You know your obsessed when..

In winter.

Its that dirty and grubby outside.

You don't wanna get your mats dirty.

On your side or any passengers.

So you buy some rubber mats to go over your mats..Yes mats for your mats!

Sad but thats me.. Please tell me someone else does it :giggle:

I do the same!

Had some carpet ones in there, then had a brainwave and remembered I had the old rubber ones from my Fabia in the loft, checked they fitted and put them in.

So I too have matts for my matts!B)

I had original skoda rubber mats for winter and the carpet ones for summer.

Same for the audi, although the rubber ones are still in the garage. (have the thicker exclusive carpets still in the car. Much comfier)

Ah.. Its refreshing to know that I'm not the only one in obsessive cleanliness annoymous.

I know I have a problem. I'm trying to sort it. But god it feels good to have a 'cleaner than showroom' motor.. :rofl:

I wish I'd did this before the snow. My mats are still really damp. Rubber mats will be bought asap incase we get more snow!! B)

On another note, I'd usually give the car a quick vacuum out every other night and a quick dusting, just to keep it nice and clean inside. Haven't done it lately because it's been to wet. I just use a black and decker hand held vacuum that plugs into the cigar lighter socket.

Good job.

J

Ah.. Its refreshing to know that I'm not the only one in obsessive cleanliness annoymous.I know I have a problem. I'm trying to sort it. But god it feels good to have a 'cleaner than showroom' motor.. :rofl:
Have you gone for counselling yet? ;)

I need to get some eBay mats

Original vRS mats are totally crap!!

Agreed.. I have a hole coming in my drivers one where my heel would be... after 7.5k Kilometersemoticon-0124-worried.gif

When I go fishing I put down paper squares, you get them from ebay then chuck 'em when you get back. Kids also like to use them with crayons! I also have seat covers with vRS on them in case I have mud/fish slime on me.

...and don't forget to inform your insurers that you have fitted winter mats :giggle:

LOL you jest but that will be next as rubber mats will be classed as a mod!

I need to get some rubber mats for mine - how much for 4 OEM mats?

I have summer and winter mats for the Bora but have only just put the rubber mats in! The carpet ones are hanging in the garage to dry after I jet washed them last week!

Yep! I did the same......bought the rubber ones when I picked the car up on the first day and put them over the vRS ones-which is just as well as all the bits of snow etc ended up as small puddles which stayed within the matts as they have lips all the way round. (I should take the textile matts off as the rubber ones slip around a bit -but can't bring myself to take them out as I think they add to the poor sound proofing!)

You know you have a problem when you carry a small paint brush in the side pocket of the door to clean the dust of the instruments & buttons & air filters when in a traffic jam. Not me of course. Er, I have a friend that does this. 1 inch brush, soft bristle, is ideal, the cheap ones from B & Q drop their bristles too easily.... or so he tells me.

I bought 2 wooly carpet mats, you know the really long curly thread ones for in the house in black. Cut them in 2 and got my mum to stitch down the cut side. Looks like they were made that size.

Anybody steps in the BMW they get nice warm wooly carpet to sink their feet into. Stole the idea off a guy running a bentley for wedding hire.

Only in summer mind, winter it's heavy duty rubber affairs. Mad to try and keep carpet clean in this weather, just ruins them.