Photography Thread

Tas

1 hour ago, pinkpanther said:

The night mode also seems to be effective in bright / direct sunlight

IMG_20181103_143746.jpg

IMG_20181103_143642.jpg

what does night mode do...just lower speed and then choose the iso and aperture?

iphones are pretty cool now...

cheers

geof

Edited by mrcrow

Unusual cloud front at Sainsbury's, Eastbourne:

IMG_1217.jpg

Only supposed to be the one photo, but I can't seem to delete the other! :shake:

Gaz

Edited by V6TDI
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mrcrow said:

what does night mode do...just lower speed and then choose the iso and aperture?

iphones are pretty cool now...

cheers

geof

This probably explains night mode better than I can:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/huawei-p20-pro-camera-tips/

• Like 1

On 03/11/2018 at 17:40, V6TDI said:

Unusual cloud front at Sainsbury's, Eastbourne:

IMG_1225.jpg

Only supposed to be the one photo, but I can't seem to delete the other! :shake:

Gaz

go to edit...then right hand click...cut and it should go...i cant do it because it isnt my post but i can in my quote post...we were in eastbourne a few weeks ago...our favourite coastal place..like to walk the cliffs

cheers

geof

ps looks like what they call a front..?

Edited by mrcrow

18 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

IMG_20181104_122043437_HDR.jpg

aye! McEwan's

auld reekie..went to college there...portobello actually...but spent many hours here watching the trains and walking the meadows

are you a native?

cheers

geof

wait!! i think you are in preston road linlithgow??

Edited by mrcrow

2 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

yep

live in Linlithgow, but had a day in Embra with the kids on Sunday. 

Took the "proper camera" but all my photos were pants. This one was straight off the mobile phone.

is that a decent digital camera you own and want to get rid off?????

that happens to me...i dont take my main camera around with me or the little lumix Fz either...so the phone comes out...and some of the shots are presentable....up to small resizing...

guess we may be trapped in the age of RAW photography and ttl metering etc

btw do you see Chookie there?....get it chookie embra

:giggle::clap:...:fubar:

my "proper camera" is a Pentax K-10D which is decent enough, though getting on a bit (10, 11 years ?)

I don't use it enough to justify the costs of buying another dSLR. 

nothing particularly wrong with the camera, just mainly user error forgetting to check what settings were on it the last time I used it - plus i had restricted myself to certain lenses and wouldn't have got that particular shot

more convenient to just whip out the mobile and take a snap on automatic which does everything for you, including all the HDR work etc.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wet Kipper said:

my "proper camera" is a Pentax K-10D which is decent enough, though getting on a bit (10, 11 years ?)

I don't use it enough to justify the costs of buying another dSLR. 

nothing particularly wrong with the camera, just mainly user error forgetting to check what settings were on it the last time I used it - plus i had restricted myself to certain lenses and wouldn't have got that particular shot

more convenient to just whip out the mobile and take a snap on automatic which does everything for you, including all the HDR work etc.

that's got a 10.2MP APS-C sensor...so not that big..& file sizes are small so not good for printing out big. Most good phones have more MP & even by the time you take into account the lens difference (glass is everything)..its not fantastic for the bulk of the camera...

If you have new phone, get some of those clip on lens type thingies which can improve them...

• Like 1

I need to get out with my camera more often,
I haven't really used it in months. :(

Edited by vectra1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vectra1 said:

I need to get out with my camera more often,
I haven't really used it in months. :(

:nerd:

me too..my old G1 developed a skin disease..when sticky

so i bought a G5...kept my 14-45 kit lens and reinvigorated my desire to go out and take better photos

??????

its the same lens you dummy!!

:worried:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Offski said:

Just snapped early this morning out a dirty hotel room window.

Edinburgh Park Train & Trams station sun rise.

About an hour later heading North over the Forth Crossing into torrential rain then low temp.

DSCN4631.JPG.61ed70dc31dbc1b087362c3596371c27.JPG

gey dreich as they say.

.lazy winds..wont go round you...just through you

thats a smart new bridge...i remember them starting the other one in 1958 as i travelled from bo'ness to my college in edinburgh (portobello) by bus via queensferry...just a lad of 15 with stars in my eyes and a pocket full of dreams...:blush

now look what they have gone and done after 55 years.. cross harp braced i think...very strong look

cheers

geof

Edited by mrcrow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Offski said:

Sadly 'Unfinished' before opening,  whats new ........

didnt know that... whats the charge to cross...is it both ways?

the bridge between cornwall and devon is £1.50 going into devon and free coming back...??

cheers

geof

• Haha 1

Nothing,  ziltz, zero pence, Scotland is rich, Free Prescriptions as well, free hospital parking except where it is not free...

so nothing to get in or out of Fife as it was with the last years of the Forth Road bridge after they had just spent 13 million quid to put the toll to the South side the tolls were removed.

(Learner drivers &  Agricultural vehicles are not allowed on the new bridge as it is a Motorway, and not allowed on the Forth Road Bridge either. Long way up the Forth to get across.)

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Offski said:

Nothing,  ziltz, zero pence, Scotland is rich, Free Prescriptions as well, free hospital parking except where it is not free...

so nothing to get in or out of Fife as it was with the last years of the Forth Road bridge after they had just spent 13 million quid to put the toll to the South side the tolls were removed.

(Learner drivers &  Agricultural vehicles are not allowed on the new bridge as it is a Motorway, and not allowed on the Forth Road Bridge either. Long way up the Forth to get across.)

good news for the fifers and choochters...they can escape to edinburgh for some site seeing and back again free!!

the M4 into wales is a rip off.. for visiting Wales...whales???

As of January 2018, the toll is £5.60 for a car and free coming back...

aye a wee trip tae kincardine dis ye guid!!

dinna furget wullies chip shop on the corner...:nerd:

Edited by mrcrow

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:22, Offski said:

Just snapped early this morning out a dirty hotel room window.

Edinburgh Park Train & Trams station sun rise.

About an hour later heading North over the Forth Crossing into torrential rain then low temp.

DSCN2335.JPG.75511704445b4771ace813d0b40496ba.JPG

DSCN2342.JPG.edda6c0f276a4481ad0e1303f0f1fde1.JPG

DSCN2339.JPG

Looking at the position of the road lane in relation to the camera it looks like you were taking the photos whilst driving....

not a good idea....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Offski said:

LOL, i was taking the pics while driving, and the camera is fixed and the Bluetooth remote is on the steering wheel. 

Not a good idea being a smart arse!

Can still count as a "distraction" like they are proving with people fiddling with the touch screen on fixed phones & sat navs etc.....

• Haha 1

Still pics and video, catch those car d!cks from the Moray Firth area that think they are driving gods.

Do you consider changing gears manually, dipping the lights, indicating, picking your nose as distractions?

Bluetooth on the steering wheel,  so that is as simple as it gets.  Not rocket science and not driving a manual, just rolling along singing a song watching for falling debris or those in the inside lane taking a swerve as they speak on their hands free.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Offski said:

Still pics and video, catch those car d!cks from the Moray Firth area that think they are driving gods.

Do you consider changing gears manually, dipping the lights, indicating, picking your nose as distractions?

Bluetooth on the steering wheel,  so that is as simple as it gets.  Not rocket science and not driving a manual just rolling along singing a song watching for falling debris or those in the inside lane taking a swerve as they speak on their hands free.

The angle of view from those pics in not best placed for a car dash cam..& more angled to show the pretty pics of the bridge struts....therefore not set up for "accident recorder".....