Order Times, Build Times, Delays, The Skoda Black Hole Ordering System

Have you rung your sales advisor?

yes and I have the order number for the "tracking site" too, just says "awaiting build date" .... its within his estimated times at the moment (12 weeks) ..

I have found out today,i'll have mine in 2-3 weeks :rock:

when did you order it?

yes and I have the order number for the "tracking site" too, just says "awaiting build date" .... its within his estimated times at the moment (12 weeks) ..

when did you order it?

My sales advisor just told me that this tracking site is not an official Skoda site and it doesn't work anyway??

My sales advisor just told me that this tracking site is not an official Skoda site and it doesn't work anyway??

When I asked about this site I was told:

"It was a website setup by another Skoda Dealer to give bogus info on delivery dates but only worked with their order numbers from that dealer.

Skoda confirmed with us it’s not a genuine site"

Ordered my Monte 1.2 tsi with no extras on 4th March. Just been told my car will go in for build on 20th of this month which is a Saturday.

I always thought the process was build on Monday finish by Friday and then send for delivery.

Can anyone shed light on this.

If its true then I should get delivery second week of May. :)

When I asked about this site I was told:

"It was a website setup by another Skoda Dealer to give bogus info on delivery dates but only worked with their order numbers from that dealer.

Skoda confirmed with us it’s not a genuine site"

it isnt, I always knew that, its set up by bickertons (a GREAT dealer I used when I lived down there) and it works perfectly, for all order numbers, sounds like sour grapes from your dealer trying to diss another dealers cool idea that works... "ITS NOT OFFICIAL! AARRGGG" Briskoda isn't official either but works well :p .... it was SKODA's own customer services that put me onto the tracking site.....

Ordered my Monte 1.2 tsi with no extras on 4th March. Just been told my car will go in for build on 20th of this month which is a Saturday.

I always thought the process was build on Monday finish by Friday and then send for delivery.

Can anyone shed light on this.

If its true then I should get delivery second week of May. :)

generally the car will arrive at the dealer 2-3 weeks from build date..... only takes them a day to build the car, I've been to the factory and seen it ;)

We ordred our's at the end of December 2012, collectiong it on Saturday. Although the dealer quoted 12 to 16 weeks. I'd always take the longest estimate as the more accurate.

One of the reasons Skoda take longer than other VW group cars to deliver, is the unreliable transport company Skoda use. Seems to take them 2 to 3 times longer to transport.

Fabia Vrs ordered on 30th March 2013, after a week I was told the order had been accepted but haven't heard anything since. No reply to my first e-mail back to the sales bloke, so just sent a second to chase things up.

Some good news soon I hope. Warrington dealership, I was told 14-16 weeks for delivery. I'm hoping for something more like the above 8 weeks but I'm just not that lucky. Fingers crossed for anything before 16 weeks I suppose.

Fabia Vrs ordered on 30th March 2013...

*** UPDATE ***

Spoke with dealer yesterday and he said provisional build date of week 19 (early May). Delivery 4-5 weeks after that.

It's an improvement on the 14-16 weeks initially quoted... I hope it goes as well as it sounds.

We now have our new 1.6 tdi elegance. Great improvement on the old 1.9, smoother, quieter and more economical. Very pleased.

When i used to work for Toyota it was about 2 solid days to go from roll of steel to finished car...

Still waiting on my vRS - aiming for end of May delivery as well, although mine was ordered early Feb :(

That will have been Toyota sourcing all those parts from other manufacturers and having very poor quality control.

Why they are suffering so many sub standard brake, steering parts & doing so many recalls.

eg,

4 recalls now on the 2009-2010 Euro 4 Engined iQ's

The wait is for the Build Date & then the Delivery,

so that is just the same as with a Toyota & many other car manufacturers.

george

The option of Eibachs was not even mentioned when I placed my order, I wasn't aware there were options over and above the ones in the brochure...

Maybe it's just as well - might have held up my build date even more!!!