stuby aerial

3rd and final update, recieved the Polo aerial today as shown in the link at the top of the page, the thread is 5mm so fine, but it isn't physically long enough to get in to the base. I think the problem is the 'clever' security feature where the OE aerial has a longer thread with the shaped end which holds the aerial in to the base so it can be angled down for washing or fitting a roof box.

Anyway, after a bit of modifying with a scapel, I exposed enough thread on the polo aerial to get a bite..........job done! :thumbup:

PoloAerial.jpg

Edited by vRS_Pagey

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I do remember having to trim the base slightly when I got mine :dull:

It was when I was fitting it to the Fab though, but I suppose the aerial bases are identical. So when I came to fit it on the Octy it fitted straight on :D

Glad you're *finally* sorted anyway :thumbup:

Sorry, I do remember having to trim the base slightly when I got mine :dull:

It was when I was fitting it to the Fab though, but I suppose the aerial bases are identical. So when I came to fit it on the Octy it fitted straight on :D

Glad you're *finally* sorted anyway :thumbup:

Nice of you to share that information now?! :giggle:

Anyone got a stubby they don't want or of no use to them, ill take it off your hands :thumbup: coz my aerial is slightly bent :thumbdown:

Edited by bertie1249

• 4 weeks later...

Question: When you have the phone module fitted, which means the roof aerial and the shark-fin thing are combined, does that mean I can't have the stubby aerial fitted?

Question: When you have the phone module fitted, which means the roof aerial and the shark-fin thing are combined, does that mean I can't have the stubby aerial fitted?

AFIK the aerial part still just unscrews from the base, just the base is different to incorporate the gsm antenna

Dealer has given me a part number of 6RO 035 849. Comes in at £11.82 + VAT. He doesn't have one in stock, so I wanted to check first if this is the right one for my 2010 Octy?

The new polo one im after though mate. Got a stubby one on my leon now and reception aint up to much and actually prefer the look of the longer new polo one. Just want to make sure i get the one with 5mm thread and not 6mm

• 2 weeks later...

My local friendly bodyshop (Stevie Walkers in Bathgate) has a number of 60-plate Polos as courtesy cars, so I nipped in on the way home this evening and swapped my longer swirly aerial for the stubby version fitted on one of their Polos.

I have the sharks fin thing on my roof too, and the stubby aerial off the polo fitted fine. Checked my radio reception too with it on and all was fine so i'll be ordering one up tomorrow!

I have the new stubby one on my new VRS (build week 8) and I am working in Holland and can pick up far to many stations in UK I can get more than I normally did in my fabia with its remote control car look one sticking out the roof!!

My local friendly bodyshop (Stevie Walkers in Bathgate) has a number of 60-plate Polos as courtesy cars, so I nipped in on the way home this evening and swapped my longer swirly aerial for the stubby version fitted on one of their Polos.

I have the sharks fin thing on my roof too, and the stubby aerial off the polo fitted fine. Checked my radio reception too with it on and all was fine so i'll be ordering one up tomorrow!

Let me know the part number as i need one for when the roof box is on! Use a Alloy one at the moment but these are thief magnets so only use it when i need to. :thumbup:

Let me know the part number as i need one for when the roof box is on! Use a Alloy one at the moment but these are thief magnets so only use it when i need to. :thumbup:

Will do.

Picked up my stubby aerial from the local Volkswagedn Garage this morning, fits on fine, cost me £13.77 and the part number is 6R0 035 849.

Picked up my stubby aerial from the local Volkswagedn Garage this morning, fits on fine, cost me £13.77 and the part number is 6R0 035 849.

Nice one will order that along with a new front valance for the Bora which keeps coming off everytime it sees a kerb!

So does this fit cars with the GPS Shark fin? Or does it require a different part, since I read the shark fin requires a 6mm thread? Thanks

Well I have a sharks fin and it fitted fine on my car! Mine is a 2010 (built around May 2010 I think).

I will take a pic tomorrow and post it up.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember a thread (on here I think) where someone mentioned they changed the aerial thread size, I can't remember when it was or who posted it, it might have even been on this very thread!

Thanks! Mine was built late 09.

Well I have a sharks fin and it fitted fine on my car! Mine is a 2010 (built around May 2010 I think).

I will take a pic tomorrow and post it up.

I might be wrong but I seem to remember a thread (on here I think) where someone mentioned they changed the aerial thread size, I can't remember when it was or who posted it, it might have even been on this very thread!