What do you hate about your Octy?

Stubax

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

climatronic controls

really poor audio equipment

HUGE hazard button (and octavia badge under it)

mismatch door handles in the front,they are slightly different colour to the door card.

the cloth the carpets.

my niggles are all interior i think.boot and water hasn't annoyed me yet,

yet

Another vote for water in boot and low positioning of climate control. Also although I love the look of it, the front skirt is too low. It seems to dip down even further as it goes underneath the car. I have caught mine on a kerb and split the corner so a piece hangs down underneath (making it even easier to catch on kerbs)

what the should have done is moved the CC controls higher to where the second DIN slot it and moved to pocket to where the CC controls are

Does anyone know if this is possible? It would make more sense to have located it higher up!

Water thing is annoying.

Climate controls are to low. We really should investigate swapping the pocket and the CC. Anybody tried it??

Position of the ciggarette lighter is a pain for charging phones that are dash board mounted.

Seats are crap when compared with Golf or A3 seats.

Headlights are pretty poor.

Rear view is limited.

However on the plus side........

Much cheaper than a Golf.

Huge boot, can get two mountainbikes in without any problem.

Drives well.

Trip computer and cruise control.

Regards

Position of the ciggarette lighter is a pain for charging phones that are dash board mounted.

Never thought of that, but I guess it would be!

I put phones etc in the armrest which is perfect as it's right above the 12v socket, but you are right, if that wasn't there then there is nowhere to put something on charge.

Now , in the winter it bothers me, that the dashboard is clattering and noisy like hell until the car is warm.

Same with one of the engine belts, which is very noisy until car is warm.

The light of the heater/clima unit is going out sometimes.

And some other minor issues .. Might be all claryfied at the next service.

But in general : The octy estate TDi is the best car I ever owned ( until now )

no real gripes with me 4x418t hatch,more annoying really, water over me speakers when i lift hatch back & pressing lock button on key when starting so interior light remains on so i have to turn ignition off then on.....

regds ect

When the water runs into the boot, it then goes into the rear parcel shelf speaker holes! Grrr.

Stereo was better in my old Polo 1.4S

Headlights very poor (a couple of tea lights would chuck out more light) Just swapped my bulbs for a pair of Osram Silverstars, 100% better.

Demisting.

When you fold the rear seats down to place flatpack Swedish furniture into the car, the leather gets marked and dinted, anyone know any remedys to this?

White bits.

Still absolutely f*****g love the car though. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

...When you fold the rear seats down to place flatpack Swedish furniture into the car...

...and the diagonal struts that are exposed when you fold the seats down that take away about 40% of the usefulness of the boot!

Oh, and water running into the boot, and demisting. Don't know if anyone has mentioned those already :D

Demisting

Headlights

Front fogs being included in main cluster (Sorted on Mk2 - lower down)

Bit of a daft thing... but 4X4 badging.... not enough once i took that bloody great sticker off back window " OCTAVIA 4X4" - Took away whole view... cud do wit sumtink along the lines of front badge like Audi Quattros

One idea which can be sorted buy buying the kit... but to have remote key also acting as a window opener.... just a remote version of the "Conveniance System"

Other than those little niggles..... great car, in my case everything i would quibble about has been sorted on the Mk2 Octy 4X4 except the engines they are wacking on the damn things.

Demisting

Headlights

Bit of a daft thing... but 4X4 badging.... not enough once i took that bloody great sticker off back window " OCTAVIA 4X4" - Took away whole view... cud do wit sumtink along the lines of front badge like Audi Quattros

One idea which can be sorted buy buying the kit... but to have remote key also acting as a window opener.... just a remote version of the "Conveniance System"

Other than those little niggles..... great car, in my case everything i would quibble about has been sorted on the Mk2 Octy 4X4 except the engines they are wacking on the damn things.

Demisting

Headlights