The Skoda 'Black Hole' ordering system

Ordered a Fabia Estate 105PS CR Elegance on 3rd December and was told 12 - 16 weeks delivery. That's 14 weeks now and the dealer has never had a build date. He has been very good at checking for me and despite both of us phoning Skoda UK we cannot find out why it has been delayed.

Now I understand that there can be production problems but is it to much to ask for a reason why they cannot keep to the original quoted time? Does anybody else feel that Skoda is being unreasonable in the way it is treating customers. At the moment I am not one of their manufactured happy drivers!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I somewhat agree, think their ordering system is a bit state of the arc. It would appear that the dealers manually provide the orders to Skoda UK and they input them on the CZ ordering system.

We ordered our car at the end of Jan, had a build week (20) and has now disappeared back off of the system. No explanation like build progression or delay. Likewise our dealer is also very good at keeping us in the loop but it would appear buying a new Skoda is a little like playing the lottery, some order their cars and turn up in a few weeks, other order cars and they take nearly 6 months.

We bought a new VW Polo 3 years ago, that was in UK stock and was with us within 2 weeks. Appreciate all Skoda's are factory orders now but its all a bit backwards and the lead times do suck.

Ordered a Fabia Estate 105PS CR Elegance on 3rd December and was told 12 - 16 weeks delivery. That's 14 weeks now and the dealer has never had a build date. He has been very good at checking for me and despite both of us phoning Skoda UK we cannot find out why it has been delayed.

Now I understand that there can be production problems but is it to much to ask for a reason why they cannot keep to the original quoted time? Does anybody else feel that Skoda is being unreasonable in the way it is treating customers. At the moment I am not one of their manufactured happy drivers!

Hi rkenny,

As you'll see from my earlier post I'm in a similar position myself, though admittedly have ordered a vRS Estate (less lead time) and havent had my order in as long as you.

If I were you I would complain to the dealer that its unacceptable that they are unable to find out what is going on with your build. I would threaten to cancel the order and demand the return of your deposit and say you will take your business elsewhere.

I've just had a moan at our dealer about exactly the same thing, all I want to know is roughly when the car will be built; dont think its too much to ask!

+1

I ordered a new vRS at beginning of Jan 2011 and was initially quoted 20 weeks. This then changed to week 18 then 12 and finally week 8 which was end Feb beginning March (good news so far then). I know the car was built but apparently its been stuck in 'a port' in the UK for the last week. The dealer doesn't know which port or how long its going to be there before release. He also doesn't really want to commit to a timeframe of when how long it will take for the initial checks to be done once it arrives at the dealership. I seem to be chasing Skoda for anwswers on a regular basis.

Compare this to a few years ago when I ordered and spec'd a new Rover MG ZR. I was told iniaially it would be 6 weeks and following updates regularly from the dealer 6 weeks later (almost to the day) i picked up the new car.

When you consider MG were going bust at the time and that at the moment Skoda top the charts for quality and customer satisfaction it seems the two buying experiences should be reversed???!!!

Edited by FOX1429

+1

I ordered a new vRS at beginning of Jan 2011 and was initially quoted 20 weeks. This then changed to week 18 then 12 and finally week 8 which was end Feb beginning March (good news so far then). I know the car was built but apparently its been stuck in 'a port' in the UK for the last week. The dealer doesn't know which port or how long its going to be there before release. He also doesn't really want to commit to a timeframe of when how long it will take for the initial checks to be done once it arrives at the dealership. I seem to be chasing Skoda for anwswers on a regular basis.

Compare this to a few years ago when I ordered and spec'd a new Rover MG ZR. I was told iniaially it would be 6 weeks and following updates regularly from the dealer 6 weeks later (almost to the day) i picked up the new car.

When you consider MG were going bust at the time and that at the moment Skoda top the charts for quality and customer satisfaction it seems the two buying experiences should be reversed???!!!

Hi fox1429,

Did your vehicle disappear from the ordering system when the build week was changed? Ours was confirmed as week 20, has dropped off the system and has yet to reappear. Should I really assume this is probably a good thing (most likely moving the build forward)? I know it can go either way but just interested to know if the very same thing happened to you.

Cheers

Paul

Hi fox1429,

Did your vehicle disappear from the ordering system when the build week was changed? Ours was confirmed as week 20, has dropped off the system and has yet to reappear. Should I really assume this is probably a good thing (most likely moving the build forward)? I know it can go either way but just interested to know if the very same thing happened to you.

Cheers

Paul

Im not sure to be honest. When the dates were brought forward the dealer said for a day or two that he didn't know what was happening then come friday (this is when he gets the updates apparently) he told me it had been brought forward. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate that yours is brought forward too.

I still dont believe my car is in 'a port' to be honest. Wouldnt supprise me if the dealler was saying this to get me off his back! He'll prob say there's a hold up in the port for a few weeks (until the actual car really arrives??) - Am I a bit cynical - Probably. Just sick of waiting.

Edited by FOX1429

yeah - first time I've ordered a brand new car, and can't say the experience has been particularly positive.

not the dealer's fault, but it's nevertheless not OK (as far as I'm concerned) to tell your customers that you basically don't have a clue when they'll see the car they've ordered.

Literally the only reason I've not gone elsewhere is the 20% off deal. If it weren't for that I'd have bought the Seat equivalent instead.

yeah - first time I've ordered a brand new car, and can't say the experience has been particularly positive.

not the dealer's fault, but it's nevertheless not OK (as far as I'm concerned) to tell your customers that you basically don't have a clue when they'll see the car they've ordered.

Literally the only reason I've not gone elsewhere is the 20% off deal. If it weren't for that I'd have bought the Seat equivalent instead.

i ordered my roomster on the 19th march i will see my dealer on sat to ask them if they have heard enythink yet

they told me 16 weeks will shall see

i ordered my roomster on the 19th march i will see my dealer on sat to ask them if they have heard enythink yet

they told me 16 weeks will shall see

That's nearly a year ago. Are you having it gold plated?

There is an online skoda website, you bung in a couple of details and it looks you order up and gives you the info, you dont even need to go to the dealer. Its been linked to a few times on here over the last few weeks.

http://www.trackmyskoda.co.uk/

There has, and its common knowledge if you read our other forums been a major delay on diesels due to engine supply/demand and some have been waiting for Superbs and Yetis for 6 months or more and its why Skoda removed the VAT Free offer from diesel engines to reduce the demand. Petrols are coming through a lot faster now,

There is an online skoda website, you bung in a couple of details and it looks you order up and gives you the info, you dont even need to go to the dealer. Its been linked to a few times on here over the last few weeks.

http://www.trackmyskoda.co.uk/

There has, and its common knowledge if you read our other forums been a major delay on diesels due to engine supply/demand and some have been waiting for Superbs and Yetis for 6 months or more and its why Skoda removed the VAT Free offer from diesel engines to reduce the demand. Petrols are coming through a lot faster now,

has enybody triled this online status checker and does it work

Im not sure to be honest. When the dates were brought forward the dealer said for a day or two that he didn't know what was happening then come friday (this is when he gets the updates apparently) he told me it had been brought forward. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you mate that yours is brought forward too.

I still dont believe my car is in 'a port' to be honest. Wouldnt supprise me if the dealler was saying this to get me off his back! He'll prob say there's a hold up in the port for a few weeks (until the actual car really arrives??) - Am I a bit cynical - Probably. Just sick of waiting.

Cheers mate, likewise hope your car arrives soon. I'm thinking of trying that trackmyskoda website if it works and people on here can vouch for it. I guess you have to get the SLI no from the dealer.

As the OP many thanks for the support and suggestions! Can I stress the point that we know how to check the system - the dealer does it on a daily basis! My main gripe is to do with the 'Black Hole' I mentioned - nobody at Skoda UK seems to know why there is a delay. You put the order in and hopefully get a build week and if you do that's fine. However I have never had a build week and it would be nice to know what is happening. We can specualate all we like about diesel engines being in short supply but Greenline 2 cars are coming through.

No, I don't think it unreasonable for me to expect that some one in the UK should be able to go to my order and see why there is a delay and be able to feed it back to me/dealer. I will have chat to the dealer and see if he agrees that I get in touch via [email protected] - many thanks tofu! I want to keep on the right side of the dealer.

I ordered my Fabia Estate 105PS CR Elegance a week before you with a provisional build of week 9 and handover early April.

My build was brought forward to week 6 with expected availability 3-4 weeks later.

However the car must have virtually rolled off the production line onto the transport as delivered to my dealer last week.

This has caused me a problem as I will not have finances for balance due to the dealer for another 10 days plus need to have sale of my current car sorted as that funds part of the balance to pay.

The dealer fortunately is sympathetic.

Based on this your build should have been week 7 or 8 so now built and either awaiting shipping to UK or on the way.

Did you order any options?

That might affect the build week but no excuse for no trace on the system for your order.

Ordered my vrs on feb 21st and have just been told that it will be delivered around the end of April/start of May.

That's interesting, I ordered on the 26th and was told on Tuesday that it was down for build week 18. Going by yours it might come forward a bit.

Genuinely cannot believe the difference in order to delivery times people are experiencing. We ordered ours on 30th Jan, had a build date with delivery expected end of May early June and now dont. However there are people having ordered their car a long while after mine who are due to take delivery much sooner. I appreciate there are always going to be issues surrounding different models and body styles but surely there is an element of 1st come 1st serve in the system. From what I can tell there doesnt seem to be!

Mine is just a Vrs hatch in blue with black roof and black wheels. Maybe due to it being low on extras it was pushed further on. I bet the new updates on the fabia has alot to do with it.

Seems to be totally down to luck of the draw and a totally shocking ordering system :(. Im hoping that im a lucky one and it comes early or within the estimated time period..