Used VRS prices

Is it just me or are used petrol VRS prices going up?

I'm always debating keeping mine at the moment and checking autotrader prices show some TFSI 07/57 cars at £10k+. I was expecting a private sale to be more like £8k and trade at about £9k.

Edited by Aspman

Is it just me or are used petrol VRS prices going up?

I'm always debating keeping mine at the moment and checking autotrader prices show some TFSI 07/57 cars at £10k+. I was expecting a private sale to be more like £8k and trade at about £9k.

As long as your car has the upgraded specification:

18" Wheels

Jumbo Box

Rear Electric Windows

Climatronic AC

Then it can still command a fair price.

Cars without those upgrades are being hit in value.

I have a 56 plate vRS and it does pre-date all of those free upgrades.

I'm getting an offer of £6500 as a trade-in against my new Octy and prices seem to be around the £7000 - £7500 max for such specification.

What can I say - the 18" wheels et all are desireable :)

I have a PD170 2007 with all the extras and i wish i'd bought a petrol now.Was thinking about going down the route of a swap :wonder:

What car value mine (56 plate PD) at over 10k still. I'm well happy with that. It's quite an expensive car the vRS. When i was looking for a car i looked at Passats, Saab 93, Seat Leon, and Honda Accords but the Skoda vRS was more expensive than all of them.

I have a PD170 2007 with all the extras and i wish i'd bought a petrol now.Was thinking about going down the route of a swap :wonder:

I have a TSFI 2007 with the extras mentioned above and wish I'd got the diesel. Despite the forecourt prices being high trade-ins are rubbish.

I have a TSFI 2007 with the extras mentioned above and wish I'd got the diesel. Despite the forecourt prices being high trade-ins are rubbish.

Ah, memories of "Noel Edmonds Swap Shop" come flooding back...... :giggle: ....Sorry Guys..!

Just to keep the conversation going, how much of a difference does everyone think a private sale commands over a trade in. I'm interested as I'll be selling my 56 plate petrol estate with all of the desirables over the next month or so and was hoping to avoid trading it in - I'll also be selling with the remainder of the skoda warranty.

Cheers

Paul

What car value mine (56 plate PD) at over 10k still.

Trade use the Glass's guide, using What Car prices might leave you disappointed.

You can get a free Glass's valuation here.

http://www.virtual-s...h=b&sessionid=0

As an example the What Car valuation for my car is £14.5k, whilst Glass's was £10.8k

Edited by Lou_O

TBH I've been given a few trade in prices over the last 6 months. Glasses say about 8200 right now but Trade have been offering below 7500 since last year.

They want to offer you crap trade in and take premium prices for the sale. Hence a lot of metal not moving.

Workmates have family in the trade and apparently it's absolutely dead right now.

The motor trade does not seem to use parkers price guide it uses CAP valations, which they say is a more accurate valuation.

Most vauation services give very different valuations and you would need to use the trade one to know what they think your car is worth.

Glass' guide used to be industry standard but tbh the majority of used cars are now picked up through auction by dealers and sell for a lot less, esp. fast petrol cars. A dealer will usually phone around and see what other dealers will offer them for your part ex and will sell it on to them if it is a vehicle they cannot sell themselves. The highest price they receive is generally what they will give to you, at least this is what I have found in my experience.

Please don't base your price on parkers, what car?, auto trader etc as they are often over priced. Many people value there cars too highly and there is a big difference between an asking price and what it ends up selling for privately.

I was offered about £700 less than glass's for my last vehicle, which is a lot on a vehicle that is worth less than £7k

If it's of any help, I've just been offered 7500 as a trade in. That's for a 07 vRS PD. 52k, 17" alloys but has the jumbo and dual zone. I think that's a fair price to be honest, especially due to the mileage.

S.

If it's of any help, I've just been offered 7500 as a trade in. That's for a 07 vRS PD. 52k, 17" alloys but has the jumbo and dual zone. I think that's a fair price to be honest, especially due to the mileage.

S.

I was told that I would have got £7000 or so if I'd had the JumboBox & 18" wheels so sounds like about on the money.

Trade use the Glass's guide, using What Car prices might leave you disappointed.

You can get a free Glass's valuation here.

http://www.virtual-s...h=b&sessionid=0

As an example the What Car valuation for my car is £14.5k, whilst Glass's was £10.8k

That's great - Glass's valuation on mine in excellent condition is £13850, and I only paid £16500 new 2 years ago :thumbup:

I'm not selling it though :no:

Paid 6300 for an 06 plate, Last August.

Race Blue, Lots of options including PDC, Maxidot, Auto Wipers and all the ones above. 1 owner FSSH.

They do seem to have gone up since then, I looked on the trader the other day and the closet I could find to mine was 7K

And Glass's guide for trade in now is 5300, so not too bad for 8 months motoring in a 'Supposed Petrol Performance Car'

That sounds like a great buy - what was the mileage at the time?

I paid £7.5k for my 06 TFSI with jumbo, 18s, climate etc. 46k miles, FSH and 4 year service include cambelt and new tyres. This came from Skoda dealer with full 12 month warranty.

Price now is the same as yours but it's worth so much more than that. TBH I thought £7.5k was bargain as it is a lot of car for the money.

Hi Everyone

Just registered after having bought a silver 2008(08) PD170 at the weekend B)

I spent a lot of time researching the market, getting everything off Autotrader, Pistonheads and all the others. Some of the observations I made:

- Many private sellers are trying to get dealer money for their cars

- There really aren't many private sellers about

- When you look at the market as a whole, there isn't much variation in prices between dealers

- Skoda dealers are actually quite competitive on price :o

- As noted above, vRSs really hold their value B)

- Petrols are generally worth £1k less than the diesel equivalent though I didn't spend a lot of time looking

- Whatever the CAP valation comes back at, the trade vehicles are generally selling at £500-£1000 below that

I paid £12,495 for my car, with 17K on the clock including another 9 months dealer warranty on top once the manufacturers warranty runs out. Car is in VGC with one slight graze which is being rectified before delivery.

I really noticed how much difference an extra £1K on the purchase price makes in terms of manufacture date, mileage and spec.

That sounds like a great buy - what was the mileage at the time?

I paid £7.5k for my 06 TFSI with jumbo, 18s, climate etc. 46k miles, FSH and 4 year service include cambelt and new tyres. This came from Skoda dealer with full 12 month warranty.

Price now is the same as yours but it's worth so much more than that. TBH I thought £7.5k was bargain as it is a lot of car for the money.

Yeah, to be fair I think you got a total bargain there.

You fukka.

Hi I've just bought privately (6 weeks ago) a 56 plate Petrol Vrs hatch for 7300 with 30K.

Race Blue, 18's, Xenons, Dual /Jumbo, Front and Rear PDC, SAT NAV, Maxi, Auto lights, mirror and wipers.

Just serviced and new tyres all round. :rofl:

Spent 6 months looking before I found it.

That seemed a good price compared to what else was out there and hopefully with the spec I wont have a problem when I come to sell it in a few years time.

There was so much stuff listed on Autotrader that had been there for months, but not suprising as the trade wanted 2K more for same age and mileage.

Yeah, to be fair I think you got a total bargain there.

I should have added that I also bought this last August, not in the past few weeks. As has been mentioned above, Skoda dealers seem to have some of the best prices.

Sounds like SPUD has done well to.

The interesting thing about this thread is that people seem to struggle selling privately if you look in the classifieds here. One guy has dropped the price of his 06 plate VRS to £5k :o

Food for thought indeed!

I am considering putting my low mileage, loaded 2007 (56) TFSI up for sale, wary that I can't put too much detail on here without falling foul of the rules (as my last post was removed).

I'll be bearing some of your comments/prices in mind when I do get round to it. Thanks folks...

Did a Parkers paid for mileage adjusted valuation...and was pleasantly surprised. Looks like used values are going up a little

Parkers tend to be very generous.

I've always taken Parkers valuations as the price you get against a new full price car. You never get anything like their figures in any other circumstances.

Best way to value is to go on autotrader find a few similar cars to yours knock off 20% + 2-5% more for profit.