Shhhh......This is top secret.......Shhhhhh

In todays The Times newspaper there is a Seat advert giving No VAT on the basic price only, not on factory options, from 4th Jan to 31st March.

Applies to certain models only.

Oh dear, that doesn't bode well for us then. With all the factory options on my car it may not work out any cheaper than the deal I'm already on.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just drove the vrs, what a cracking little car it is, so much better put together than our current Fabia, they offered us their ex demo 1k miles with bluetooth, climate, parking sensors, black wheels,multi function wheel but GREEN for 14.5 k or a new race blue, with mfsw and bluetooth for the same price

Just drove the vrs, what a cracking little car it is, so much better put together than our current Fabia, they offered us their ex demo 1k miles with bluetooth, climate, parking sensors, black wheels,multi function wheel but GREEN for 14.5 k or a new race blue, with mfsw and bluetooth for the same price

A new one WILL be less than that with the new no VAT offer starting January 4th. Even if Skoda only knock the VAT off the list price of the basic car i.e. excluding factory extras, you'll still be a few hundred pounds better off with those two extras on the new one.

My advice is wait a week!

A new one WILL be less than that with the new no VAT offer starting January 4th. Even if Skoda only knock the VAT off the list price of the basic car i.e. excluding factory extras, you'll still be a few hundred pounds better off with those two extras on the new one.

My advice is wait a week!

Yeah, the price did seem expensive, but I think they are trying to push the used one.

They offered 6200 px for used one and 4200 for the new one (to make the used one look more attractive) I asked them if this price was without the VAT and they kept saying yes defiently, I am waiting on my prefered dealer to get back to me with a price,

Chris

I too drove one today. quite liked it. needs a little more grunt. Struggled at first with the DSG, but got used to it after a few miles. It doesn't change down quick enough for round-abouts though, so it needs to be manually knocked down. they offered similar price for me as well but for an estate. but im going to shop about a bit between dealers first

I noticed that when coming to a roundabouts that the car was sitting in 3rd if I didnt come to a complete stop, if I put my foot down it strugled and then dropped to second.

Just spoke to another dealer they quoted me "Around 14k for the car with metalic, bluetooth and MFSW". If I can get book price trade in then they will have a deal

Hopefully the 0% 2 year finance will still be on next year too!

What's the concensus so far then on the no VAT offer being applied to factory fitted extras as well as the car then?

My own dealer didn't seem to think that it would apply to the extras and based on the Seat ad spotted today in the paper, this would seem to hold water (that is unless Skoda prove everyone wrong this time next week.)

Whose dealers are confident that it will include extras and which ones aren't? What about the 0% finance deal - anyone taking a punt on that one yet?

I know it's only a week away until all is revealed but some of the quotes people are getting on new cars would suggest that the no VAT offer applies to the car and its extras?

I reckon some dealers must be more in the know than others as otherwise why would they have the confidence to offer such good quotes now before they know the full extent of the no VAT offer and what it includes?

The 3rd dealer I spoke to said to me that they have confirmed the vat free on the car, but not confirmed thet new list price of the car, he didnt mention options, he did say however people can keep existing deals, he also said that if they over valued px values they would be reduced if people took the vat free.

He said they should know tomorrow, or the 1st about all finance deals and all the vat free info

But finding a dealer open and someone at that dealer high enough up the food chain with access to this info could prove hard

he didnt mention options, he did say however people can keep existing deals, he also said that if they over valued px values they would be reduced if people took the vat free.

Interesting, my dealer never mentioned anything about my part ex value.

I've always treated the value of the part ex completely separately to the value of the new car anyway and the dealer shouldn't be buoying up this figure to make the new car look more attractive. When it comes to it the value of your part ex should be treated 'as is' and not held against the value of the car you're buying.

Of course this all works in theory but some dealers do give you a 'really good' price for your part ex but then knock next to nothing off the cost of the new car. If the cost of the new car suddenly plummets then that's their margin gone... not really your problem but there's more ways than one to skin a cat as they say.

Interesting, my dealer never mentioned anything about my part ex value.

I've always treated the value of the part ex completely separately to the value of the new car anyway and the dealer shouldn't be buoying up this figure to make the new car look more attractive. When it comes to it the value of your part ex should be treated 'as is' and not held against the value of the car you're buying.

Of course this all works in theory but some dealers do give you a 'really good' price for your part ex but then knock next to nothing off the cost of the new car. If the cost of the new car suddenly plummets then that's their margin gone... not really your problem but there's more ways than one to skin a cat as they say.

I know all I care about is cost to change, like my previous post, the dealer is really pushing to get their demo out, I imagine before the VAT Free, as they will loose a big chunk of change, thats why they offered 6500 for their demo car or 4200 on the new build

Just a Quick update on the "deal" my dealers put together for the ex demo car.

I can buy a new one with the same spec, even down to wheels and colour, with the same spec for approx £14700.

This is guessing that the prices of the options go up £20-30 each and that they are not included in the vat offer, so no wounder they have been hasseling me this afternoon, why would you buy a ex demo car when you can get new for the same price!

If they offer another 1500-2000 off then we will take it lol

Yeah I went there as they had a demo car available, I am waiting for the dealer in town who do our servicing etc to get back with a deal.

The sales manager even had the cheek to say "I really want your car as it will sell well"

Lets see what happens, we can get a fully specced car for the original offer!

to my knowledge they haven't offered 'no VAT' on any vRS model?

Octy vRS from late 2009 to present...

Skoda Order form 2010

I've dug my order form out and re-read the small print on the rear

Section 7 (ii)

If the recommended price is reduced you will be notified of the amount of the reduction we intend to pass on to you. If the amount passed on to you is not the same as the reduction of the recommended price you have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of this notification. If you do not cancel the contract the reduced price will be the contract price.

But they're not reducing the RRP. It's just a time-limited discount on the list price; the small print will state that the RRP is still £X.

Just a quick update, spoke to a dealer who said that options are also included VAT Free

I seriously hope you're right matey as all other similar ads I've seen so far from other manufacturer's states that it doesn't include extras, delivery charge or anything else except the list price of the basic car.

On the other hand, if it does include the extras then that's over £1500 more in my back pocket when I pick the car up!!

asked mine again

"I haven't been made aware of any offers yet but I do know that a price increase is due on the fabia of 2% and the 2.5% vat increase"

shall i point him to this thread maybe it would help me get a discount :rofl:

Edited by daydotz

I seriously hope you're right matey as all other similar ads I've seen so far from other manufacturer's states that it doesn't include extras, delivery charge or anything else except the list price of the basic car.

On the other hand, if it does include the extras then that's over £1500 more in my back pocket when I pick the car up!!

the dealer also told me all the options were going to be VAT free as well

Hey,

i nearly ordered a new Fabia vRS in september, most of the options on it, race blue, chrome alloys, projection headlights, rear electric windows, black roof, climate control, front armrest, floor mats etc etc ...... Came in just under 17.5k, far too much.

Ordered the same spec car late december £14.7k ( £500 deposit) * no VAT on the options *,should be here in time for the new reg. Glad i waited.

Dealer had an ex demo (500miles) Race blue with climate and black wheels sold for 15K, saved money by ordering a brand new spanker, how mental is that?

My dealer told me the recomended basic price for the Fabia vRS is set to go up in the new year aswel, don't know how true that is.

Edited by JamesDensley

Hey,

i nearly ordered a new Fabia vRS in september, most of the options on it, race blue, chrome alloys, projection headlights, rear electric windows, black roof, climate control, front armrest, floor mats etc etc ...... Came in just under 17.5k, far too much.

Ordered the same spec car late december £14.7k ( £500 deposit) * no VAT on the options *,should be here in time for the new reg. Glad i waited.

Dealer had an ex demo (500miles) Race blue with climate and black wheels sold for 15K, saved money by ordering a brand new spanker, how mental is that?

My dealer told me the recomended basic price for the Fabia vRS is set to go up in the new year aswel, don't know how true that is.

I'd like to know where these dealers are getting their information from as regards the new VAT free offer.

My dealer 'reckons' they are well in the know as one of the managing directors of the company in the DM Keith group is on the board at the top level of Skoda UK and therefore finds out most info well in advance. Even so, he doesn't yet know (or didn't when I saw him last week) whether Skoda are offering the VAT free on both the car AND the options but thought it would probably be only on the car itself.

How can these other dealers be going so far as to give assurances that any deals they're doing on the Fabia vRS WILL include no VAT on the options as well as the car? In other words, how can you give something to your customers that hasn't been 100% confirmed yet?

Either this or my dealer isn't as clued up as he wants me to believe he is!

My car with all the options should come in at under £15k if the no VAT includes both car and options but the same car with options cost a fraction under £17.5k list price at the time of ordering in November (would be over £18k with the new rate of VAT)