dealer struggling to shift car

Hi all my dealer simpsons of colne cant seem to shift my old vrs dont understand why nobody wants a 3yr old 1 owner 33,000 miles well speced race blue vrs, makes me feel sorry for my old girl her not having gone to a new loving home. :'( :'(

ive noticed this. The pre facelift Octavias at my local dealer dont seem to shift as fast as facelift. Everytime i go down there they seem to still have the same pre facelift and loads of different FL's for sale. You are right though, its not like they look ugly! However, on the flip side, the deals on new octavias are so good that people may be thinging why buy second hand?

I'd say that was the reason. Some dealers are asking way to much for used VRSs + with the long waiting list for new ones it makes sense for nearly new to sell quickly.

How much have they got your car up for out of interest?

If it's a diesel vRS estate, they ought to shift it quite promptly as they seem to be the preferred spec for selling on.

I had no problem selling my 3yr old, non F/L diesel estate via Autotrader.

Interestingly, I have just been trying to negotiate with this dealer on another vRS they have. They seem quite reluctant to shift on price even though they've had the car for weeks now. I'd never have expected to struggle to spend so much money before!

just out of interest what did they give you for the car, how long have they had it and have you ever had any issues with it as ive just emailed them this evening, and whilst the price is quite high there's a 2008 model in Wakefield with 1k less mile for 13k at the moment.

i was tempted by a 170 bhp Passat sport for 11k aswell but im only 22 and they seem a bit old man

mine went straight away from the stealers. couldnt have been on the forecourt for more than a couple days before i saw a family in it.

felt bad though. that car took some hammering. reckon it did around 1-1.5k of track days. that said that was all on uprated suspension mods etc, so the stock suspension is actually pretty new.

mine was 57 plate, 32k, FSH, jumbo pack, cruise control, 18" alloys and went for £9800

Edited by janner_Sy

never had any issues with her occasional dpf but on the whole was a fantastic car just fancied a new one while the vat free ofer was on and save taxing and mot at 3yr old dont think dealer would forgive me if i told what they gave me for it :doh:

I paid £11k last month for a Race Blue 2007 vRS TDi with a high spec, basically everything with the exception of parking sensors. Seems to be the going rate. Oddly enough they have a identical aged Red model with slightly higher mileage and a lower spec for £500 more than I paid!!

:rofl: Its up for £10995 which i dont think is bad for one owner and good spec/low miles its also hatch just in case any body wants her

That's ridiculous.

I bought a similar mileage (slightly less actually) one for £9k 6 months ago!

Edit: and mine was from a Skoda dealer, with warranty + breakdown cover.

Edited by BigC

Just got offered 9k for mt 07 TFSI against a 10k S60 D5. Guy went to his computer and came up with the offer. Glasses online I guess.

I wonder if the delays in delivery are holding prices up. 9k was more than I expected.

I am finding the same with L&K estate Autos prices seem high but there are not a lot around.

Dealers seem to want £10k-£11k for 06/07 with ok mileages. seem to be around £2k over glass's top tradein

I was aiming £10k ish and thinking 57 or newer should have been possible.

Might just have to cough up the extra if we can find one close enough to go see.

Autoquake are significantly cheaper but I like the idea of a Skoda approved one.

Looking on HJ auction report there was this one

Skoda Octavia 2.0TDI 170 VRS estate, 07 reg, 83k miles £7,000s

Edited by P&N

If you look on the Skoda website you can find all the used VRS's in the country that are dealer stock. Either use this as a bargaining tool or to track down the car of your choice. Prices do seem to vary, but then again they always will.

9k px on an 07 reg VRS against a 10k car seems very good - suggests there is a bit of markup in the other car. Sounds like a good deal though if you want an S60 :thumbup:

Having just looked at the Skoda site 11k for a 3yr old approved used cars seems to be ball park. I'm quite surprised by this, I guess it is because it is around the psychological 3 year marker. I paid considerably less for my 4 year old one from a dealer so maybe I haven't got a true appreciation of the prices.

As a followup still struggling to find an L&K auto estate around £10k

Went to look at a 06 28k L&K, not good, to much W&T for the miles so I think overpriced unless they can clean it up.

Thinking of dropping either auto or estate to widen the search

There is low mileage(8k) 06 2l petrol hatch out there but a bit of a trek to go look at

Anything to look out for on such a low mileage example, price seems a bit over but if very clean might be worth a look.

Any problems with the petrol tip autos?

I'd love to know who offered £9k for an 07 TFSi! I've just been offered £6.5k for my '56' plate vRS with 57k miles - and that's got climate, 18s etc. Substantially less than I paid in February BTW!