Yeti steering wheels - Advice sought ?

Ajhas

I am close to placing an order for a new Yeti 1.8TSi Elegance 4 x 4 . Petrol rather than diesel because I do a lot of short trips and only total around 5000 miles a year.

Scare stories about DPF problems and dual mass flywheels have put me off diesel a bit . ( along with the extremely long current delivery time on diesels !)

My question is about the standard 4 spoke steering wheel provided with the elegance package versus the optional 3 spoke wheel at an extra £ 155 . What is the actual functional difference

that warrants the £155 extra cost ? . Does the 3 spoke wheel provide some additional features or ?. My question is a little similar to one raised by MAFFA today.

Incidentally I think my colour choice will be Cappuccino Metallic with Gobi Sand Leather trim.

Really looking forward to becoming a Yeti family member !

Thanks for any help you can give me on above

I found the gaps between the spokes a bit small on the 4-spoke. Since you spend an awful lot of time with your hands on it, if I ever order a new one its an option I'd go for.

Edited by Cap'n Buxton

I chose the 3 spoke because I drive with my hands at 20 past 8 alot on the wheel ,so the 4 spoke was out.At the end of the day it's just personal preference . Oh and the 4 spoke is free....... :giggle:

I chose the 3 spoke because I drive with my hands at 20 past 8 alot on the wheel ,so the 4 spoke was out.At the end of the day it's just personal preference . Oh and the 4 spoke is free....... :giggle:

+1

3-spoke is much more suitable for me, gaps in 4spoke are small to fit hands during long journeys @8:20 position ...

Judging by that pic........... does that mean i can retrofit paddles and switch gear?.

My 3 spoke is plain as a donut.

Oh and the 3 spoke is much nicer to hold, far more sporty than the 4 spoke.

Yey another example of poor marketing/product description by SUK?

Still waiting for the RRP denouement :rofl: I've already got my pension so I hope it beats the undertaker.....

Isn't "SPOKE" a funny word?

You know - when you see it written down a lot, or say it a lot it begins to sound daft.

Three spoke, four spoke, we all spoke at once....... Hmmm, must go take them tablets, thats what the Doc said when he spoke to me.

It is normal to pay extra for extra and not more for less. :no: On that basis the 3 spoke should be standard fit and the 4 spoke optional at extra cost. Perhaps it's time we 'spoke' up. :giggle:

Nice one! Totally agree - to my mind the 3-spoke wheel looks much smarter, but why should we pay extra for it?

It is my impression that the 3-spoke wheel seems a bit thicker and the thumbrests are definately bigger.

I'll confirm this as I have the three spoke wheel. It is definitely 'fatter' with notable thumb rests/niche.

Its similar to the wheel used on the Octavia vRS and very much for the 'sporty driver. ;)

Erm,

I have the 4 spoke, no choice as it was a dealer order car ( & an Octavia)

BUT

It is one of the few options I would feel strongly about as I simply cannot get comfortable with the 4 spoke wheel, not enough room for my (small) hands at my preferred position.

For this reason I now unfortunately drive most of the time without feeling "comfortable"

Always fidgiting as a result.

Keeps me awake thoughI suppose

Erm,

I have the 4 spoke, no choice as it was a dealer order car ( & an Octavia)

BUT

It is one of the few options I would feel strongly about as I simply cannot get comfortable with the 4 spoke wheel, not enough room for my (small) hands at my preferred position.

For this reason I now unfortunately drive most of the time without feeling "comfortable"

Always fidgiting as a result.

Keeps me awake thoughI suppose

Solution? Get your dealer to acquire and retro-fit the three spoke wheel.

Simples; eek!

Eek

Bahnstormer

But

That ud cost me

:rofl:

I might yet though, consider it leastwise.

The four spoke you take out will have some eBay value too as there will be people out there wanting to upgrade cars without a multi-function steering wheel... So the cost could be a tiny but less than you thought!