Photography Thread

Tas

From a little amble around Winchelsea Church this afternoon:

IMG_6705.thumb.jpeg.dad15910c28439f74c22b45fd0ca29ab.jpeg

The well trodden path in the grass to where I'm standing is because I have my back to Spike Milligan's grave.  I sat in the Churchyard for a while as there was a street party going on, with a young lady singing songs from Les Miserables rather well.

Gaz

• Like 3

OK don't mock. This is my very first ever attempt at astrophotography. Sony DSC H300 bridge camera I've had for quite some time. ISO 800 shutter speed was 30". There's more stars than I can see. Way more.

DSC01586.thumb.JPG.9e2197c4cfc31b863664d57d3e4d3012.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks. I've known where that is, how to find Polaris (between that and Cassiopeia) and other constellations are for a long time. Since I was a sea cadet I think. I'd just never bothered to look at them this way before.

I think I need a better camera though maybe if I were to take it up as a hobby. 

Even 20mp looks like it has too much noise but maybe that's the camera.

It's a bridge cam as well with few manual settings for ISO and shutter speed. 

On 07/05/2023 at 23:36, @Lee said:

Thanks. I've known where that is, how to find Polaris (between that and Cassiopeia) and other constellations are for a long time. Since I was a sea cadet I think. I'd just never bothered to look at them this way before.

I think I need a better camera though maybe if I were to take it up as a hobby. 

Even 20mp looks like it has too much noise but maybe that's the camera.

It's a bridge cam as well with few manual settings for ISO and shutter speed. 

move farther out from the house so your not getting the light gathering off the gutters into the shot as that will wash out some of the other celestial light sources ;)

nae bad at all though :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mac11irl said:

move farther out from the house so your not getting the light gathering off the gutters into the shot as that will wash out some of the other celestial light sources ;)

nae bad at all though :)

Thanks, Mac :thumbup: Yeah I was just having a play to see what I could capture. Pleased with it as a first ever attempt! I'm seriously considering a a proper DSLR now so as my budget doesn't run into the 000s I'm currently looking at a Canon EOS 250D. 

I tried a couple more last night with just an 8 second shutter speed. It's not a shooting star - just a plane I never initially spotted :D 
I think I need to experiment a bit more on the shutter speed to find a compromise between how much light I capture and how much the earth's rotation effects it with getting 'trails'.

DSC01594.thumb.JPG.e6f6a79d01bdadf7934f8c568220ed32.JPG

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2

So, this arrived today. It could be a while before I take any pics mind. The manual's like War and Peace. Bluetooth and WiFi successfully paired after not RTFM and blundering away on my own.

My pic of the day 😂 

PXL_20230512_160840331.thumb.jpg.5a9ac7eb638844e5b5e92b54f1fbb494.jpgspan widget

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 4