monte carlo

hi just seen two monte carlos at my local dealer,they look a lot nicer in the metal than the publicity shots,the ones i saw was a silver one and a red one,iv now decided to alter my order for my monte,going to have it in silver instead of white,the red seats look better than the publicity shots

if you get a black vRS and make fit the black grill it'd look the same, but you would have the better engine.

Im ordering the black grill for mine. The dealer is just waiting for a monte carlo edition to arrive it the dealership so he can use the chassis number to find the correct part

hi just seen two monte carlos at my local dealer,they look a lot nicer in the metal than the publicity shots,the ones i saw was a silver one and a red one,iv now decided to alter my order for my monte,going to have it in silver instead of white,the red seats look better than the publicity shots

Called into Skoda Dealer on way home from work. They have a Red one in 105 BHP 1.2TSI trim. I was so interested in ordering a 105Diesel but having seen it in the flesh so to speak, i'm tempted to return in the morning and put down a ££deposit on it.

Have had the option to order a diesel with no commitment to buy it when it lands + offered favourable buy back price for the petrol should I decide to change!!

Must admit, IMHO I think the MonteCarlo looks like what the VRS should have looked like all along!!

Called into Skoda Dealer on way home from work. They have a Red one in 105 BHP 1.2TSI trim. I was so interested in ordering a 105Diesel but having seen it in the flesh so to speak, i'm tempted to return in the morning and put down a ££deposit on it.

Have had the option to order a diesel with no commitment to buy it when it lands + offered favourable buy back price for the petrol should I decide to change!!

Must admit, IMHO I think the MonteCarlo looks like what the VRS should have looked like all along!!

Liking the monte looks good but in a way I like the understated look of the VRS. :thumbup:

if you get a black vRS and make fit the black grill it'd look the same, but you would have the better engine.

Im ordering the black grill for mine. The dealer is just waiting for a monte carlo edition to arrive it the dealership so he can use the chassis number to find the correct part

Need the dark headlights too :yes: :thumbup:

It looks nicer than the vRS in some respects (grill, lights, wheelarch extensions) but for me, the vRS's front bumper is more coherent, being all one piece, and its simpler DRL arrangement. The Monte's tacked on front splitter looks a bit "aftermarket" and causes another bodywork join in an otherwise clean design, and the foglight/DRL unit looks fussy and not aggressive at all. IMHO, the vRS with the Monte's grill, lights and wheelarch extensions would be the perfect combo.

I'm hoping Skoda will offer the above pieces separately if/when I've ordered my vRS.

Statto

Liking the monte looks good but in a way I like the understated look of the VRS. :thumbup:

Agree with you in some ways. When the VRS II first came out, I was straight to the dealers for a drive, I was dissapointed to find out that it was DSG only. Please don't flame me, I have no hatred for DSG, it's just that I've always had a manual and changing gear with the stick is part of the overall 'drive' for me. I should imagine that once mastered, the DSG is unbeatable, it's just that over the years I've been very lucky to own some top, old school performance cars(I was an 80's teenager!!)and the combined clutch/gearchange/steering on the throttle was my bag. Nowadays my license is very valuable to me(daft statement sorry-they're valuable to us all) but esentially I derive more pleasure getting 10/10ths out of a less powerful car than 6/10ths from a quick'un

Back to your comment though, if the VRS had a manual box, I'd be fighting your corner all the way :thumbup::thumbup:

Ordered my monte Carlo today with the 105hp diesel. I was all ready to buy a vrs last year until they announced it was petrol only.

Was all ready to buy a diesel A1 but luckily stumbled across the MC press release in January and after seeing one in the flesh today it was deal done, especially with the vat free offer still available on the fabia diesels.

I agree a bit on the looks, but it is actually a bit more subtle in the flesh and if really worried you could always go for the pearl black to tone it down a bit (mine is red).

Anyway, roll on September

I agree with many of the comments on here. It seems a bit cack-handed of Skoda to release something that effectively looks loads better than the supposed flagship model. Stunning really.

I've been reading a few threads on here about ordering the black grille and lights as add-on extras (waiting for part number availability etc), but didn't I read something from Geneva about there being some sort of 'black pack' option to be had?

The other thing which no-one seems to be discussing is the interior. So many many reviews I've read cite the interior of the vRS as the biggest let-down (more consistently than DSG I think) and here we have a special edition model with the red-stictched wheel etc that the vRS has been crying out for. This wheel IMO should be standard on the vRS. Again, can it be specified as an option? I seem to recall steeing wheels being really trick to change post-factory.

I don't know why people are compairing the 2 cars, the mote carlo looks great (you can get the 'black pack' on the vRS now, as an option)

I like my vRS, its more basic than the polo GTI etc, because its cheaper... ,I bought it for the performance, it certainly wasn't based soley on looks!

makes sense to make a really nice looking special edition like the monte carlo, with some decent kit ect, but without the fastest engine, to keep buying and running costs down....

I think they both fit seperate market demands nicely... make the vRS too nice and it will be stepping on the polo GTI's remit...

its on skodas website... i will try to find where I read and post :)

Any link to the skoda uk website showing this would be appreciated as I sat down with the local dealer last weekend and we couldn't find anything officia,l specific to the uk Market. :-(

I queried with Skoda Customer Care whether the "black pack" was now an option on the vRS and received the following reply

I am happy to confirm that the Fabia vRS will soon be able to have elemants from the Monte Carlo specified as optional extras;

these will include the Black Grille and the Smoked Headlights.

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm a date when these will be available. I would like to invite you to contact your local retailer

next month for an update.

Hope that helps...

I queried with Skoda Customer Care whether the "black pack" was now an option on the vRS and received the following reply

I am happy to confirm that the Fabia vRS will soon be able to have elemants from the Monte Carlo specified as optional extras;

these will include the Black Grille and the Smoked Headlights.

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm a date when these will be available. I would like to invite you to contact your local retailer

next month for an update.

Hope that helps...

hi techle nice car black black black i like the grill aim having the roomy in black with the black grill but do the bottom in red like the

golfs there are night mare to keep clean but black is nice good look pete

Just put deposit down on a 1.2TSi 105 Monte Carlo in red with red interior, climate, bluetooth, cruise control & centre armrest.

It was in the showroom so no choice on spec. Wasn't particularly interested in having the armrest(would sooner have had a spare wheel) but at least there is no significant wait so should be collecting on Tuesday.

Having previously owned a 1.9tdi sport, I wasn't expecting to like the tsi but I was presently suprised. Even more so as I am back-trading a BMW 320D M-Sport :o The Monte' had 7 miles on clock to start and was recording average of 52mpg on 30 mile run when varying between 40-65mph. This figure dropped to low 40's with 'spirited' driving through our local B roads.

Must say that the tsi did sound quite throaty too. Overall, I'm well pleased!!!

i had a look at a black monte carlo at the dealership yesterday, i wasnt as impressed as i was expecting :| Still looks smart, just more from a distance than up close.

I dont like the arch extentions appearing like clip ons, oh why couldnt they just flare the archs abit???

Theres afew options missing from the standard specification i would have to put on (Curtain Airbags, ESP and possibly the TPM (total of £825* incl VAT)) before any others :S

Totally agree with Statto about the front splitter, it covers too much of the standard bumper for me but would like the rest of the Monte Carlo kit on a vRS. Let's hope someone from Skoda UK browses these forums. B)

Trans City, Walthamstow, London have a Red Monte Carlo. Wouldn't opt for red in the vRS personally but with the black lights, grille etc. it works very well.

It also has the "onyx" dark headlining which I'd prefer on the vRS if it was available.