Is there a Skoda MPV planned? (equivalent of Sharan/ Alhambra)

Apologies in advance for posting here – I know it’s not an octy question (although I do have one, if that gives me special dispensation! :) )

For some reason I was unable to post in the techie forum, so I’m hoping mods can move to where this is most appropriate :wonder: .

Short question – I was wondering if anyone knows if Skoda are going to come out with their ‘version’ of the VAG people carrier – i.e. something with the same base as the VW Sharon and the Seat Alhambra???

We recently got an octy estate, but an impending new arrival means we’re now looking into people carriers (though it won’t be for another year or so, finances allowing).

I like the look of the facelifted new Seat people carrier, but am tending towards the Ford S-Max, which just seems a bit more sporty and of course there are loads on the second hand market.

Just seems like Skoda are missing a trick on this one(?)

I don't think VW would want another same model with a different badge.

We have an S-Max at work at it drives superbly no doubt better then any other MPV and better then even a smaller C-Max.

The market is just too floody with them to make it worth skoda's attempt in the market. Plus as said above Skoda are already harming the rest of the VAG's range sales wise so why would they make it worse but adding another to that.

Personal slightly of topic but I'd rather like a skoda version of the TT.

Ive heard the 7 seat yeti and MPV are on the way at some point. We have to extand our showroom as Skoda will stipulate with the new model range we must have a showroom capable of displaying seven cars (ours is quite a small Skoda/Subaru dealer) so they are looking to bin Subaru I think to commit the space to Skoda.

Ive heard the 7 seat yeti and MPV are on the way at some point. We have to extand our showroom as Skoda will stipulate with the new model range we must have a showroom capable of displaying seven cars (ours is quite a small Skoda/Subaru dealer) so they are looking to bin Subaru I think to commit the space to Skoda.

My local dealer might have a problem there as 5 is tight. Especially as they only took on Suzuki earlier this year.

Have you thought about just getting a big estate (Superb) instead?

I looked into this. The problem is that we’ll need a car that can take three carseats (and leave space for two adults, including the driver).

I had initially hoped the Superb might be significantly wider than the Octy, so you could fit three abreast in the back seat. Sadly, there’s not that much difference.

The grand yeti would be AWESOME, but I also like the hashed up MPV piccie too. We’ll have to wait – the model’s will probably be out by the time my finances allow another car purchase :(

I looked into this. The problem is that we’ll need a car that can take three carseats (and leave space for two adults, including the driver).

I had initially hoped the Superb might be significantly wider than the Octy, so you could fit three abreast in the back seat. Sadly, there’s not that much difference.

The grand yeti would be AWESOME, but I also like the hashed up MPV piccie too. We’ll have to wait – the model’s will probably be out by the time my finances allow another car purchase :(

There is a company who make bespoke rear seat solutions to fit up to four kids abreast! It's fully approved etc-only downside is they're wild money-'bout a grand I think.

www.multimac.co.uk

Nothing to do with me! :)