Any sign of MY12 specs for the Superb yet...?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car delivered in November MY11 had upgraded BT. The Columbus disc however was out of date but the dealer ordered a brand new V.7 FOC

Oh, and no brolly.

Phil

My car delivered in November MY11 had upgraded BT. The Columbus disc however was out of date but the dealer ordered a brand new V.7 FOC

Oh, and no brolly.

Phil

On the Skoda website the unmbrella is listed as standard on SE models and above. I hope and expect to find one in mine when it arrives and shall make a fuss if it isn't there.

I got my Superb in Serbia, and was surprised it had umbrella. I thought they canceled that and make it as option. However, I didn't get any requires equipment (replacing bulbs, fuses, first aid triangle...), and I see that in spare wheel compartment there is lot of prepared compartments for such things :( My after market set won;t probably fit in :(

The brolly is on the wrong side for us in the UK.

phil

But not for our passengers alighting the vehicle on the nearside, adjacent to the kerb... I think if it was meant for the driver it would have been in the front door, like the Passat. I mean... his Lordship/her Ladyship isn't going to be bothered if the chauffeur gets wet :giggle:

The brolly is on the wrong side for us in the UK.

phil

It is actually on the passenger side irrespective of the car being LHD or RHD, as confirmed by a few LHD owners :thumbup:

The brolly is for the passengers - not the chauffeur :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Skoda App on the iPhone makes reference to... wait for it... "ventilated front seats" :rofl: Can't see them ever coming to the UK though!!

As far as it goes with the "ventilated seats" they could've also called them as "vacuum seats". As the air is sucked into and not blown out of the seat. :rofl:

As far as it goes with the "ventilated seats" they could've also called them as "vacuum seats". As the air is sucked into and not blown out of the seat. :rofl:

Isn't that stupid regarding dust and such?

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent news on the Luxon wheels - i have winter's on them and the look great!

Al.

Just picked up a brochure from the local dealer near my other home in Sweden.

Big picture of the Combi on Luxons. :wub:B)

Another decision ticked off the list.

The changes below will apply to all Superb models built from week 22 (30 May 2011) unless

otherwise stated, this is for UK models.

Columbus satellite navigation

It will be possible to enter seven-digit postcodes into the Columbus satellite navigation system. Map data will be loaded on to the internal hard drives, rather than being issued on DVDs, and there will be different colours for the fastest, shortest and most economical routes.

Alloy wheel changes

Callisto 17-inch alloy wheels will no longer be available as an option on S and SE. Laurel 17-inch

alloys will replace them at the same recommended retail price (RRP). Luna 18-inch alloy wheels will no longer be available as an option on Elegance. Luxon 18-inch

alloys will replace them at the same RRP.

Windscreen glass

Sun shading on windsreens will have a less gradual fade, as illustrated below.

Instrument panel

New symbols for the handbrake and power steering will be used on dashboard instrument panels,

Renaming of ESP to ESC on trip computer.

ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) will change to ESC (Electronic Stability Control) on trip

computer displays.

Colour changes

Storm blue metallic will not be available from week 16 (18 April) and will be replaced by Petrol blue

metallic from week 26 (27 June).

Amazonian green metallic will not be available from week 27 (4 July) and will be replaced by

Regency green metallic from week 35 (29 August).

I had a message the other day saying wood decor will no longer be available for my Elegance Greenline Estate - whenever it gets built!

They weren't sure whether it was just the Greenline or all versions.

Edited by DH- Leeds

Will they be changing the brochure for any changes when ordering or is it down to the dealer to tell you when ordering if they want to

I jut read the following on the skoda iPhone app

Interesting stuff from the geneva motorshow too about new logo and design concepts. Worth a look if you've not seen it already

--------------

Carefully prepared added value: the 2012 model year

The aim of the work on the 2012 models of both Superb bodies has been to enhance the attractiveness of their design and comfort. The new Laurel (17”) and Luxon (18”) alloy wheels, designed specifically for the Superb, have played a part in the car’s visual revival. The elegance of the vehicle is underscored by the new metallic Malachite Green and Lava Blue.

In the interior, the new optional ventilated front seats will provide maximum comfort. This exemplary level of comfort is sure to be appreciated during the hot summer months by owners of either body version, regardless of whether they are travelling for miles or just down the road. The optional dual sun visors for the driver and front passenger allow for even better protection against glare. 

During long trips, rear passengers can enjoy themselves thanks to the optional DVD player preparation with two screens on the backs of the front seats. In addition, from the 2012 model year, the upgraded Amundsen+ navigation system with factory-installed maps will be available for the Superb. Customers will be able to take their pick of two versions of maps: Eastern and Central Europe or Western and Central Europe. The navigation device also features a CD player and radio, which can optionally be complemented with digital DAB radio reception and a Bluetooth module for handsfree phoning while driving.

I had a message the other day saying wood decor will no longer be available for my Elegance Greenline Estate - whenever it gets built!

They weren't sure whether it was just the Greenline or all versions.

As of 4/1/2011 this is only available on the SE and Elegance now, likewise the SE and Elegance also now get the umbrella as std again :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm this changes.

I made an order 2 months ago and i have to wait 6 months until the delivery.

And i changed the order to have ventilated seats and dual sun visors.

So the persons that order and the car didn't went to production can change the order :p

As of 4/1/2011 this is only available on the SE and Elegance now, likewise the SE and Elegance also now get the umbrella as std again :thumbup:

Yesterday, I had a Greenline SE Estate on demo from Skoda UK and confirm the door mounted umbrella was present.

I can confirm this changes.

I made an order 2 months ago and i have to wait 6 months until the delivery.

And i changed the order to have ventilated seats and dual sun visors.

So the persons that order and the car didn't went to production can change the order :p

I ordered my car from a local dealership a month ago using the MY11 Jan 2011 brochure, but car will (hopefully) be built in MY12 (August).

Elegance Estate 2.0 170 PS DSG (wanted Storm Blue - not available, changed to Petrol Blue - now cancelled and changed to Amethyst; wanted Luna alloys - not available, changed to Themisto)

I've since got a PDF copy of the new Superb brochure (valid 1/6/2011).

Some of the MY12 spec is not available in the UK yet, specifically the ventilated seats and dual sun visor. I asked my dealer about the ventilated seats (not really interested in the dual sun visor) and got this reply..

I have been on the phone to Skoda to find out the exact situation for you. They have not been released into the UK market as yet and as soon as I have release date I will let you know with all details and hopefully it will be before your car is fixed for a build date.

With the exception of the colours and wheels, and the addition of the SE Plus, both brochures read word-for-word the same for spec/options.

I notice the base prices have gone up slightly too, whilst optionals remain the same price. Glad I got my order in last month

Here in romania the MY2012 can be order from 29.04.2011

you can see the prices and option here : http://skoda.ro/files/docs/price/multi_pricelists/96.pdf

but it is in Romanian.. the prices are in euro

PHB - Tapiterie Glamour (piele & piele artificiala) cu scaune fata ventilate, suport pahare in cotiera spate (Glamour upholstery (leather & artificial leather) with ventilated front seats, cup holder in rear armrest)

and

5XG Parasolare duble sofer & pasager, cu oglinda make-up, fara iluminare(dual sun visor without lighting)

I can confirm , because i sow in the skoda aplication under my order specs the PHB and 5XG options.

The problem is with this options added or without i have an estimation delivery on week 47 :)

Ordered a Sprb in the beginning of May with vent. seats and dbl sun-visors as thought they'd be a good idea to try out.

It was actually as soon as they appeared in the system. Got the quote end of April.

Oh and got the Lunas as well as they seemed to be the most sensible choice B)

Edited by Jannesm

Some of the MY12 spec is not available in the UK yet, specifically the ventilated seats and dual sun visor. I asked my dealer about the ventilated seats (not really interested in the dual sun visor) and got this reply..

I have been on the phone to Skoda to find out the exact situation for you. They have not been released into the UK market as yet and as soon as I have release date I will let you know with all details and hopefully it will be before your car is fixed for a build date.

Me now very happy. Me now told can have ventilated seats. £450 option.

• 3 weeks later...

Basically you have to accept the new spec because in all the brochures they have the small print stating to the effect that Skoda reserve the right to change specification without notice. This is the case for all manufacturers brochures that I have seen.

Some dealers will make up the difference, for example those who had no umbrella asked the dealer who provided it free of charge.

brolly is part of the spec, but doesn't arrive with the car as they get nicked, so u have to get dealer to order it. No charge for it but there is a waiting list for them. Apparently..