Post your trip 2 figures!

TeebsVRS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reset trip 2 every time I fill up a tank of fuel. Usually see average 28mpg (250 miles to a tank).

So how is your average so low ?

What actual speed do you drive at ?

Even when pushing on, i dont think i've averaged anything less than mid 30's, and your is the same spec as mine.

Are you flat out everywhere ?

But back on topic, last week i averaged 72mpg on my trip, but average speed was in low 40's mph lol :(

I only have current mpg and average mpg. Is that right? I just cycle through on right level on end like all VAG stuff.

Does it say 1 in the corner? There's a button on the bottom of that stork which changes it to 2, there's two counters on there you can use independently if it's the same as the vRS.

The bottom of teh stork is the reset on mine and all VAG stuff I have owned. (Passat, Roco, golf, Fabia). Is the VRS different from my poverty SDI?

Cheers buddy that might be what I am doing wrong, if this is same on my other cars I feel a right prat for not realising this for YEARS! :giggle:

Mine's around 47mpg over around 1200 miles. It's cold out and I don't want to get cold just to get some numbers. :)

What's interesting is how trip 1 and trip 2 differ. If you do longer journeys (50miles +), then trip 1 becomes ever more optimistic, if you motorway drive. Trip 2 should average the lot, including all of those cold morning starts.

J.

Mine's around 47mpg over around 1200 miles. It's cold out and I don't want to get cold just to get some numbers. :)

What's interesting is how trip 1 and trip 2 differ. If you do longer journeys (50miles +), then trip 1 becomes ever more optimistic, if you motorway drive. Trip 2 should average the lot, including all of those cold morning starts.

J.

To be honest I don't trust anything the OBC says. I consistently get 42-45mpg calculated figures but it magically says I'm getting 58mpg. :dull:

Anymore average speeds to report folks?