Aussie spec vs UK Spec Octy's

Hi All,

Just thought id start a post in the differences between the UK and Aussie ones..

Some things ive noticed...

Here is the front of my car

Octy%20Front%201.jpg

Octy%20Front%202.jpg

And the back

Octy%20Back.jpg

The Bolero/columbus HU's you get are different to ours (not sure entirely)

Here is mine

Head%20Unit.jpg

the white maxidot looks different in yours to ours...

Here is mine

MFD.jpg

Is this the same as the one in the UK?

Also, the Aussies have a version (demo cars only) that are uprated. They call it the RS-P:

2-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

They are talking about relesing the car as the new LE version of the vRS.

"Power output has risen from the standard 147kW thanks to the adoption of a carbon fibre airbox and three-inch exhaust delivering around 155kW. Frankly the output feels substantially more. We hear suggestions that Skoda's workshop boys may have accidentally dropped an alternative engine map into the turbo 2.0-litre's ECU. If that's the case, the figure's probably closer to 200kW."

155Kw is 210Bhp, and the 200Kw is a much more merry 271Bhp, more like the Audi's, VW's and Seats with a similar engine setuo.

Edited by virusman26

As far as I know the actual options are the same it's just that here in Australia we get a lot of things standard that in the UK and Europe are chargeable extras.

Standard on the MY11 vRS in Australia includes

Rear wiper on hatch and wagon

Columbus sat/nav (with 30GB hard drive)

AC

Heated mirrors

Heated seats

Maxidot display

Large centre armrest/ storage bin with 3.5mm aux socket

Rear parking sensors

NZ models get even more they get as standard everything above except heated seats and Columbus (they get Bolero) plus

Xenon lights

Electric folding mirrors with auto dim and boarding spot lights

Front parking sensors

12 speakers

Bluetooth phone prep.

Edited by K1W1

Subtle difference on the Columbus for the discerning among us - On the Aussie one, third button from the top on the row on the right says "TMC", ours says "Traffic" :rofl:

My UK Columbus says TMC!

As far as I know the actual options are the same it's just that here in Australia we get a lot of things standard that in the UK and Europe are chargeable extras.

Standard on the MY11 vRS in Australia includes

Rear wiper on hatch and wagon

Columbus sat/nav (with 30GB hard drive)

AC

Heated mirrors

Heated seats

Maxidot display

Large centre armrest/ storage bin with 3.5mm aux socket

Rear parking sensors

NZ models get even more they get as standard everything above except heated seats and Columbus (they get Bolero) plus

Xenon lights

Electric folding mirrors with auto dim and boarding spot lights

Front parking sensors

12 speakers

Bluetooth phone prep.

Options are different in the UK. We can't get electric folding mirrors at all. Not even by paying extra. Humph.

Also, the Aussies have a version (demo cars only) that are uprated. They call it the RS-P:

2-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

They are talking about relesing the car as the new LE version of the vRS.

"Power output has risen from the standard 147kW thanks to the adoption of a carbon fibre airbox and three-inch exhaust delivering around 155kW. Frankly the output feels substantially more. We hear suggestions that Skoda's workshop boys may have accidentally dropped an alternative engine map into the turbo 2.0-litre's ECU. If that's the case, the figure's probably closer to 200kW."

155Kw is 210Bhp, and the 200Kw is a much more merry 271Bhp, more like the Audi's, VW's and Seats with a similar engine setuo.

Isn't 155Kw what the Golf Mk 6 GTi has with the TSi engine? I would have thought a software update would have acheived that easier than the new hardware.

Heated seats ? Just the thing in Oz ;)

My thoughts as well be it seems to be something fat Aussies are wanting more and more on all sorts of cars. After all where I live the temp does drop down to 3 or 4 degrees C at least maybe 3 days a year! :)

On the same basis I can actually see a use for them in NZ and surprise, surprise they are an option you have to pay for.

Options are different in the UK. We can't get electric folding mirrors at all. Not even by paying extra. Humph.

we don't get that option at all here in oz too.

yet the neighbors (nz) can!!

heated seats - it does get cold here in oz. nowhere near as cold as u folks in the northern hemisphere though!!!

It's currently -10 here in Scotland, and I can confirm my Aussie wife insists on heated seats!

Her mum told us yesterday that she was too hot, back home in Brisbane :rofl:

Edited by pixor