I Used To Like Deer.....

.....But I dont anymore!

The New Year has started well, one dead deer and a cracked bumper!

I got away pretty lightly really, good job it was only a Muntjac and not the Exmoor Emperor.

A little bit of pud and paint should sort the damage out.

It also smashed the front bumper lower outer grill, so I will need a new one of those, anyone know roughly how much they are from a dealer?

.....But I dont anymore!

I got away pretty lightly really, good job it was only a Muntjac and not the Exmoor Emperor.

It also smashed the front bumper lower outer grill, so I will need a new one of those, anyone know roughly how much they are from a dealer?

Did you keep the deer and put in your freezer.

Your right that you got off lightly, I remember seeing a 5 series hit a deer infront of me about 5 years ago, I suspect his car was a right off....

I cant really complain, it could have been alot worse, and I feel sorry for the deer, it was only a young one with its mum! :'(

Just noticed that the fog light is flopping around in its socket, hopefully just needs pushing back home, not sure how they are attached to be honest.

Not sure how to post pictures, have posted the url of the photo from Facebook, not sure if it will work or not though.

Did you keep the deer and put in your freezer.

Nope, I thought you wernt supposed to pick up a deer if you had run it over, but the next person who comes along and finds it can?

Some sort of ancient English law.

Not much meat on a baby Muntjac anyway.

I cant really complain, it could have been alot worse, and I feel sorry for the deer, it was only a young one with its mum! :'(

Felt sorry for the deer? I can't say I did when I hit one on my motorbike, hurt like hell and I had to buy all new kit and fix the bike.

Horrible stupid bloody animals, they would have been wiped out long ago if Lord and Lady pointy-head didn't keep breeding the sodding things. I wish they were tagged, so that if you did hit one, you could get the toffs to pay for it.

If I started breeding lions and released them, I'm pretty sure someone would be annoyed at me, so christ knows why its acceptable to release deer and have the ****ers cause road accidents.

Edited by luke_a

Felt sorry for the deer? I can't say I did when I hit one on my motorbike, hurt like hell and I had to buy all new kit and fix the bike.

Horrible stupid bloody animals, they would have been wiped out long ago if Lord and Lady pointy-head didn't keep breeding the sodding things. I wish they were tagged, so that if you did hit one, you could get the toffs to pay for it.

If I started breeding lions and released them, I'm pretty sure someone would be annoyed at me, so christ knows why its acceptable to release deer and have the ****ers cause road accidents.

I can understand your feelings towards them after causing you to come off your bike, I used to ride so can understand why you would be hacked off.

I also didnt realise that deer were bread and released, but they were here before us!

One solution, bring back wolves! ( another can of worms opened) :thumbup:

.....But I dont anymore!

You were lucky.

I hit a Muntjac deer a few years ago in my Fabia.

It not only destroyed the front bumper but also the power steering pump (behind the n/s foglight) and a few other bits. Repair bill was c.£1,600! :(

They should be classed as vermin. Next time try to power slide through a whole host of them.

They sort of are, im a shooter and whilst not a deer shooter, I know there is no open or close season for Muntjac.

I did think of getting out the car at the time and finishing it off "inbetweener fish style"

You were lucky.

I hit a Muntjac deer a few years ago in my Fabia.

It not only destroyed the front bumper but also the power steering pump (behind the n/s foglight) and a few other bits. Repair bill was c.£1,600! :(

Ouch, I consider myself very lucky!