Feckin Mytyres.....about to slit my wrists...

Beancounter1980

Wish i never come across them now!

I paid £410 for some winter tyres on my Beemer yesterday afternoon. Happy as larry...

Then i recieve an email stating as i was a new customer i would need to transfer the money via bank transfer to another account.

So here i am scratching my head. So they want me to pay twice? even though the money has already left my account???

I ring Barclays to cancel the payment. They tell me they cant do jack since it is a card payment and my issue lies with Mytyres...

I ring mytyres who state they have cancelled the payment.....i check with Barclays....nope they cant see the cancellation,

I ring mytyres who tell me it will take 48 hours for me to see the money again....

Bloody hell....all i want is some bloody snow tyres......

So here i am peeved off about £400 quid that is somewhere in the ether.... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Beancounter1980

If they already had your money, and you are unable to cancel it in anycase as it was a debit card payment, wtf did they cancel it and ask for it paying in a different way??? Do they give any explanation?? :S

I always use Blackcircles, never had any bother :)

Edited by postmanpat

If they already had your money, and you are unable to cancel it in anycase as it was a debit card payment, wtf did they cancel it and ask for it paying in a different way??? Do they give any explanation?? :S

Because i'm a new customer and its company policy that all new customers pay via a bank transfer. This was not made clear at any stage of the online purchasing process (At this point i had paid via Paypal!!!!!!!!!!)...... :thumbdown:

So i'm now constantly ringing some bird in Germany to get my money back.... :swear:

Edited by Beancounter1980

I've just been through this.. but I paid on credit card..

My card has had an authorisation put on it but no money taken - the authorisation has been cancelled according to mytyres and this takes a while to flow through the system. I've lodged a not with my card issuer that says if they try to

take the money to call me, but I did xfer the money last night - which takes 24 hours to process due to them not being part of fast payments scheme. ..

I actually didn't get the new customer email but when I rang them I got told there was an problem with my card - after ringing my card issuer and them back again - it appears it;s the new customer "issue" despite my mastercard being authorised... muppets - but as neither canmskill or elite have any tyres in my size when I checked and tyremen were quoting me silly money for alloys when I wanted steels - without much more faff it's a route I havent got time to redo. On the other hand - they dont seem to want to take the delivery payment....?

How hard can it be?

It's not really an obscure account either Commerzbnk isnt exactly small - it is however german.

At least you are not paying the phonecall to some bird in germany ;-) they are... take small comfort in that. ;-)

Simes.

Edited by Simes

There's a couple of unhappy mytyre customers on the yeti section.

However, I ordered my steel wheels with winter tyres and received everything within four days with no issues. I've ordered from them for the last three years too, with no issue whatsoever so it seems to be a bit of a lottery. :-(

Very odd! Why should mytyres not work like any other bloody mail order place. You pay, you get your tyres, end of! I do now use camskill though simply because they are usually the cheapest and I normally get the tyres the next day.

Sometimes, they even deliver 8 tyres instead of 4..... ;)

My card has had an authorisation put on it but no money taken - the authorisation has been cancelled according to mytyres and this takes a while to flow through the system.

I would be willing to wager that they don't actually cancel it, and instead just leave the authorisation to lapse (usually 3-10 days depending on issuer).

I would be willing to wager that they don't actually cancel it, and instead just leave the authorisation to lapse (usually 3-10 days depending on issuer).

Rang card issuer today - authorisation not yet cancelled - and had an email for them confirming payment received via bank transfer and everything is go....

Funnily enough - they havent (as yet) charged me for delivery (9.90 a wheel/tyre) and I paid the exact amount by transfer not sure how thats going to work unless they take it from the card under the auth?

Simes.

I too have fallen foul of the mytyres bank transfer payment request. the second email I received contained the following:

We would like to inform you that due to internal company policy and security rules our Accounting Dept has taken the decision to request the payment in advance in this case. Therefore all the details of the card were erased from our system and in order to enable us to proceed with dispatching the items, we would like to kindly ask you to transfer the outstanding sum of

The problem I have is that by doing this, they are shifting the financial risk completely to the purchaser. If you've paid by credit card, then you at least have a hope of getting your money back should something go wrong under the consumer credit act. If you've paid via bank transfer then you've the same rights as if you'd paid by cash. I suspect they do this with all new customers.

It wouldn't be so bad, but their emails read like 419 phishing scams as it is. Personally I'll be avoiding them at all costs from now on.

Edited by L&Ken

Agreed, but the problem is MyTyres wont accept a credit card on your first order from them.

Then walk away, there are plenty of other genuine companies around to deal with.  I have used Monty's Wheel and Tyres over the net and the service was excellent, goods as described and delivered 12 hours after the order was made.

Edited by Octoplus

Then walk away, there are plenty of other genuine companies around to deal with.  I have used Monty's Wheel and Tyres over the net and the service was excellent, goods as described and delivered 12 hours after the order was made.

Quite agree, but some people seem to like MyTyres!

Hi Skoda owners ! Please de-tune your RS's as it is becoming embarrassing for me in my stock E30 325i !

Anyhow on to the subject of FECKIN M.TYRES , I thought I had a set of Vredestein Snowtrac 3 coming early next week but have also been caught up in their payment malarkey ! It would be better if they had just said that for first time customers ( in the U.K ) , they would only accept a bank transfer or PayPal , my money is in the system somewhere and if I don't have it back within 10 days , I will contact Oxfordshire trading standards . Googling these jokers has turned up many similar stories , at least they have not asked me for photocopies or faxes of utility bills , passports like some Volvo drivers . Why could'nt they check your number plate against the DVLA database , no big deal for a legitimate car owner , is it some massive scam where this company increases its cash flow by " borrowing " this money off its customers for a few days ?

A lot of replies suggest going to ; Camskill , Blackcircles etc. Elite Tyres are also mentioned ( who I have had good dealings with ) . The trouble with these companies regarding winter tyres is that you must either accept a limited choice or ask them several months in advance to TRY and secure your favoured cold weather donuts . Unfortunately MYTYRES & PNEUSONLINE are far further up the food chain and know this . That brings me on to my final rant about this company , namely their pricing . I started looking in the summer when the Vredestein Snowtrac 3's price was around £ 60 , in the last 2 weeks it has yoyoed from 60 to 69 , then one evening for a matter of hours 56 , the next morning they were back up to 66 ( slightly more than mere currency fluctuations , more like profiteering ) !

When this is sorted and I won't have to buy winter tyres for another 3 years or so , I will ask Elite Tyres ( in the early summer ) or Tyremen ( whose prices look alright ) . It would be interesting to hear if any members have got experience of buying winter tyres when they have been abroad ( France or Belgium , maybe even Luxembourg ( less tax & worth buying fuel in ) ) . Why don't the tyre manufactures set up their own websites to sell directly ?

22 Nov . UPDATE ; Still no money back in my bank account ! Also the price of these Vredestein Snowtrac 3's have now gone up to £ 79 .

Edited by Hugo Innell

• 1 year later...

I too have fallen foul of the mytyres bank transfer payment request. the second email I received contained the following:

The problem I have is that by doing this, they are shifting the financial risk completely to the purchaser. If you've paid by credit card, then you at least have a hope of getting your money back should something go wrong under the consumer credit act. If you've paid via bank transfer then you've the same rights as if you'd paid by cash. I suspect they do this with all new customers.

It wouldn't be so bad, but their emails read like 419 phishing scams as it is. Personally I'll be avoiding them at all costs from now on.

Dont think anyone needs to "avoid them at all costs"

I used them and they were first class. Cant remember how i paid but i normallu use credit cards but do use paypal from time to time. They are a reputable company so i wouldnt look too much into it as i doubt they are trying to rip anyone off.

I have use dblackcircles a few times also and they are equally as good as mytyres. It sound slike a minor issue to me which im sure will be resolved so no need to slit your wrists.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

I do find it quite odd how mytyres operate with new customers, I had this too.

They cancel the payment (it never goes through) then you have to pay by paypal or BACS (from memory).

Anyway, did that last year and now as an existing customer can just pay via debit/credit card.

The service is quite good IMO, once you get past the odd first contact.

Great to know guys. As long as they eventually deliver I have no problem, but I have absolutely no guarantee they will. It seems really odd in so much as a card payment once authorised must be as good as cash to them.

Great to know guys. As long as they eventually deliver I have no problem, but I have absolutely no guarantee they will. It seems really odd in so much as a card payment once authorised must be as good as cash to them.

I've had 10 tyres off them now and a german friend has had many more.

I'd guess some of the oddity comes from the German law where you have to confirm the transaction the first time you're a customer.

IIRC I once had to fax a signed copy of an order back to a company I was buying software from for work many years ago, so that they could proceed.

I am sure most companies have to pay charges for taking a payment via card, I would imagine more for overseas so perhaps they are only happy to pay this fee for returning customers as a loyalty thing? Either way it's just weird! Mastercard and VISA being 2 of the biggest in the world try and buy anything in Holland with them you'd think it was a electron card in UK hardly anywhere accepts them.