.)

Although in fairness, my Polo is on it's second gear box (went at 60,000 miles) and I won't be surprised if it has a 3rd before 100,000 miles. :thumbdown:

lol and 2nd. just about!

Toyota have gone to 5 year / 100k warranties, if Ford and some of the others follow suit then I think VAG will have to offer a similar package to compete.