Who manufactures the Skoda Sound System?

Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone has any deasent info on the specs and manufacturer of the Skoda Sound System. Is it a "no name" production that sounds fairly well, og is someone that does not want to be branded for some reason involved? What about power etc.

I am currently opting for either the Octavia vRS or the Passat with a similar engine. The Passat comes with the 600 watt Dynaudio system.

Any preferences and recommandations on either car or stereo?

My first post here. All answers appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by takktakk

Thanks a lot. That was a really nice comparison of units.

However I was perhaps mostly thinking of who makes the loudspeakers and the amplifier of the Skoda Sound System and what is the output of it? Also how it performs compared to the 600 watt Dynaudio system of the new Passat?

My experience of the standard Skoda sound system in a 2008 Octavia is that it is pretty poor. My previous BMW 5-series was very good, as was my Mazda RX-8 (Bose).

On the other hand, people who have the uprated Skoda sound system speak well of it.

RNS-510 Columbus I can tell you that with uprated 12 speaker package + digi Equilazesr sounds very veyr good.

I have to agree with this - it is very good and a nice step up from the standard setup BUT imo the Dynaudio system as fitted to the Passat is superior.

However, I'd far rather have a new Octavia compared to the current (fairly old) Passat. :yes:

I have to agree with this - it is very good and a nice step up from the standard setup BUT imo the Dynaudio system as fitted to the Passat is superior.

However, I'd far rather have a new Octavia compared to the current (fairly old) Passat. :yes:

Had a chance to listen to the system. It is really nice, I agree.

Passat vs Octavia. I think I will fall down on the same conclusion, but in all fairness, quite a lot of the features of the newly presented "old" Passat are upgraded and new. Even the chassis looks somewhat the same, but truth be told it is only the roof that remains the same. Though admittedly, changes are minor to non visible. But - as far as roadnoise etc goes, this "old" Passat is said to be quite a lot better.

Anyway, and apart from that, I agree. The Octavia looks stunning and rides well. Passat is still a little bit bigger though. At least for passengers, right?

Q (for the fun of it): What does the Octavia offer that the Passat does not?

VW have just launched the new Passat.

Upgraded 12 speaker system...?? Did I miss a option on my vrs?

Well. I'm in Norway and you're in the UK so I guess there might be some different specs rolling around. However I find it strange if you guys are not offered an audio upgrade? I tought it to be quite common that such a thing would be available from almost any carmaker? So my unqualified guess would be that yes - you missed out...

Anyone?

RNS-510 Columbus I can tell you that with uprated 12 speaker package + digi Equilazesr sounds very veyr good.

Is the Digital equalizer an option that appears on the Columbus when it is connected and coded for the sound system?

Nope. For some reason it's not offered in the UK

Incompetence and ignorance on the part of Skoda UK. If they'd get their act together and allow more options to the UK market then they would make more money as people would spend more on options. I'd certainly have had the 12 speaker upgrade on my Octy.

Incompetence and ignorance on the part of Skoda UK. If they'd get their act together and allow more options to the UK market then they would make more money as people would spend more on options. I'd certainly have had the 12 speaker upgrade on my Octy.

I agree, I know a couple of vRS ownsers who would have happily paid for a MFSW on their manual car too....

Used to be, my 06 car has it...

I think it's available on the Yeti and the Superb, but not the current Octavia range... I've given up trying to work out the SUK marketing department... My brain doesn't function at that low a level :giggle:

Edited by Raglits

I have had a chance to listen in on the upgrade, and it is remarkably well put together soundwise. Almost to the point where it seems a little odd that no one has put their name on it. It is indeed as it states a "Sound System", but it is also a very nice one as they come.

One can only hope that UK residents will be able to opt for this upgrade any time soon.

I think it's just the standard fitment on the Octavia over here and an option on the Yeti. 12 speakers, some are just bass drivers only, 4 in each front door. The speakers have little crome badges on them in each door.

Has adjustable everything on the Balero screen so bass, treble and mid range, choose different sound fields i.e rock etc and a surround function which changes for Driver, front and off. Not sure if that's part of the upgrade or not?

• 5 years later...

HI guys can you please tell me how does sound system in skoda super look like..Think i am interesting in is where crossovers are.Are they between speaker and external amp or they are build in speaker or already right signal coming from amp for each speaker?

I will realy apreciate right answer as i am planing to change head unit and this sound system does not work with any other aftermarket head unit because is working with can bus.

So my plan is to bypass skoda amplifier and install new one 6 channel. 2ch for front 2 for rear and 2 for some sub.

But i need to know if i have to put crossovers also or they are in speakers or somewhere in doors as i am not planing to take door covers down i will conect from cables which is under seat concet to factory amp. Thanks guys