She's got it

My wife got her new VRS today.

At the moment she's still a little nervous with the DSG...it's the first 2 ped car she's owned & she finds the throttle pick-up in 1st a little sluggish.

It's a nice looking little thing though...can't wait 'till it's run in & I can open it up.

I took a few pics in the fading light at about 2.30pm!! :o

post-50060-12905539571983_thumb.jpg

post-50060-12905538937218_thumb.jpg

post-50060-12905539160096_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to seeing it, where in Herts are you?

I'm the same as you WGC! :thumbup:

I don't understand why the pics vanished...they were all there when I posted...you can even see the paper clip that shows I attached something...?

OK second time lucky

P.S. The heated seats work faster & better than on the Octy VRS & the old Golf! :opost-50060-12906281464001_thumb.jpg

post-50060-12906281898202_thumb.jpg

post-50060-12906282122788_thumb.jpg

Haven`t seen it yet, will keep an eye out for it. We`re down by Morrisons, normally see mine and a black Superb travelling together. Off over to St Albans tomorrow to get some of the last few bits for the Superb.

Hooray, someone who's picked Race Blue like me! Not sure why so few people are picking it for the Furby - I know it's common on the Octy but they're a totally different model!

Yours looks really nice - should be picking up my vRS Estate on the weekend of 11/12 or 18/19 December so not too long now.

I'm in WGC too (only about a mile from Ross) so I'll give you a flash if I see you.

Enjoy, even if it's not technically yours... ;)

ooo, don`t this his missus would like that! :giggle::rofl: Think I`m being surrounded by vRS! My cars gonne feel even slower than our Superb makes it feel.

Would agree though, its nice to actually see a blue one. Seen a couple of Octy vRS recently in WGC too so wondering if they belong to anyone on here?

Congratulations on your new motor and hope you enjoy!

Great colour , the only thing that lets it down is the white roof, in my opinion. A black roof would have been my choice, but it wasn't available unfortunately.

Thanks for all the positive comments re. the car.

I thought it would look better with a black roof, but it's not available with race blue.

We saw the car in Progress Skoda about 3 weeks ago when the Octy was in for its first service. We both thought it looked cool but it was heavily optioned & we thought that it would be out of our price range.

A little later we enquired about the Blue car but Progress had just sold it but they offered us a Green ex demo & a red ex demo (which we test drove) VRS but the wife didn't like them as much & they seemed a little expensive for used cars. They then called us to say that the blue car was once again available as the finance had fallen through on the sale & offered it to us at an amazing price...cheaper than the less well specced & ex demo green car?? The rest,as they say...is history. :)

Chris regarding my comment about the slow throttle pick-up..what I meant was DSG lag...it feels a little dozy so the wife gives it more gas, then it takes off like a scalded cat. Does it feel anymore lively off the line in sport mode?...I'm not talking 0-60, I'm talking pulling out onto a busy road...seeing a gap...and you're there....rather than...OMG...come on...phew!!! Which is her current concern.

I'll look out for your cars Ross....and if you've seen this Octy VRS...post-50060-12906423730544_thumb.jpg

It's me! :)

Edited by VRS Doug VX

Very nice car, I've also gone for blue with black wheels but without the white roof.

Can I ask when you ordered yours/how long it took to get it ? (oops, sorry just seen your post above)

Edited by BingoMad

If its anything like the Superb, give it some welly and (now its remapped) the steering wheel twitches as it trys to keep the power in check in D, use S and its like a rocket ship.

Darlingtons only had a green demo without a coloured roof and the black wheels and it didnt look right, think they have sold it now as the vinyl has been taken off it and it was down in the valeting bay when I was over there yesterday.

As for the Octy`s locally - there`s a race blue pair (ones a combi, ones a saloon) and a silver combi, have to say, don`t think ive seen your grey one, but my Furby is pretty obvious and will be even more so soon :giggle:

Chris regarding my comment about the slow throttle pick-up..what I meant was DSG lag...it feels a little dozy so the wife gives it more gas, then it takes off like a scalded cat. Does it feel anymore lively off the line in sport mode?...I'm not talking 0-60, I'm talking pulling out onto a busy road...seeing a gap...and you're there....rather than...OMG...come on...phew!!! Which is her current concern.

I think that must be a 7speed thing as my uncles octavia is abit like that. doesn't feel like its going to go then its off almost as if the handbrake is on?. Cant say I noticed it on the fabia but then I was testing its urm.....................yeah hands up I was having to much fun to notice :rofl:

nice colour btw :thumbup:

I'll look out for your cars Ross....and if you've seen this Octy VRS...post-50060-12906423730544_thumb.jpg

It's me! :)

Throttle response....Ours is very sharp..Pick up very good too in Normal Auto..Gets int 2nd almost immediately

I drove it a couple of times today as did the wife. It's not throttle pick-up it's DSG lag. I guess we'll probably both get used to it..it just requires a bit more forward thinking...allowing for an extra half seconds delay as the box allows the power to feed in. I did try it in sport mode today & that helped a lot..stops the 'I've done 2 yards so it's time for second' trick that standard drive gives. Does anybody use the paddles from a standstill?....is it possible?

I've ordered an anti slip boot tray & a set of mats...can't believe it came with no mats...the Octy had a set as standard.

The scotchguard smell is starting to ease...that stuff is really strong smelling! I'm also going to order some anti slip matting for the glovebox/door pockets & under seat boxes (I wonder if these are the reason the seating position feels a little high even at its lowest setting?). I did see some glovebox matting at Halfords for £3.99 for about a square foot...but online you can buy it for £7.99 for about 20 m/sq!

We're really pleased with the car....only slight downer so far is the mpg..about 34 with a light right foot...I'm sure the engine is tight & that it will improve with a few miles under its belt.

Re. the car numbers...it's only 3. The Golf was traded in for the Fabia. My VX is for sunny weekends now...I've done 75K in it from new though & for 5 years it was my only car.