Photography Thread

Tas

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

Just a phone picture from a twilight walk around Sale Water Park 

20220924_190702.jpg

it would have been nicer without the pylons 

A long time since I've been there, early 80s I guess. My uncle used to windsurf on there.

Gran and grandad used to live on Railway Road right next to Old Trafford so we'd often go there. Their house backed onto Old Trafford separated by the railway (is there still a platform outside the ground?)

I loved it as a kid watching the Deltic Class 55s and the Class 8 shunters going up and down into the yard there. Probably more so than the lake walks 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lady Elanore said:

I don't think there has been a public train platform there for many years? Certainly I don't recall one. 

Pic from wiki. Their house was between the two grey posts on the left looking at that. 

Manchester_United_Halt1.jpeg

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Pic from wiki. Their house was between the two grey posts on the left looking at that. 

Manchester_United_Halt1.jpeg

Wow thats close. I think the platform they use now is a 5 minute walk. 

Funnily enough, it is the proximity of that railway line that prevents Man Utd from expanding that side of the ground to match the others. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lady Elanore said:

Wow thats close. I think the platform they use now is a 5 minute walk. 

Funnily enough, it is the proximity of that railway line that prevents Man Utd from expanding that side of the ground to match the others. 

Yeah, match days you got the score before the radio 😂

Parking was a nightmare on their road. Police used to put yellow cones out but some weren't deterred. There'd usually be a few stern looking women who  lived there with their arms crossed stood outside 😂

family woodland walk on sunday, spud jr was chatting about how tall the trees are, managed to sneak this before they moved.

20220925_121827.thumb.jpg.7332bce6d10c2dd6e5af7d2d76be444f.jpg

nearly got it perfect (if the tree top was in it too) but not bad for the 2seconds of setup time i had!

• Like 2
  • Love it! 2

I went up Beachy Head last night, just before sundown.  The clouds had other ideas, but just as I went to drive off the Sun peeked out from under a cloud:

2E291A6A-8EAF-484F-9EDF-F3AC2C8C4403.thumb.jpeg.f28cd59a8440fba2061f2535ee6cf54a.jpeg

It's funny how I can never quite catch the warm glow that was below it.

Gaz

• Like 4