Yeti spotting - result!

Rob666

The "do I don't I" stare no doubt.

If I'd have been in a Yeti I'd have given a nod, but as I was in a Rapid I didn't give it a second thought to be honest. Plus some people get a bit funny if you stare in their windows whilst driving  :S

In the dark recently, I pulled up behind another car at a T junction near home while a white Yeti trundled past.  The car in front turned the other way so for the next few miles there was a two-Yeti convoy feeling its way round the murky Chiltern lanes.  Unique, i'm sure.  A pity the other driver had no idea what was following him!

Whilst tootling down the M40 on Friday morning, I spotted a Muscovado coloured Yeti approaching in the outside lane. I looked over as it overtook not expecting anything and was pleasantly surprised to see the driver giving me a big thumbs-up and grinning inanely.

Made me smile. Was between junctions 16 and 15. :thumbup:

Steel grey Yeti went round the roundabout in front of me this afternoon at Penllegaer, and a Fire Service Yeti with plenty of stripes and roof lights joined the M4 in front of me near the Skewen junction this morning going West.

Yesterday... A very mucky muddy white one (looked great BTW) followed me from A41 Tring, down past RAF Halton.

Oh, that brings back  memories; No2 School of Cookery, RAF Halton with side excursions into Wendover at weekends. Steam trains on the Metropolitan line into Baker Street and other things that were dubious in those days but would be considered inconsequential today. :happy: 

Fred 

Hehe!

I bet it doesn't look the same as you remember it.

A large part of the site has been turned into a housing estate!

And I don't know what it is about that road, but I've been up and down it four times in the last three days and every time have seen another yeti.

Today it was a tangerine one, a dark blue and a silver elegance.

....Steam trains on the Metropolitan line into Baker Street    [and the exchange between steam and electric locos at Ricky!]   and other things that were dubious in those days  [C'mon, Fred - what things, exactly, are you thinking of?!]  but would be considered inconsequential today. :happy:

Fred

• Like 2

....Steam trains on the Metropolitan line into Baker Street    [and the exchange between steam and electric locos at Ricky!]   and other things that were dubious in those days  [C'mon, Fred - what things, exactly, are you thinking of?!]  but would be considered inconsequential today. :happy:

Fred

A gentleman never tells! :hi:

Fred

Hehe!

I bet it doesn't look the same as you remember it.

A large part of the site has been turned into a housing estate!

And I don't know what it is about that road, but I've been up and down it four times in the last three days and every time have seen another yeti.

Today it was a tangerine one, a dark blue and a silver elegance.

Not another one? I recently returned to another of my RAF training stations, RAF Bridgnorth and most of that was an industrial site and the rest a country park. I was also stationed at RAF Steamer Point, Aden and look what's happened to that! I didn't realize I was that toxic. :giggle:

Sorry I seem to have deviated from the topic, again. :wall:

Fred

• Like 2

Not another one? I recently returned to another of my RAF training stations, RAF Bridgnorth and most of that was an industrial site and the rest a country park. I was also stationed at RAF Steamer Point, Aden and look what's happened to that! I didn't realize I was that toxic. :giggle:

Sorry I seem to have deviated from the topic, again. :wall:

Fred

Nothing wrong with deviation from the O.P. Fred, that's what makes forums so interesting and helps others understand members interests etc. as well as learning some history lessons

• Like 1

Is there any point to this thread any more? I know I have contributed, but there must be a point where it's just like saying, ooh look I've just seen a ..............!!!!

Yes. New people join and some leave so while people read and post it shows the thread has life-threads which don't just fall off the bottom of the page.

• Like 1

Nah!!

Won't!! :think:

And it is has got silver roof rails, which look silly with the black ends and roof.

And I've just been told there is a "sporting" auction, so perhaps he's a worm drowner. :giggle:  :giggle:

Graham

Or possibly a 'if it moves shoot it'

Sorry for the silliness, its a slow miserable day here a la frog, welsh style drizzle, you can't see it but it drenches you, if it stops will break out the bucket and wash off the car - the cr*p having been softened etc

on a more serious note weighed the trailer and Marlin yesterday, trailer 450kg car 900kg so got stickers indicating ulw 475(if 500 or more then a grey licence needed and separate reg/mot here) and mgw 1475 jonnie gendarme should now be happy if stopped as Uk plates will continue to be carried!

One for my dad; he passed a friends house yesterday and noticed a new silver Adventure on the drive which wasn't there last week :)

Long story but the friend in question has been debating either a Yeti or Nissan Qthingy for almost two years and even at one point had the Nissan on order. So it seems he's won over his other half who liked the Yeti except for the back, which she described as too delivery van like :giggle:

TP

Second day of the "sporting auction" and we seem to be collecting Yeti's:

A nice dirty Musci one and a newer (clean) white one with a black roof

Ordered that colour because 90000000000000 said it didn't show the dirt,  looks like he was wrong :o  :giggle: