New Sub Install

korban

I had made a custom sub install about a year ago but unfortunately I found it lacking a bit of bass !

Old Sub install
VRS_SE01.jpg

Recently I purchased a new amplified sub, a Pioneer TS-WX77A which gave me great bass and took up little space in the boot !
Boot1.jpg

You can put luggage on it etc but it looked very untidy compared to my old setup.

So put a bit of time and effort into it and it now looks like this
Boot2.jpg

Complete with hidden storage compartment
Boot3.jpg

The whole setup can be easily removed from the car in under 3 Min's for access to spare wheel or just to have move room in the boot.

Comments or criticisms welcome

Hope you like Karl emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• Like 2

Looks pretty decent that! Surprised something that small can give much bass really.

Not a fan on the black-Lexus style lights mind you.

Doesn't bounce the car but at 100 watts RMS better than my old 50 watts :giggle:

As for the Lexus lights they will be going shortly, changing back to original but with custom led install

Karl :thumbup:

• Like 1

That's nice and tidy - the WX77A is an impressive bit of kit - is it a big improvement on what you had before? What amp were you running previously, oh and I don't suppose your old sub-box is for sale is it :giggle:

sorry to go off topic, have you got a miltek?

Nah not a Miltek, just had a Mufflerectomy :giggle:

That's the only decent tip they had instock :thumbup:

That's nice and tidy - the WX77A is an impressive bit of kit - is it a big improvement on what you had before? What amp were you running previously, oh and I don't suppose your old sub-box is for sale is it :giggle:

Thanks KR MAN was running a Kenwood KSC-WA82RC which I rehoused in a custom mdf enclosure. The Kenwood is now gone but I still have the MDF enclosure. :thumbup:

Karl

I'm getting a JL 12W3V2 for very cheap off a guy locally and it comes with a wheel well box. Problem is that i still need to take a spare wheel. My plan is to try and build a box that will go inside the spare wheel itself as it's a full size 17", or to get a space saver and put the box on top of the space saver. Will put the Jack into a velcro bag above the arch or something. Will see how I get on. Your solution looks good though.

Very smart! I seem to recall that on this model you wire everything in to one plug which goes straight in to the box, rather than wiring the live, earth, remote etc. In all separately which seems a great idea for taking it out in a hurry. Did you get a wired remote control too for adjustments? Where have you mounted it if you did?

Marc

Very neat looking install. :)

I may have to copy it. :D

With the seats down, I assume it provides a smoother load area floor. It's always been a PITA trying to load big stuff in the boot trying to get it over the bump caused by the rear seat backs. (Yes I know they're removable but they are flatter give some protection to what's under them).

I s'pose the lower mountings for the boot nets are now buried? Shame, as I find them dead useful.

J.

Thanks KR MAN was running a Kenwood KSC-WA82RC which I rehoused in a custom mdf enclosure. The Kenwood is now gone but I still have the MDF enclosure. :thumbup:

Karl

Would you be interested in selling the custom enclosure??

I'm getting a JL 12W3V2 for very cheap off a guy locally and it comes with a wheel well box. Problem is that i still need to take a spare wheel. My plan is to try and build a box that will go inside the spare wheel itself as it's a full size 17", or to get a space saver and put the box on top of the space saver. Will put the Jack into a velcro bag above the arch or something. Will see how I get on. Your solution looks good though.

Thanks Dougie,

There is a German site you might want to look at which should give you some ideas Here :thumbup:

Very smart! I seem to recall that on this model you wire everything in to one plug which goes straight in to the box, rather than wiring the live, earth, remote etc. In all separately which seems a great idea for taking it out in a hurry. Did you get a wired remote control too for adjustments? Where have you mounted it if you did?

Marc

Thanks Marc,

No there are two plugs one for power and signal and the other for the remote which is under the handbrake at the moment. :thumbup:

Very neat looking install. :)

I may have to copy it. :D

With the seats down, I assume it provides a smoother load area floor. It's always been a PITA trying to load big stuff in the boot trying to get it over the bump caused by the rear seat backs. (Yes I know they're removable but they are flatter give some protection to what's under them).

I s'pose the lower mountings for the boot nets are now buried? Shame, as I find them dead useful.

J.

Thanks J.

Yes it is a flat floor now as for the mounts

Boot4.jpg

If you look at this later pic you will see that I have fix some chrome D rings to replace them. :thumbup:

nice expensive though considering my fusion twin 12" active sub was 100 quid brand new lol

Thanks felix,

Only paid £160 secondhand but in excellent condition, Didn't want my ears blown off and also needed boot space, bet your sound great, but most probably fill the boot. :thumbup:

Would you be interested in selling the custom enclosure??

Hi KR MAN,

Will get some pic for you to look at first, iirc it takes an 8" sub. :thumbup:

Thanks Dougie,

There is a German site you might want to look at which should give you some ideas Here :thumbup:

Thanks mate, that's really interesting to have a look at! Even if babelfish makes it more difficult to understand than just reading in german :0

As I have a 17" full size alloy wheel I'll have a little more inner diameter than that guy has with the 15" or 16" steel the german chap seems to have. As I'm trying to avoid coming above floor level and building a false floor I'll have to try it with just 30l rather than the ideal 34.5l capacity, that or I'll just make a very thin false floor to get an extra few litres and create a compartment for the jack and stuff to go in... The plan is to try and do it with fibreglass to reduce the wall thickness and increase the volume but brace it well inside and cover the inside in sound deadening. Will try and get a little class D amp to run it from. As and when I get it done I'll post up a little thread.

Doesn't bounce the car but at 100 watts RMS better than my old 50 watts :giggle:

As for the Lexus lights they will be going shortly, changing back to original but with custom led install

Karl :thumbup:

You need my Alpine Type R Sub and Alpine MRD605 amp then, sub does 500watts rms and the amp can do 600watts rms. :D

My setup is huge compared to that! Nice to see a nice compact setup! I'm running a 2000W RMS Digital Mono Vibe Black-widow amp (£990 when I bought it new!!!) An 1620w rated Infinity sub in a custom litred box - give some serious thump from a 12" Sub.

• 1 year later...

<p>An impressive install, The quality of your work looks superb. I like the fact that it's invisible and you still have a boot.

I may have to copy this myself.

One question, does the TS-WX77A get hot, have you had to provide any additional ventilation?

The manual states not to place anything on top of it, to prevent air flow through the unit (even though the promotional photos show otherwise!)</p>

• 8 years later...
7 hours ago, dominikjg24 said:

Hello, have you got some photos of making this sub box? How much capacity it has? 

This thread is EIGHT years old, you won't get a reply, try starting your own new thread if you need help.

• 4 months later...